ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
IMSilver wrote:
What's wrong with dictators? I'd love to be one.

Same here. I'd make a great dictator. Democracy is overrated.

I got some creative ideas for punishments and deterrents for criminals.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 21, 2018, 12:58:49 PM
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
meh, I can't really spend my time pleasing crazy people since their demands (in this case) are not logical.

I'm serious when I say: if you worked for a prominent company in the USA, and said what you said under your real name, the crazy liberals would protest against you for racism, and you'd probably be fired. Things are getting really bad here in the USA.

I never talk politics online, under my name, on Facebook ect. I've got a house and family, and it is too great a risk.

You're one of those who believes there's absolutely no systemic biases or endemic racism/sexism/creed-ism left in the world, and who figures any movement trying to raise awareness of or fight those systemic issues is nothing but a bunch of screaming lunatics, aren't you?

Constantly accusing literally everyone that isn't a white Christian male of being a 'crazy liberal' when they try and raise awareness of the fact that being A.) white, B.) Christian, and C.) male are all undeniable advantages in the modern U.S. job/opportunity market is adding to the problem, not combating or resolving it.

None of these people blame you for being white, Christian, or male. These organizations and movements, when guided and directed by people doing them properly, are trying to do nothing more than increase public awareness of issues that non-W/C/M individuals face that the average W/C/M individual does not know about. Nobody's trying to steal your job. Nobody's trying to thoughtpolice you.

All they're doing - and I say this as a white male who's talked extensively with some folks involved with these ideas - is trying to educate people, tell them that this shit is indeed still happening, and we can only fix it if everyone is aware of the problem and does their little bit to correct it.

No, Faerwin's plan would not get him Fired For Having Opinions. It's not viable for numerous other reasons, but seriously. Can we not chew on people for raising awareness of systemic problems lingering from much darker days of U.S. history?
"
1453R wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
meh, I can't really spend my time pleasing crazy people since their demands (in this case) are not logical.

I'm serious when I say: if you worked for a prominent company in the USA, and said what you said under your real name, the crazy liberals would protest against you for racism, and you'd probably be fired. Things are getting really bad here in the USA.

I never talk politics online, under my name, on Facebook ect. I've got a house and family, and it is too great a risk.

You're one of those who believes there's absolutely no systemic biases or endemic racism/sexism/creed-ism left in the world, and who figures any movement trying to raise awareness of or fight those systemic issues is nothing but a bunch of screaming lunatics, aren't you?

Constantly accusing literally everyone that isn't a white Christian male of being a 'crazy liberal' when they try and raise awareness of the fact that being A.) white, B.) Christian, and C.) male are all undeniable advantages in the modern U.S. job/opportunity market is adding to the problem, not combating or resolving it.

None of these people blame you for being white, Christian, or male. These organizations and movements, when guided and directed by people doing them properly, are trying to do nothing more than increase public awareness of issues that non-W/C/M individuals face that the average W/C/M individual does not know about. Nobody's trying to steal your job. Nobody's trying to thoughtpolice you.

All they're doing - and I say this as a white male who's talked extensively with some folks involved with these ideas - is trying to educate people, tell them that this shit is indeed still happening, and we can only fix it if everyone is aware of the problem and does their little bit to correct it.

No, Faerwin's plan would not get him Fired For Having Opinions. It's not viable for numerous other reasons, but seriously. Can we not chew on people for raising awareness of systemic problems lingering from much darker days of U.S. history?

You've misrepresented or misunderstood my argument.

I defined crazy liberals as the ones who state that treating people equally is racist, and state that treating people differently based on their skin color is not racist.

That's a far cry from your statements. You seem to think I said all liberals are crazy. I did not.
Last edited by Khoranth on Apr 21, 2018, 1:53:31 PM
"
Khoranth wrote:

I defined crazy liberals as the ones who state that treating people equally is racist, and state that treating people differently based on their skin color is not racist.

That's a far cry from your statements. You seem to think I said all liberals are crazy. I did not.

That is a misrepresentation. Crazy liberals are saying underprivileged or disadvantaged people need preferential treatment to reduce the suffering, hardship and gap comparably with the rest of the population. In a way they advocate treating underprivileged or disadvantaged people differently.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

That is a misrepresentation. Crazy liberals are saying underprivileged or disadvantaged people need preferential treatment to reduce the suffering, hardship and gap comparably with the rest of the population. In a way they advocate treating underprivileged or disadvantaged people differently.

I agree that poor people raised in bad situations need special help. That is not the position of crazy liberals. The crazed liberals demand we treat poor, disadvantaged people differently based on their skin color....as if some kid raised by a crackhead in a trailer park does not need just as much help as some kid raised by a crackhead in the inner city. it is blatant racism, and you have to be completely insane not to recognize it.

Crazed, racist liberals are the entire reason Trump is president, if you didnt get that yet.
Last edited by Khoranth on Apr 21, 2018, 4:42:39 PM
"
faerwin wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
You can have balance in a single government if there's multiple representatives that share the top level of decision making.

Right, so you’re saying that you can have balance if you have the United States Constitution.

not at all.

