[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Thnx ill give it another go..kamikaze style 😉
maybe Wickerman might fair better

after watching that Death's Oath build breeze through HoGM, due to the chaos degen aura, and using scorching ray on CI characters

There are some chaos Spectres, which might also work

Last edited by SSF_CoolColJ on Nov 29, 2017, 8:37:03 PM
Trying a variant of this build in HC SSF Mayhem, a late switch after I took my Hierophant (Righteous Fire on MOM and 3 Scorching ray totems) to level 79 in SC Mayhem

Up to lv 55 so far and just smooth sailing, apart from the hectic first few levels, when I would log out when I got sandwiched between Invasion bosses!
I just found a Skullhead, but still farming Sarn exiles for Bones of Ullr.
Hope to get a Tabula as well, like my Hierophant did in SC Mayhem by farming Tidal Island and Mud Flats when exiles are on

Leveling with 4 link Skele totem in chest, 4 link SRS in +1 minion helmet (rolled with recipe), 7 zombies and 1 stone golem. Hatred on generosity.
The difference in DPS and survivability between my necro and hierophant is night and day!
The DPS of my Necro's combined minions is pretty crazy - I just phased the Brine King instantly everytime. Act 4 Piety died halfway through her first beam rotation etc, plus all the Act 4 minor bosses died within 3-4 secs. Act 5 Kitava was a breeze.
Almost time to switch SRS to Spectres, but I will keep the skele totem I think, they block mobs and projectiles, trap bosses, and hit damn hard - plus keep Zombies/Spectres engaged when your kiting, same for SRS totem.
Self casting SRS is tedious and tiring...

My Heirophant has died a lot already, when I leveled with ball lightning/glacial cascade totems, but got way better after I switched to scorching ray totems - the DPS is so much higher and constant with Scorching ray. Just melted bosses. Switching to Righteous Fire build, after tons of regrets, helps as well. Very good for farming Blood Aqueducts etc :)

I originally had theorycrafted a SRS totems and skeles for my Hierophant, with some spectres. Which in hindsight I should have stuck with, as the POB DPS is very good, and based on my Necro leveling, even without Ascendency nodes, the minion DPS is through the roof.

Last edited by CoolColJ on Nov 30, 2017, 9:13:27 PM
"
CoolColJ wrote:
Trying a variant of this build in HC SSF Mayhem, a late switch after I took my Hierophant (Righteous Fire on MOM and 3 Scorching ray totems) to level 79 in SC Mayhem

Up to lv 55 so far and just smooth sailing, apart from the hectic first few levels, when I would log out when I got sandwiched between Invasion bosses!
Hope to get a Tabula as well, like my Hierophant did in SC Mayhem by farming Tidal Island and Mud Flats when exiles are on

Leveling with 4 link Skele totem in chest, 4 link SRS in +1 minion helmet (rolled with recipe), 7 zombies and 1 stone golem. Hatred on generosity.
The difference in DPS and survivability between my necro and hierophant is night and day!
The DPS of my Necro's combined minions is pretty crazy - I just phased the Brine King instantly everytime. Act 4 Piety died halfway through her first beam rotation etc, plus all the Act 4 minor bosses died within 3-4 secs. Act 5 Kitava was a breeze.
Almost time to switch SRS to Spectres, but I will keep the skele totem I think, they block mobs and projectiles, trap bosses, and hit damn hard - plus keep Zombies/Spectres engaged when your kiting, same for SRS totem.

My Heirophant has died a lot already, when I leveled with ball lightning/glacial cascade totems, but got way better after I switched to scorching ray totems - the DPS is so much higher and constant with Scorching ray. Just melted bosses. Switching to Righteous Fire build, after tons of regrets, helps as well. Very good for farming Blood Aqueducts etc :)

I originally had theorycrafted a SRS totems and skeles for my Hierophant, with some spectres. Which in hindsight I should have stuck with, as the POB DPS is very good, and based on my Necro leveling, even without Ascendency nodes, the minion DPS is through the roof.

