Stuck on a loading screen

At the moment, there is a problem with some instances becoming corrupted - This will prevent you loading the area again, and you'll never get past the loading screen.

There are a few ways to get around this, until we're able to find a better solution:

Switching servers - America to Europe, or back again. This is the only way to fix the problem if it happens in town.

Ctrl-Click an instance door, and create a new instance: This is the easiest way to solve the problem if it happens in the wild.

All instances close after being empty for 15 minutes, and at that point you'll be able to return to town. If a player is idling in town however, it can take quite a bit longer.

If you're getting the "Failed to Connect to Instance" message, rather than being stuck on a loading screen indefinitely, your router firewall may be blocking some ports in the game. Try allowing ports 32768-61000 in your router firewall settings, and see if this solves the problem.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Oct 3, 2012, 10:13:17 PM
I'll pass this info on, see what the others can learn about it!
Balance & Design
Has running this shown any information for those with the unable to see anything on the beach problem? And do you have the latest drivers?
Balance & Design
"
S4ngetsu wrote:
It just crashed a few minutes ago after i was stuck in laoding screen to the broken bridge portal. Maybe this bug was caused by teleporting 2 times very fast in a row.

Try using this to repair these errors!
Balance & Design
"
Zaraky wrote:
Tried that... doesn't work. I just keep crashing crashing and crashing... IT start the load screen, some music start for a sec or 2 and then nothing and it's white out.

Do you have the latest drivers? What are your system specs?
Balance & Design
"
GDB123DIE wrote:
how long is the pack check meant to run for?

it's still in the command prompt

'C:\Installation Folder\Path of Exile>PackCheck Content.ggpk
Checking pack file conent.ggpk...'

been that way for at least 10minutes.

Depends on how fast your PC is! If it keeps running indefinitely, your pack file is probably broken beyond all repair, and you may need to delete and re-patch it :s
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Mar 25, 2012, 7:07:03 PM
"
Having major sync problems again - opened a portal to town - ran to the stash and blink and I was back at the portal this happened 3x in succession finally it disconnected me again :(

Been disconnected maybe 7 or 8 times tonight - forget how many - just a lot! Just not loading some instances for me, hanging on the loading screen - loads and I see no characters to choose (its empty) now I cant connect at all. Some of this time was in a party some was when I was playing alone.

Try changing to an alternate server (American/Europe) and see if this changes anything.
Balance & Design
"
Diligence109 wrote:
I'm having the problem where the first loading screen never goes away and I can't/haven't played the game at all (only thing you're able to do is open the skills window). Someone else in this thread said they got it working by going fullscreen but that didn't do anything for me... is there a fix for this?

amendment: I got it to display the very first frame and I saw my new level 1 character standing on a beach next to some guy with a quest but couldn't do anything but open (and close!) the skills window

Would you be able to post System Specs and what ISP you are using? It sounds like the game is taking too long to load because of high settings, and so is timing out, thinking you've disconnected?
Balance & Design
"
Diligence109 wrote:
highlights are that I'm running XP SP3 on a '06 MacBook Pro with a Radeon X1600 with Omega drivers... pretty old rig here, wouldn't be surprised if I didn't make the cut :(

I'm afraid it's not quite recent enough to run the game, sorry! Another player reported upgrading the graphics card let him run the game, but that may not be an option with a MacBook. Sorry!
Balance & Design
It's a timer thing - The broken town instance will reset after 15 minutes, as long as it's empty. However, if a player is idling in town, it can take a long time to recover!
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info