Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Level 9.02 dropped the boss and sword which is about par for the course given my RNG for Path of Exile.

It's a grind for sure, probably 6 or 7 hours between 2 farmers. Got a third into the mix when I started strictly bossing to manage resets.

Levels 1-7 is a breeze, after that it's a slog. Full clears at level 8 are %1.

Boss is tough, but stay in tight. His slams spawn higher level zombies and get between you and Hillock. He slams when you're kiting. Died once getting trapped by them and him.

Thanks again for the help, exiles! I'll probably slow play the other 2 to sell so at least 1 or 2 or others won't have to slowly lose their minds too ;)
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Aren't the Rebirth cards sort of rare? They're a lot rarer than I wanted them to be, but I guess when you have a million monkeys banging away at typewriters, to paraphrase the old adage...

It's true that GGG is always looking at the total picture on the statistical numbers and sets the divi-card drop rates according to the drop rates across millions of players. Makes any individual player's success at getting a full set of the rarer cards super low.

You are thinking of the Infinite monkey theorem. To extend this to PoE would be if I play PoE infinitely I should expect to get every unique to drop... which is impossible.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
What level does it start dropping?
"
megtron wrote:

If you don't want to grind Twilight Strand, there is also a Divination Card.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
megtron wrote:

If you don't want to grind Twilight Strand, there is also a Divination Card.

Wrong, it drops below.

Funny shit, I farmed it today because I'm bored and I don't like Betrayal. I got insane luck, it dropped after only 5h40 of grind at lvl 5. I cleared the strand up to level 4. Ran straight to Hillock from lvl5. Last time in Incursion, took me 15h.

Wow! My best/earliest uber Hillock was at level 6.7 so getting uber Hillock at level 5 something is incredibly rare. On 14 Oni swords I've farmed to date I am averaging level 7.2x for the first uber Hillock.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Wow! My best/earliest uber Hillock was at level 6.7 so getting uber Hillock at level 5 something is incredibly rare. On 14 Oni swords I've farmed to date I am averaging level 7.2x for the first uber Hillock.

Yeah, pretty sick considering I got the max roll too ! ;)
So 16 hours in with 4 chars and no uber hillock in sight... :(

Hopefully better luck tomorrow.

€: So this day was better i guess:

Last edited by Clusiot on Jan 2, 2019, 6:01:34 AM
"
Airugarion wrote:
Oh yeah I almost got him down. I am a loser and did all of this with marauders so its my fault to be fair. To many zombies, I actually had him like two hits away from death before I managed to get disconnected from the instance and it reset, so my hopes and dreams are gone on that one. Gonna need to keep going if I want it.

The zombies were the hardest part of that to be honest. If you are playing something that doesn't get an AoE gem at start it makes it a pain in the butt. Since Marauder gets heavy strike I had to use that.

If I wasn't being stubborn and wanting to do shit my own way. I would have done the scion method. Which would have made it cake walk. To each his own.

Edit:

I should also add hitting him with Heavy Strike with the amount of zombies he had out, was also a crazy ordeal because of how hard he is to target.

Edit 2: Don't forget to eat while doing this. I am a hungry boy now.

Need to roll new char. This one already had UH spawned so it wont be spawn again.

Also that is why Scion is best for farming it. Spectral Throw do the trick.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

As i recall there was someone in this thread reporting to find UH on lvl 5 but he wasnt able to kill it.

About cards - in front of my IMagination Eye i see how one character is going throught Wreaclast and searching for those damned cards. In some tawern he meets someone who is showing him another one. Great scene for movie i guess :)
"
de99ial wrote:

Need to roll new char. This one already had UH spawned so it wont be spawn again.

Also that is why Scion is best for farming it. Spectral Throw do the trick.

I am well aware of that now. HAHA! I still can't believe the amount of zombies I managed to spawn. I have another three or so characters that I can farm it out on, just need to sit down and give it the time. They are all marauders too. As Charan kindly pointed out, there is a trick that can be done to melee him to death. Since the other characters I have already have better gear and flasks we are going to try and down him that way.

At this point its more of a personal challenge. I gotta get some pay back on UH. I will club him to death if I have too.

EDIT:

Also DAMN talk about a lucky drop. Its insane someone had it drop at that low a level. R I P Mirror RNG
Last edited by Airugarion on Jan 2, 2019, 6:30:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info