Investing in Bitcoin

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Travelling to the past would make you richer regarding bitcoin.

Not now.

Damn. You're right! but we cannot mess with the time line Barry. Too bad :( , anyway juts checked and BTC is going down now. Is this the start of its crash?
"
HollandRoden wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Not now.

Damn. You're right! but we cannot mess with the time line Barry. Too bad :( , anyway juts checked and BTC is going down now. Is this the start of its crash?

Not really. Well, maybe. Coinbase just released Bitcoin Cash, which pulled a lot of capital out of Bitcoin.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
HollandRoden wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Not now.

Not really. Well, maybe. Coinbase just released Bitcoin Cash, which pulled a lot of capital out of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin Cash is a joke.

Invest in a 3rd gen crypto because they don't rely on slow transactions that bitcoin is tied to and bitcoin cash is trying to "fix" that by using some expensive as fuck fees.

Spoiler
ADA,IOTA or NEO
https://cointelegraph.com/news/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-your-parents

Wow, best info I've ever read on crypto's, sign me up ... I'm in :D

I invested into bitcoin really early. You guys wouldn't believe how rich I am if I actually cashed out on these bitcoins. But currently, I don't see any advantages to it, because it's an untraceable resource in which I'd have to report to 'somebody' if I actually converted into another form of currency. And it would no doubt raise some eyebrows with the authorities if somebody like me was to suddenly become rich overnight.

I could go out tomorrow and buy a brand new Corvette, and a $500,000 house, if I wanted to. And retire (early) on the rest of what I have. I occasionally use bitcoins for smaller purchases online, like computer parts. But I kinda gotta watch how much I spend as to not attract unwanted attention. It's kinda ironic sitting on this much wealth, and still having to live (sorta) like a pauper. There are days where I'm literally 1 click away from going on a massive spending spree, and I have to drop what I'm doing, walk over and beat my head on a door jam to remind myself how stupid that would be. Through a series of repeated impacts of my skull onto a door jam, I've trained myself to be conservative with what I got and to not consider it pure assets that I can spend on a whim.

I've never been successful in the workplace. I can't keep a job. I'm far too offensive, critical, cynnical. I never saw the advantage of scrambling for the scraps at the bottom of the barrel in a cutthroat economy. But I made one smart decision, bitcoins. I didn't work for a dime of it.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 20, 2017, 3:57:02 PM
"
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Bitcoin Cash is a joke.

Invest in a 3rd gen crypto because they don't rely on slow transactions that bitcoin is tied to and bitcoin cash is trying to "fix" that by using some expensive as fuck fees.

Spoiler
ADA,IOTA or NEO

Sure. Yet BCH claimed a $65b market cap in its opening day.

I’m not into the crypto market, a buddy of mine is, so I only have a second hand source that the reason for this is because BCH is cheaper to exchange, not more expensive.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I invested into bitcoin really early. You guys wouldn't believe how rich I am if I actually cashed out on these bitcoins. But currently, I don't see any advantages to it, because it's an untraceable resource in which I'd have to report to 'somebody' if I actually converted into another form of currency. And it would no doubt raise some eyebrows with the authorities if somebody like me was to suddenly become rich overnight.

I could go out tomorrow and buy a brand new Corvette, and a $500,000 house, if I wanted to. And retire (early) on the rest of what I have. I occasionally use bitcoins for smaller purchases online, like computer parts. But I kinda gotta watch how much I spend as to not attract unwanted attention. It's kinda ironic sitting on this much wealth, and still having to live (sorta) like a pauper. There are days where I'm literally 1 click away from going on a massive spending spree, and I have to drop what I'm doing, walk over and beat my head on a door jam to remind myself how stupid that would be. Through a series of repeated impacts of my skull onto a door jam, I've trained myself to be conservative with what I got and to not consider it pure assets that I can spend on a whim.

I've never been successful in the workplace. I can't keep a job. I'm far too offensive, critical, cynnical. I never saw the advantage of scrambling for the scraps at the bottom of the barrel in a cutthroat economy. But I made one smart decision, bitcoins. I didn't work for a dime of it.

If you just intend to leave your investment sit there, dont. Move it to an index or something super stable. If you’ve already gained a substantial amount of capital, why risk it in a market whose efficacy is tied to technology—the crypto market isn’t going anywhere, but BTC could be one innovation away from popping, and then you’re poor again.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 20, 2017, 4:49:43 PM
imo

cryptocurrency is a great speculation venture

but it's a terrible investment venture

literally every one of my financial wall-street friends (investment bankers, advisers, traders) who deal with hard investments dont fuck with cryptocurrency because of sheer volatility. the resources backing cryptocurrency are rather abstract even though computing power is not.

anyway, I would advise if you have a lot of value in cryptocurrency to cash out at least some amount. you might feel very bad when/if it crashes and you couldve cashed out before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info