[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

"
battlefrog95 wrote:
Hey,

have you thought about using a Shaper Ring with assasins mark on hit.
That would allow us to take Malediction as our last ascendancy, while still maintaining
Power charge generation, aswell as gaining a 10% total dmg Multiplier aswell as 10% less dmg taken and a whole bunch of added chaos dmg.

I was thinking about it as well but didn't eventually include it since those are quite expensive, especially if you want any decent amount of resistances.

It is more then viable option for those who want to spend more currency building around such a ring, but the current starting point of 1-2ex for just a plain ring with Assassin's Mark and 50+ total res is too much to include in the build just yet, since dropping all the good damage mods on a regular rare ring might not actually be worth it.

If you have a big enough budget, that you can buy a ring with both resistances, curse AND damage mods/high ES, then sure, go for it, as this will probably be the best possible option. At this point in the league, a ring like that with any beneficial mods will be 5-35ex on its own: http://poe.trade/search/eyokanasetoroh
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Mar 20, 2018, 3:39:17 PM
Hey

Thanks for you reply.. Yes, i usually switch the bisco and headhunter for a dps/es amulet and stygian vise. I also changed the incandescent heart for a beast fur shawl with (i think) legacy ES rolls (549); i lost about 60k dps, but gained almost 1k es. I'm looking to buy, as you said, a pair of shaper's touch with ele weakness, but no luck yet.

I'm thinking that my next upgrade should be a high es body armour with the crit mod.
Last edited by Erethyl on Mar 20, 2018, 4:25:21 PM
terrible for early levels or beginners.. especially if they are using a Tabula Rasa.
taking into account all the videos are pretty much shown with fully GCP'd gems any damage prior to that is peanuts.. you would be better off playing a different build and having less headaches from a new player standpoint of view and starting from scratch.

build is extremely mana hungry, little to no stun recovery. early on.. if you get charged by mobs, you're literally running for your life because you have no burst damage. i literally wanted to kill myself playing this build.
"
acidfrost2013 wrote:
terrible for early levels or beginners.. especially if they are using a Tabula Rasa.
taking into account all the videos are pretty much shown with fully GCP'd gems any damage prior to that is peanuts.. you would be better off playing a different build and having less headaches from a new player standpoint of view and starting from scratch.

build is extremely mana hungry, little to no stun recovery. early on.. if you get charged by mobs, you're literally running for your life because you have no burst damage. i literally wanted to kill myself playing this build.

Yeah leveling with this build is rough, just got to maps and getting some of the key items and build is really starting to pick up though. But yeah you are horribly squishy until you get the 2 ascendancy points and also do really low damage while leveling
Hey what is the priority on mods for the wand?
"
That's actually not true at all. First 2 videos (Racecourse and Carcass) are with 19/0 gems, no quality, no Uber Lab and only a 5L. I honestly don't remember what gem levels I had in the Minotaur video which I recorded 2 days later, I think the gems where level 18/20 or so. You have to account for the speed you are going to be mapping with this build, all things considered, gem levels are going to come naturally since you are going to clear maps quite fast.

I do not advertise this build as an efficient and super cheap bosskiller - Wanders usually do need some investment to reliably do T16 maps deathless. You aren't going to do that comfortably on a 1-2ex budget.
However, this build can quickly make the currency by just quickly running regular T11-15 maps, and with that currency, you can invest more into the build so you can farm higher content more reliably. For me, this has been the best leaguestarter so far in terms of currency making. Unfortunately, this is the most boring league I've played yet and after killing all Guardians + Shaper + 3 Spirit Beasts that I found, I'm already bored and barely played this week.

With that being said, I do accept the critique about leveling process and I will try to update/revise it over the weekend when I have more time, since issues you are talking about (mana sustain, dps, tankiness) can be fixed but absolutely can be a problem if not dealt with properly. For example, contrary to what we are used to, Tabula is a terrible armour to level with since more links - more mana drain, and you do want to have ES on your body to make the most out of the Wicked Ward.
Switching into CI can also be problematic if you've never done it back in pre 3.0 days when it was a norm and everyone knew how to do it painlessly.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with leveling this build.

"
Hey what is the priority on mods for the wand?
Critical Strike chance, Attack speed.

After that, I think this is what you should look for, from best to least beneficial mods (might differ slightly based on your gear):
- Flat damage (Lightning strongly preferred, other is just a bonus), especially if you don't use many Abyss jewels.
- Spell damage can roll the highest (79% T1) along with increased Lightning (79% T1), while Elemental Damage to Attacks offers the lowest max roll (42% T1), but point for point they are almost equal, so just go for the one that has the highest combination of these mods.
- Critical Strike Multiplier is also great, and 30% Crit Multi will beat 30% Spell damage or Elemental etc. point for point. At the same time, 30% Crit Multi will be a lower dps boost then 50% Spell damage.
- Accuracy is also nice but it's the smallest dps difference and can be ignored, unless its something stupid like 300+ accuracy.

Other useful, but very rare/expensive mods, are:
- Adds 1-5/6 Lightning damage per 10 Intelligence (Shaped), better then highest tier flat Lightning.
- Extra Elemental damage as Chaos (Shaped), T1 is slightly better then T1 Spell damage.
- Damage penetrates % of Elemental resistance (Shaped), weakest of mods but still better then T1 Elemental damage to attacks.

Keep in mind that high flat Lightning damage roll on a wand will be a lot more expensive, so instead of a wand that has for example, 6-160 lightning and 30% Elemental damage to attacks, you can get a wand with high spell damage since for everyone else its a wasted mod. Difference is massive, when T1 Lightning wand with crit/attack speed/crit multi goes for multiple exalts, meanwhile, you can get a 10-20c wand with high spell damage, crit and attack speed, bench craft flat lightning on it and it will give you same dps increase for fraction of the cost.
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Last edited by Bristoling on Mar 21, 2018, 6:53:15 PM
Any suggestions for mana issues?

I have extremely low mana b/c of the two auras..

I have to sit around and wait for mana to regen to attack and it's quite awful.

Any recommendations?
"
etnies445 wrote:
Any suggestions for mana issues?

I have extremely low mana b/c of the two auras..

I have to sit around and wait for mana to regen to attack and it's quite awful.

Any recommendations?
If you are still leveling, it might be a good idea not to use Discipline right off the bat, just level it in your spare socket and use Wrath aura only. When I was leveling, I also always made sure to have the highest tier mana flask I could carry.
If you don't mind spending some currency for leveling gear, then Thief's Torment will solve all your mana issues in an instant.
I hope this helps :>
My build guides:

Updated leveling section, with some gear fixes for most common problems.
My build guides:

”here was a stupid question..”
Last edited by muramiri on Mar 24, 2018, 12:24:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info