Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

got it :)

I was running 3 characters, I have 3.5 hours play time on each character, and they are all around level 8.3.

I actually enjoyed this grind quite a lot, especially the first 7 levels. It almost felt like closed beta PoE. I really really liked that.

It got a bit awkward towards the end as I was very well geared and 1-shotting everything, killing hillock in one second, sometimes the area didnt have time to reset so I had to take things a little bit slower.

Overall, that was quite a positive experience and I would definitely consider doing it again in the future.
Last edited by golan4840 on Jan 24, 2019, 1:28:45 PM
hahaha You won't believe what just happened! I was going to make my last Twilight strand run with my other 2 characters and enter Lioneye's watch.
First run I do, and there he is again!

I think I will keep my third character at Twilight strand for now^^
Last edited by golan4840 on Jan 24, 2019, 1:51:03 PM
reddit rly doesn't like your sword waifu :x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
reddit rly doesn't like your sword waifu :x

That just clearly reflects what the Hive mind doesn't know.
Oh and gratz on 40/40 ;)
Still play SSF on my main account :)
Last edited by BasilWood on Jan 24, 2019, 7:27:19 PM
https://imgur.com/a/nnlEJAK

Probably the highest movement speed you can have in Twilight Strand?
pretty burnt out this league now
probably going to try and farm one up. xbox by the way. see you in hours
https://twitter.com/pvnktrashzak/status/1094866240441671681
"
golan4840 wrote:

got it :)

Spoiler

I was running 3 characters, I have 3.5 hours play time on each character, and they are all around level 8.3.

I actually enjoyed this grind quite a lot, especially the first 7 levels. It almost felt like closed beta PoE. I really really liked that.

It got a bit awkward towards the end as I was very well geared and 1-shotting everything, killing hillock in one second, sometimes the area didnt have time to reset so I had to take things a little bit slower.

Overall, that was quite a positive experience and I would definitely consider doing it again in the future.

Excellent with 89% crit!!!

That's what I've been alluding too for awhile now is that if you can get into the correct mindset for beach running (I like to pound sand with an alcoholic beverage in hand) then the time spent on the TSB can be very soothing. There is no playing stress assiociated with any of the usual PoE game mechanics, no Syndicate one-shot deaths, no delving problems of finding sulphite, no Alva temple racing skills required, and never any need to be twitch reacting or die to any boss. Just the sounds of the waves lapping on the shore and the moans of the zombies. The Sand Spitters I can do without but they are a simple one hit and dead so no worries from any chance of dieing. After all the horrors we've seen in all other parts of Wraeclast and Oriath the simple methodical beach running and repeating across a 3 or 4 exile rotation can be (is for me) nice and satisfying (because of no stress here). Even when UH does finally come out to play he is much easier to kill knowing that if you face tank him he won't leap slam (until the very last % of his life) and thus we don't have to worry about mob deaths from 100s of his minions. I wish I had noticed that myself much sooner that if I face tank him (dodging skills are vital here) he won't leap slam and thus no horde of zombie minions to deal with. It was Charan replying to another post where he commented that if you can face tank UH he won't leap slam (no leap slam nothing awakened).

Spoiler

If only I had known sooner:

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
llivingace wrote:
pretty burnt out this league now
probably going to try and farm one up. xbox by the way. see you in hours

Have fun at the beach (just wish it wasn't raining so much). Please let us know how it goes using a game controller instead of the keyboard/mouse to kill UH.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 26, 2019, 10:27:59 AM
"
golan4840 wrote:
hahaha You won't believe what just happened! I was going to make my last Twilight strand run with my other 2 characters and enter Lioneye's watch.
First run I do, and there he is again!

I think I will keep my third character at Twilight strand for now^^

In Delve expansion on a 3 Oni farmer rotation I had one left after the league ended way into level 8 so even though I don't need another Oni in Standard softcore I decided to keep that exile on the TSB. I played it intermittently between other builds until I finally got UH to come out and play. I posted about it back on page 96. I'm sure 99.9% of players would call me 100% crazy to do this but PoE isn't about doing what others think is right but playing PoE in the way that is the most "fun to play" for ourselves. To each their own "Goldilocks" way of playing PoE. Diversity in PoE is the best of any arpg I've played and that's most of them going back to D1.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 26, 2019, 2:01:29 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I dunno, I wince every time she says 'everything BURNS!' because SHOUTING IS NOT ACTING. It was meant to be a mimic of the Witch's more sinister, softer 'everthing dies' but oh well.

I've been playing with Her on Betrayal in a very limited sense: no fire damage at all, just to see how She functions on a leash. The on-kill-rare quotes are easily my least favourite, and sadly we hear those the most.

...and? How does she function on a leash?

I feel the same way about her on-kill quotes. I too wince (internally) every time. Though I love the idea of a talking weapon, they will almost certainly keep me from continuing to play with the sword once she completes the campaign and hits maps. But I want to experience at least one playthrough of the game with her.

(To be fair, I hate a number of GGG's chosen VA's, including the Scion's, so this may just be a product of my pickiness. I haven't received enough training to be a good actor, but I have had enough to recognize good and bad acting, and most of the time I think it's more of a curse than a blessing.)

Incidentally, is UH locked out of reappearing once you have the sword? Can you farm more than one with the same character?
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info