[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

zombies are just too slow, im just constantly waiting for them to attack or do something. Maybe if GGG would make zombies aggressive it would be fun.
hey man thanks for the build leveling atm and its a breeze using zombies/srs and just shreking the content thus far. just curious about the bandit choices would it be better to go kill all than alira? thanks in advance
"
R1N1X wrote:
hey man thanks for the build leveling atm and its a breeze using zombies/srs and just shreking the content thus far. just curious about the bandit choices would it be better to go kill all than alira? thanks in advance

For pure damage, yes. However, I find that the resistances allow for much easier gearing, especially at the beginnings of leagues. I had the build running T7-T10 maps (and would have gone higher, if I'd had the map pool) in 20-ish chaos of gear.

And to be entirely honest, I'd likely only end up spending the 2 points I got from "kill all" on another 20 strength, 10% life, or maybe 0.6% life regen. I'm probably gonna be able to get more than any of those options out of gear with looser resistance restrictions. So for the foreseeable future, I'm gonna be running Alira. But if you think it's worth it, try it out, and report back! I'm still super stoked about finding out more ways to get more utility out of the build.
Last edited by Orangeuglad on Jun 18, 2018, 3:33:20 AM
"
slimmdimm wrote:
zombies are just too slow, im just constantly waiting for them to attack or do something. Maybe if GGG would make zombies aggressive it would be fun.

I'm really sorry you've had that experience. Can you tell me if it was this build, or another build?
What level did you make it to?
Because once you get to 50 or so, the build really takes off. Until then, I'd level as arc or arc totems. The shield really gives you a TON of speed. 15% movespeed, 45% attack speed on all the minions, zombies included.
The build also gets a really nice speed boost right around Uber labrynth, when you get to plop down the 3 skeletons instead of 1. You throw down one group of 3 per mob pack, and walk past, in my experience, the packs die before I make it to the next pack and repeat the process.

You can also drop a link and get minion speed in the zombies, or you can put a CWDT+desecrate+convocation link, so that you summon all your zombies whenever you take damage.
Essence crafting minion movement speed on your jewelry also gives them a massive boost.

As for the aggressiveness, if you use a spell/attack, the zombies will swarm in that direction.
Shield charge/ summmon skeletons works really well this way. So you'd throw down 3 skeletons, and all your zombies refocus on the area you summoned the skellies in.

I'm of the opinion that you either misunderstood the build, or just didn't give it enough of a chance.

But, I totally understand that this build (or any build for that matter) isn't for everyone. Hope you find builds you DO enjoy playing out there, exile!
Man, your build looks awesome. I'm midway in an Elementalist Arc setup but I'm really tempted to drop everything and raise me some zombie love.
"

I'm really sorry you've had that experience. Can you tell me if it was this build, or another build?
What level did you make it to?
Because once you get to 50 or so, the build really takes off. Until then, I'd level as arc or arc totems. The shield really gives you a TON of speed. 15% movespeed, 45% attack speed on all the minions, zombies included.
The build also gets a really nice speed boost right around Uber labrynth, when you get to plop down the 3 skeletons instead of 1. You throw down one group of 3 per mob pack, and walk past, in my experience, the packs die before I make it to the next pack and repeat the process.

You can also drop a link and get minion speed in the zombies, or you can put a CWDT+desecrate+convocation link, so that you summon all your zombies whenever you take damage.
Essence crafting minion movement speed on your jewelry also gives them a massive boost.

As for the aggressiveness, if you use a spell/attack, the zombies will swarm in that direction.
Shield charge/ summmon skeletons works really well this way. So you'd throw down 3 skeletons, and all your zombies refocus on the area you summoned the skellies in.

I'm of the opinion that you either misunderstood the build, or just didn't give it enough of a chance.

But, I totally understand that this build (or any build for that matter) isn't for everyone. Hope you find builds you DO enjoy playing out there, exile!

Hey OP, love the build, love the guide thanks! BUT, slimmdimm is right. Without some zombie movespeed, all that dps is kinda wasted. If you get rid of some strength jewels, and do anything you can to get movespeed on jewels, or crafted onto items, I think you'll really notice the difference. Apparitions unique jewel is a nice cheap way to get the movespeed, and keep the zombies alive.
Hey, thank you for the build, I swapped over from the another skele build after poofing my 6L queen's decree. :(
I'm still re-leveling gems, but damage is crazy already.
Having fun so far, but couple questions:

1.) Why do you use a totem to cast Enfeeble? Nothing lives long enough to need to recast it, is it just to sit in the corner and assist with bosses?

