ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I agree that this dude is scum but you talk of morals but are fine turning away people at border. You are inconsistent. WWJD to people feeling poverty cartels gangs and other crap?

It is not what WOULD Jesus do, but a matter of what Jesus DID do. He didn't take from the people and redistribute their wealth with inefficiency. Had Jesus been what leftists think he was, he would have taken the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes and only 2 loaves and half a fish would have been left to feed the 5,000. Instead, Jesus had the disciples give of their own stock - the 2 fish and 5 loaves - and multiplied the fishes and loaves so that a small portion was turned into an excess.

"Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat to a deserted place by himself. But when the crowds heard it, they followed him on foot from the towns. When he went ashore, he saw a great crowd; and he had compassion for them and cured their sick. When it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a deserted place, and the hour is now late; send the crowds away so that they may go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” Jesus said to them, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.” They replied, “We have nothing here but five loaves and two fish.” And he said, “Bring them here to me.” Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven, and blessed and broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. And all ate and were filled; and they took up what was left over of the broken pieces, twelve baskets full. And those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children."

Matthew 14:13-21
Mark 6:31-44
Luke 9:12-17
John 6:1-14

Jesus told many parables advising people to make good use of the resources they had.

The parable of the three servants (Matthew 25:14-30 ) is usually a wake up call for people who think everything should just be given to them.

Jesus never advises people to cherish wealth, and the vast majority of those seeking to come to America are doing so as economic migration, not because of any real persecution.

In Mark 8: 34-36, Jesus once again admonishes against valuing earthly items:

"And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. “For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?"

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Not to mention we are a nation of immigrants. And before you say they were "legal" back in the day you showed up and signed your name and you were legal. We had open borders basically. You could also get up to a section of land free fresh off the boat.

This is true - the govt gave away land and had to encourage people to expand out into the frontier as settlers. That land has all been settled. The USA no longer has an excess of land that needs to be populated to prosper.

We do need a certain amount of steady population growth to continue with our current economic model. The specific increase depends on how the economy does. How many need to immigrate to fill that depends on internal population growth.

Saying the USA should let anyone and everyone in just because it feels good emotionally, is like saying your company should hire every single person in the world for the same reasons. Neither is feasible.

We've needed a realistic, concrete reform of immigration, with strict enforcement for a long time now. The lack of any attempt at all on the DACA deal Trump offered showed the democrats haven't the slightest interest in reforming anything. Why should they when they figure all the illegal people crossing the border represent a great voting block for them?

Why should the GOP care, when those illegal immigrants represent a glut of labor at less than market prices?

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jul 14, 2018, 9:44:02 PM
Immigration restrictions are an artificial market similar to tariffs or bank bailouts. You can't have a free market limiting immigration. It's protectionism. The vetting stuff I agree with but otherwise should be wide open then market truly prevails.

Good info on Jesus. Thanks.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2018, 10:11:34 PM
You know what else isn't free markets? Corporations. The entire point of corporations is to grant rights that individuals do not and cannot have, to a group. It's a purely collectivist concept.

Here's another thing that isn't free market: intellectual property rights. Someone invents something, which is great and all, but what is their reward from Big Government? A "temporary" legal monopoly over the industry they just created. You're competing with me? I'm calling the cops and you're going to jail.

Aim, government is a weapon. If your focus is always on a libertarian tear-down of government programs that hurt labor and favor business, then you're going to leave labor unarmed with a corporatist gun to its head. A proper scaledown of government would need to keep a balance, disarming both sides at roughly the same rate.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Agree with all that but piling more statist measures is not answer. This gov was founded to protect life, property and individual liberty. Basically it was centered around the individual not collective. We have excepted a slow erosion of all three. Corps hog the courts, own our congress and officers have immunity so long as they can claim ignorance of tort.

BTW we are a C corp and yes tax advantages, limited liability, expensing advantages make sole proprietors fools and LLC (sub chapter s) too IMO. You take what rules gov gives doesnt mean I like it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2018, 11:22:15 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You take what rules gov gives doesnt mean I like it.
And illegal immigration is supposed to be illegal. Same "principle" applies.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I never said law should not be enforced. Few pages ago I was mocking dems feigned/selective outrage at Trump actually enforcing border. I'm very law and order. Just sharing philosophical viewpoints is all. I believe in wide open borders and free trade unlike Trump who is cracking down on them.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2018, 11:57:10 PM
http://archive.is/wEY3n
"
Chuck Schumer says he’s going to fight Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court with “everything I’ve got.” To do so, he’ll need to get centrist Democrats to hold the line.

The minority leader’s problem? Those Democrats say he can’t tell them what to do.

“I’ll be 71 years old in August, you’re going to whip me? Kiss my you know what,” said Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) when asked if Schumer can influence his vote.
wtf I love West Virginia now

Look how close he is to Thomas... Stop it, Planned Parenthood, you're turning me on.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 15, 2018, 12:04:30 AM
In lighter news

Trump wants to redesign AF1 from boring Kennedy's design

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-repainting-air-force-one-to-look-more-american-report-says-2018-7

Git R Dun!
The loose change in my cup holder says the first thing the very next (D) to run the office does is to change it again. Takers? I’d be happy to lose that bet.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Deep State and media seem pretty up in arms about Trump doubting our intelligence agencies- how soon they forget all the failures to prevent 911 and intelligence failures leading to invasion of Iraq.

I still have seen zero evidence Russia hacked let alone Trump had anything to do with it. Accusations are not evidence especially from unreliable US intel agencies.

Thats not to say Russia didnt hack - I expect them to, like we do, I just never seen evidence.

Anyway at the end of the day this Red baiting is just like McCarthyism weaponized to bash liberal dems at the time, today American first republicans are the target to kill off populism left or right.

Like this whole Crimea thing is a joke. So many nation have taken over territory since WW2 and UN said you are not allowed to by force anymore. Like Turkey took half Cyprus. Israel taking Golan.. There are dozens more. But it's all Russia Crimea all the time and not a peep about those and certainly no sanctions for them. I look at the Red baiting as serving two purposes. 1. keeps a formidable enemy alive to distract from populism 2. is very profitable for deep state (MIC, intel agencies, think tanks, acedemic grants, basically people who swim in pools of tax payer money because of perceived threat)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 16, 2018, 3:15:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info