It would be even more ridiculous if you played in normal leagues. When you switched to Spectre at lv31 after getting all the gems, you could ask for a summoner friend to get you a spectre TV sample from Act 6 the Coast and/or a Wicker Man sample from Act 10 Ravage Square, then you can breeze through everything with ease.
"
wiwigvn wrote:

It would be even more ridiculous if you played in normal leagues. When you switched to Spectre at lv31 after getting all the gems, you could ask for a summoner friend to get you a spectre TV sample from Act 6 the Coast and/or a Wicker Man sample from Act 10 Ravage Square, then you can breeze through everything with ease.

I'm at lv 63 now, and haven't had any near death experience apart from a Doedre (sewers act 8) explosion. 3.2k life, which is the highest I've ever had this early in the game
First time playing hardcore at >level 10, so I'm being extra cautious

Right now using 2 Frost Sentinels on a 4 link chest, with 4 link SRS in the +1 minion helm and the 7 zombies. G'damn the Frost sentinels are fun, screen wide AOE clear :)
Orb of storms to proc EE. And my trusty Storm Burst + CWC + desecrate + flesh offering setup

Plus I spam my decoy totem.

Two questions:

1. I have seen references to run solar guard specs sometimes? Or did I misread that in the follow up posts. I didn't see this covered in the wonderful first post.

2. Is there a post announcement I can read regarding the offering nerf?

Thanks!
"
ImAncient wrote:
Two questions:

1. I have seen references to run solar guard specs sometimes? Or did I misread that in the follow up posts. I didn't see this covered in the wonderful first post.

2. Is there a post announcement I can read regarding the offering nerf?

Thanks!

1. A bunch of us run Solar Guards for mapping at the least. The clearspeed on them is ridiculous - they are like Wickermen, only with a target aquisition range that's literally offscreen a good portion of the time. They do require a different gem setup and different curses, though.

They are a little different - they don't penetrate monsters with shields, for instance. Takes some getting used to. Also, they don't proc the spectral wolf on kill from Scourge.

Single target is weak by comparison to TVs, even if you gemswap before big battles.

2. Unless something has shown up in the last day, so far this is still speculation AFAIK.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
CoolColJ wrote:

Good RNG for me

Bones of Ullr dropped for me after farming exiles in Sarn city after a 15min session.
Then an Exile dropped Victario's Charity shield in act 10 Ossuary

Now I just need a Stone of Lazwhar or Rathpith globe :)

Lv 66, and life at 3.8k looking good

Although the 9 move speed Bones of Ullr feels so slow, after my 30ms boots....
But I'm using Fidelitas' Spike for whirling blades, which is pretty damn fast
Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 1, 2017, 9:18:28 PM
"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:

Good RNG for me

Bones of Ullr dropped for me after farming exiles in Sarn city after a 15min session.
Then an Exile dropped Victario's Charity shield in act 10 Ossuary

Now I just need a Stone of Lazwhar or Rathpith globe :)

Lv 66, and life at 3.8k looking good

Although the 9 move speed Bones of Ullr feels so slow, after my 30ms boots....
But I'm using Fidelitas' Spike for whirling blades, which is pretty damn fast

Lv 69 did merciless Lab, with 4.1k life, and did not get hit by Izaro at all, just good luck dodging I guess

And I enchanted my Skullhead and got 100% increased stone golem buff - lol you can't make up this RNG....

edit - Kitava act 10 down! Well 4+k life allows you to survive the burning ground phase, but I also forgot to spec into the Pantheon that makes you ignore burning ground

edit 2 - found Fortified legion jewel, so using that, works well with build with all the blocking the minions do they will recover 2% of life. Especially when the Invasion bosses drop firestorms and what not.

edit 3 - running 1 Vanguard, 1 Wickerman and 1 Cannibal Fire eater, and just wrecking stuff in a 4 link... lv 72, and finally on the POE Racing rankings :P
Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 2, 2017, 2:12:36 AM
So which curse do i use for fast map clear

TV and WM: Vulnerability
SG: Flammability

right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info