[3.5](Vaal) Flameblast Inpulsa

Hey ! i had been using your build this season but i couldnt afford inpulsa yet.. (maybe i do but i wasted around 500 fusing trying to six link the staff and im kinda poor atm)

Caster without defenses channeling skills? I had to figure out another defensive way to fight tier10+ maps! and i got this:

Armour:
Spoiler

enfeeble + temporal chains + flammability + warlord's mark + elemental weakness + X ( The last one can be despair but idk if it works with Burning damage.. or Assassin mark for power charges ++crit to proc elemental overload.. poacher mark to get frenzy charges to increase casting speed could be a choice but it may be better if you do party with a melee because you are wasting some of the curse mechanics)

How does it work? it gives you a totem skill that doesnt interrupt your casting, you can have up to 3 and they are tanky, they block proyectiles, can get agro, and the way to use them is to spam the key almost off screen while running towards that point (when you get there the monsters are already cursed, just beware to stand near the totems if there are monsters that do AOE or piercing proyectiles)

Other skill gems:
Spoiler
++ i linked the orb of storms in my boots with Arcane surge 7 + increased critical strikes + increased AOE

++ using discipline mostly and i swap it to purities depending on the map curses ( Haste lvl 14 if the monster damage is low )

++ CWDT on helmet with increased duration and immortal call

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
IDK About this but changing Mastermind of Discord for Paragon of Calamity feels goood, idk how much damage you lose because idk the mechanics about lowering the resist with two curses + elemental equilibrium and the impact of 25% fire penetration on top of that.. but being immune to elemental reflect allows you to run EVERY map. And you get +40% damage if you get hit by fire damage, kinda situational but in that case you may have the same damage than using Mastermind of discord

Mana problems & flameblast basics
Spoiler
As stated in the original post, warlord mark makes your mana problems go away, however new people to this build should test channeling flameblast in their hideout to create muscle memory of how much time it needs to grow to ten stacks because the circle size isnt representative (it gets to 10 when its size is still small and you keep wasting mana for nothing)

pd. i have big pools of ignorance about burning, dots and some other mechanics. Im not saying this armour is better tan inpulsa, its just a god tier low-cost armour everyone should try while grinding they way to inpulsa.
I can upload a video if you want (although its very cheap and everyone should give it a try)
Last edited by Sehk on Jan 7, 2019, 4:36:14 PM
Thanks for post Sehk! I would never have thought of using Doedre's Skn but it sounds like a good alternative to the expensive Inpulsa. I would rather use a Carcass Jack for huge AoE boost or Beast Fur Shawl if I was playing with an ES variant.

"
CWDT on helmet with increased duration and immortal call

I would add a Cold Snap to it. Chill and frenzy charges would be good for a Flameblast without Inpulsa.

"
IDK About this but changing Mastermind of Discord for Paragon of Calamity feels goood, idk how much damage you lose because idk the mechanics about lowering the resist with two curses + elemental equilibrium and the impact of 25% fire penetration on top of that..

I think it would be a 15-20% dps lost on average on t16 / Shaper.

"
As stated in the original post, warlord mark makes your mana problems go away, however new people to this build should test channeling flameblast in their hideout to create muscle memory of how much time it needs to grow to ten stacks because the circle size isnt representative (it gets to 10 when its size is still small and you keep wasting mana for nothing)

When I was playing with this build before Inpulsa has been introduced to the game I've found that it was safer to charge only a few stacks a few times instead of making one 10-stack hit when clearing in a lot of cases. The damage was actually enough to one-shot packs and they didn't manage to reach me until I released let's say a 4-stack Flameblast.

"
I can upload a video if you want

Sure! I would like to see how this build does with Doedre's Skin.
"
The damage was actually enough to one-shot packs and they didn't manage to reach me until I released let's say a 4-stack Flameblast.

Yes! forgot to mention i was talking about boss-fights, i do release at 4-5 stacks against regular monsters too

"
I would add a Cold Snap to it. Chill and frenzy charges would be good for a Flameblast without Inpulsa.

nice! didnt remember to use cold snap, when it procs i have the three types of charges up (warlord mark + assassin mark <-- swaped despair to this and now elemental overloard procs after every hit)

Videos
Spoiler

1*my staff is still 5-linked, wasted around 700 fuses and still nothing.

