Elemental Hit

"
ACGIFT wrote:

Buff the bonus "damage per elemental ailment on the enemy," perhaps to 20%. This would dramatically help tri-element builds be competitive, especially since Avatar of Fire builds would miss out on this entirely. Again, remember that non-AoF Ele Hit builds are REALLY weak; abusing Elemental Equilibrium doesn't help at all!

That would be a free 60%more for my build (Chieftain EH RAT for the lulz build) which at free 30% already melted most high end content(again , a build for the lulz) with just a Frostferno+Yoke of suffering on Incursion(as in no 6l required).
EH was op , fun but op... but fun.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
I have a problem with Ele hit when used as melee skill. I am using Brighbeak and it used to work very well with the great base attack speed, overlapping AoE through melee splash, Ancestral Call and Multistrike.

I am not sure if it is a bug or a problem with the new animation cancelling, but it seems like

1. weapon attack speed is ignore by the weapon when used melee
2. multistrike reworked is complete BS with auto-cancelling itself while holding the skill down
3. there's something wrong with ancestral call

My leveling links are

Pulverise + Melee Splash + Ancestra Recall + Increased AoE + Multistrike

Dmg eliminated towards Fire only

It used to work very well when ancestral call, overlapping AoE cascaded through the whole pack, but now it is like no AoE exists despite the animation of AOE explosion being huge.

Bug or not?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Is ele hit still bugged? Like 1st shot always miss when i have 95% accuracy?
Or im just blind and cant notice dmg?
"missing" might explain my behavior as well - it seems like every other hit misses. Usually the ancestral call ensured that anything in the viable range (especially considering old multistrike target seeking) that it hits the mob.
Now it doesn't.

Bug or feature of new combat?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Hello GGG support,

I would like to suggest making Elemental Hit gem to be available at vendor for the Witch at level 12.

The main argument here is that a Witch can become an Elementalist, Elemental Hit has a perfect design for this type of Ascendancy so it makes sense to give it available to the Witch at level 12.

You could tell me that the witch is more on the spell and minion side of the tree so she deserves more gems in adequation to these types of skills, but in the Elemantalist Ascendancy we have explicit buff to attack and cast speed so that means that attack skills are most likely to be used with Elementalist.

So a Pure elemental attack skill like EH would be very welcome for the Witch.

Thank you in advance !

Regards.
Barrage Support and Ele Hit
Is it intentional to have it shoot all projectiles of the same element?

Would be nice to have a Threshold Jewel "Combat mess" to do all elements in a single barrage. Would be interesting for Ancestral call when every hit does different element :D

But it is mostly to give some projectile EH way to abuse Barrage support and Elemental Equilibrium.

3.13 was the golden age.
Hi,

I have noticed that elemental hit is the only gem that doesn't work with Shaper of Flames. By doesn't work I mean that if it doesn't roll fire it actually won't ignite the target. Is this intentional?

For example Wild Strike doesn't have this interaction and will ignite on any rolled element.
I'm having the same issue. I first noticed it with StormFire Opal Ring. Respect full respected to Elementalist for Shaper of Flame with still no ignites.

I've done some further testing the ignite debuff isn't even applied. It would be one thing if the ignite was applied and did no damage because of the "Deals no Damage of other Damage types" On the gem. But no Ignite is applied.

Meaning you can't even get the extra added lightning from StormFire. Or if you wanted to use Immolate support with a two type elemental setup. You'd have to wait a full rotation between say Lightning-Fire-Lightning-Fire before you'd get the added flat damage from Immolate support; Instead of just Lightning-Fire.

You are however able to apply chill and shock with the apposing damage types.
"
Taid wrote:
Hi,

I have noticed that elemental hit is the only gem that doesn't work with Shaper of Flames. By doesn't work I mean that if it doesn't roll fire it actually won't ignite the target. Is this intentional?

For example Wild Strike doesn't have this interaction and will ignite on any rolled element.

I went even further with the testing on this. It's consistent across all "Deal no Damage" that would include Fire. You can't Ignite with Brutality Support + Shaper of Flames.

My assumption is that you can't Ignite with the Starforge sword unless you took the new BlackFlame ring that deals ignites as chaos damage.
(That should be tested.) -edit, I got myself blackflame and starforge you cannot ignite with and deal damage as chaos.
I would further assume that you can't bleed with Voidforge or Oro's Sacrifice even if You found a way to make elemental damage bleed. Or apply poison stacks with Voidforge because it says "Deal no non-elemental damage".

I wish this was alittle more clear my assumption would be ignite is separate from the skill gem as it's a mechanic on its own. The thing that grinds my gears the most is you can't apply an ignite that deals 0 damage. Meaning if you wanted to boost your damage with "10% More Damage per Elemental ailment on the enemy" you'd be forced to go fire because its the only hit that can apply all elemental ailments.
Last edited by Kappa_Murkey on Feb 17, 2021, 1:14:17 PM
was false info by me
Last edited by cocakos on Aug 2, 2021, 11:21:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info