2.)Why the empty slot in gloves? Nothing needed there or mistake?

3.)You have Clarity, Hatred, and Purity of Elements. I do not have enough mana to run all three (at least until I can get a level 2 Enlightened Support)
Is Clarity for me or the minions? Do zombies need it to keep up with slamming? If so I should run it over Hatred.

4.)Also, where would you fit in: CWDT+desecrate+convocation? In boots, and swap out Spell Cascade and Spell Totem Support?

Thank you, I am enjoying blowing thru maps tho at 1117 strength, I should get to around 1200 from what I have left to level, if not I'll change up belt/rings, but 1200 is the goal. Then I'll focus on life, since I'm not sure you can get to 1500 without being crazy expensive or sacrificing too much.
Last edited by aucran on Jun 18, 2018, 12:26:49 PM
"
aucran wrote:
Hey, thank you for the build, I swapped over from the another skele build after poofing my 6L queen's decree. :(
I'm still re-leveling gems, but damage is crazy already.
Having fun so far, but couple questions:

1.) Why do you use a totem to cast Enfeeble? Nothing lives long enough to need to recast it, is it just to sit in the corner and assist with bosses?

2.)Why the empty slot in gloves? Nothing needed there or mistake?

3.)You have Clarity, Hatred, and Purity of Elements. I do not have enough mana to run all three (at least until I can get a level 2 Enlightened Support)
Is Clarity for me or the minions? Do zombies need it to keep up with slamming? If so I should run it over Hatred.

4.)Also, where would you fit in: CWDT+desecrate+convocation? In boots, and swap out Spell Cascade and Spell Totem Support?

Thank you, I am enjoying blowing thru maps tho at 1117 strength, I should get to around 1200 from what I have left to level, if not I'll change up belt/rings, but 1200 is the goal. Then I'll focus on life, since I'm not sure you can get to 1500 without being crazy expensive or sacrificing too much.

1. The totem is there for bosses mainly. If you'd prefer you can run a Shield Charge+Curse on Hit+ Fortify setup in a 4l to pull it off.

2. Mistake of the link if I am not mistaken.

3. The Clarity needs to be level 1, it is only there because of the Commander of Darkness ascendancy which gives you and minions 3% attack/cast speed for each aura you put on.

4. If you wanted to do a cast when damage taken for those you'd want them in either your 3l weapons or a 4l, with the 4th link being Stone Golem or another spell that requires higher level than the CWDT.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:

Hey OP, love the build, love the guide thanks! BUT, slimmdimm is right. Without some zombie movespeed, all that dps is kinda wasted. If you get rid of some strength jewels, and do anything you can to get movespeed on jewels, or crafted onto items, I think you'll really notice the difference. Apparitions unique jewel is a nice cheap way to get the movespeed, and keep the zombies alive.

You're not wrong, but you're approaching it in the wrong way. The correct way to get them movement speed is to essence craft your rings to give 30% minion movespeed each. It is more than possible to get everything you need on your rings with an additional 60% minion movespeed. Other routes will usually run into the problem of bumping the zombies attack speed too high.

If zombies attack speed gets too high they will start to do 3x normal attacks after their 3x slams. Their normal attack can miss and locks them into attack almost as long as slams so it drops their dps by 25% or more.

Replacing any of your jewels in your tree will also cost you a full zombie as the build is tailored right now to just reach 1500 strength.
I wanted to give an update on my situation. I am SSFHC and still do not have a Baron, however the damage and speed is insane. I also do not have a Victario's Charity, so I am excited for the damage when I do get it. Currently, I am lvl 59 with zombies and skeles doing great. The zombies' AI is a little dumb sometimes as they just run past mobs, but usually I just shield charge in and use convocation and everything is dead.

I have a quick question. On PoB, it shows you are using vaal haste, and on your guide it says hatred. I am using haste right now just because my minions seems pretty slow, but should I change over to hatred?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info