Sure it is. Absolute tyranny is the natural state of any worldly authority that transcends its parent hierarchy. The United States Constitution outlines a system whereby three distinct (potential) dictatorships are forced to compete to actualize their will. We’d have the world’s foremost government, bar none, if we were still the United States and not the United Under Credible Threat of Federal Reprisal States. That’s the only problem. Emphasis, only, full stop. Democracy is supposed to shout up, not down. When it shouts down, that’s called oppression; one size fits all does not fit. The only successful way to create a sustainable, functional society is to be highly exclusive, and small. I.e., states.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Khoranth wrote:
Crazed, racist liberals are the entire reason Trump is president, if you didnt get that yet.

Trump is president because plebs are allowed to vote.
"
faerwin wrote:
Yes, it's the EXACT reason why politics need an overhaul and that it start being based on competence and voted by people that know what* they are voting for.

*by what, I mean their plans if they get elected.

I absolutely agree with you. I’m sure if we try hard enough, we’ll find disagreements over the particulars, but I agree that voting should be an earned privilege, and not a right granted by virtue of mere existence (since citizenship as a requirement already has one foot out the door). It is an extremely dangerous proposition, however, which needs a robust set of rules to govern it lest it be abused more than our current quagmire of corruption. Edit: I don’t know what those rules are, but as evidenced by the constitution itself, I’m sure they could be engineered.

Something else we’d likely agree about: I have ideas for an NPO which produces transparency in governance by tracking all elected and appointed officials, their public comments, and how well they match with their voting history. This would include transcribing a layman’s summary of every proposition, and assign a weighted trust score correlated across multiple vectors (e.g., individual representatives, the regional entity that they form, the propositions themselves, etc.) all made publically available and (more importantly) easily digestible. It’d be like a partner service to (and could likely work with) the likes of Snopes, NPR, etc.

Only problem is, I’m dumb at running a business, so all I can contribute are idle musings and hope somebody else is capable of manifesting them into reality :)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Apr 21, 2018, 6:50:11 PM
"
1453R wrote:
I think racism actually exists.
"
1453R wrote:
This is the type of thing a crazy illiberal person might say.

These advantages are most certainly deniable, and there are employeers in the US for whom not being white, Christian or male are advantages and being all three is a decided disadvantage. The typical motivation used for their racism against whites, sexism against men and/or religious intolerance against Christians is precisely the belief you state here -- that since the majority of the US is "undeniably" misogynist, racist favoring whites, and intolerant of, say, Muslims, that these groups are deserving of racism benefiting them to balance the scales... although they're rarely willing to consciously label their own bias as racism.

Meanwhile, in other places in the US, there are people who are racist favoring whites, misogynistic, and intolerant of non-Christians. However, what narrative do most of these people use to justify their racism? According to them, people of Jewish ancestry have infiltrated key positions of power and instituted policies that favor Jews and women while discriminating against whites and Christians in order to oppress the goyim. To them, it is undeniable that being non-white, non-Christian, non-male and non-heterosexual are advantages once one steps outside of the safe space of their anti-Semitism.

Note that both flavors of racism use the other's existence as a recruiting tool. "Racism favoring white men is everwhere," says the preacher of racism against white men, and vice versa. Each would have you believe the other is secretly in control of everything, when the truth is that the vast majority of Americans aren't racist in either direction. While it's not true, it's understandable why so many don't believe institional racism exists in America; many don't experience it until they're older (kind of like the death of a loved one).

It's actually quite difficult to guage which flavor of racism is stronger and/or more pervasive than the other. I think it's fair to estimate that their are more people who are racist favoring whites, but they usually keep that bias hidden and thereby minimize its impact and don't recruit much; in contrast, anti-white racism has fewer adherents but they're vocal, unabashed, prominent in media, and more successful regarding actual government policy (e.g. affirmative action). I consider both about equally dangerous now, but two years ago the leftwing racists were definitely the more threatening in my estimation.
"
1453R wrote:
None of these people blame you for being white, Christian, or male.
Wrong. A small number do -- although we should take care not to exaggerate that number.

Hell, I'm openly biased against theists. I can disprove your statement with a George Carlin special.
"
1453R wrote:
Nobody's trying to steal your job. Nobody's trying to thoughtpolice you.
ROFL also wrong.
"
1453R wrote:
Some people - not all - indeed have this motivation. However, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and with politized issues like this a great many are spreading disinformation they believe in.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 21, 2018, 8:46:40 PM
"
1453R wrote:

I can't stop laughing every time I read this statement. This is what happens when you live in a bubble and invent your own reality. It's obvious that you don't fit that criteria, because you'd be singing a much different tune.

This is how 'privileged' your straight, white male person is:

If you meet the criteria of your ideologically 'privileged' stereotype, you can't speak openly about your political or religious views (online or otherwise) without fear of being blacklisted with potential employers.

In regards to employment? I don't know what sector you work in, but in Information Technology outsourced workers have replaced a great deal many of their domestic counterparts in the name of the almighty dollar. So much for that 'privilege'.

https://hackinglawpractice.com/2013-a-year-of-many-h1b-employment-abuses/
https://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/26/us/supreme-court-6-3-extends-preferences-in-employment-for-women-and-minorities.html

http://www.governing.com/columns/col-problem-with-preferential-bids.html

https://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10418/eeoc-says-its-legal-to-encourage-minorities-to-apply-but-dont-say-youre-seeking-them

Should we talk about social services or financial assistance next?...

Again, no facts, just feelings. You're living in a fantasy world and your talking points may as well be read from a leftist movie script.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 22, 2018, 1:28:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info