2*Sorry for not having sound but i had music and i didnt want to put it in the video, i recommend to open a song while watching.

3*this is the first time i do this map. I didnt knew the boss mechanics!

Minotaur T16:https://youtu.be/pBpp2rqNwSc
Mods: -9 maximum resist, Enfeeble, monsters have 20% chance to cause elemental ailments on hit, -25% AOE

Shaped Belfry T15:https://youtu.be/XOogyVLgT9o
Mods: less armor/block chance, monsters +life +dmg, sea witches, cant stun

*Remember that i changed 2 ascendancy points to be able to run maps with ele reflect!
Last edited by Sehk on Jan 9, 2019, 2:13:13 AM
Ok ! two days ago i got the 6link.

Today i tried uber elder two times, the second time i managed to lower their hp to 50% (both shaper's and elder's). I may try again tomorrow
"
Today i tried uber elder two times, the second time i managed to lower their hp to 50% (both shaper's and elder's). I may try again tomorrow

Good luck then! I've never attempted Uber Elder with this build and I think it would be very challenging to beat it with Flameblast since you are locked in one place for too long.
Hello Brant,
I'm a begginer at Poe and i really wanted to use this flameblast skill for the witch i'm planning to build. I really liked your thread and all the explanations you gave. Thx a lot for that.
Would it be possible for you to give me a hint about the path to follow while leveling on the passive skill tree because i'm not sure witch way to go first (or if if i should expand in all directions simultanesly).
Sry for my lack of english and huge thanks again for the work.
Also i would like to understand how do you trigger arcane surge lvl 9 with orb of storm at level 20. Sounds like Orb of storm lvl 20 cost 15 mana or something while lvl9 arcane surge ask 50 mana.

I was checking things, to trigger arcane surge lvl 1 with one orb of storm i would need this last one to be at least lvl 17. Is that correct?

Im a bit lost, lvl 21 right now and i feel like glass canon with my Orb of Storm lvl 7...
Hey Minalbo. Sorry for not responding for that long but I haven't been here for some time. I was recently working on an update to this build but since I'm not ready to make a full update to my guide yet, I will only give you this pastebin so you could see how the passive tree changed:

https://pastebin.com/0y6cYvpc

I won't tell you a certain way to level this build and it's because I've leveled it only once a few leagues ago and since then a lot of things has changed (now I'm only making small changes to already existing char).

As you are the beginner, you won't probably earn a lot of currency quickly, so instead of buying Inpulsa body armor which is very expensive, buy a Carcass Jack. Inpulsa let's you tap a Flameblast in one spot and the entire pack of mobs is exploding in a chain reaction. Without that body armor you won't be able to do that - so you need bigger Flameblast to kill monster packs. Carcass Jack gives you a huge AoE bonus and that's why I recommend it to you.

Which lvl is your char currently? I'm asking because my advise regarding a passive tree is to always go for things you feel you need. Without Inpulsa you would probably need more AoE and cast speed nodes so your Flameblast could be more effective in killing mobs.

I was experimenting a bit with Orb of Storms setup and changing over and over supports to it so currently it may be not adjusted properly to an Arcane Surge (also patch 3.6 came along with mana cost changes to most skills). Don't follow my Arcane Surge setup, just use the lvl adjusted to your Orb of Storms mana cost.

I will make an update to the guide in a few days.
Hi. I'm trying this build on SSf so it's going to be difficult to get certain items but doable. Is there a reason you go into the right side of the tree rather than Heart of Flame?

Just verifying that this is the updated tree? Do you think there are any changes I should make to it going into ssf? https://imgur.com/a/srvYuPs

A somewhat new player so if you have any additional tips it would be much appreciated, really love the build so far :)

Last edited by Nenthus on Apr 17, 2019, 7:28:39 PM
Please refresh pictures, i just started making the build ;-;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info