Anger

I guess this gem has been forgotten about. I'm making an attack based fire build and was looking at this. The aura needs a little buff. Guess I'll just go with pyre+hatred combo.
Does this give 'Wither' Fire damage?
"
Noobiyus wrote:
Does this give 'Wither' Fire damage?

Damage over Time cannot benefit from flat Damage bonuses, so no.
Charged Dash confusion!

I tried a lot of searches (via search engines) and could not find a single thread, where following is answered:

Uses Charged Dash both weapons at the same time!? If so, there is no malus same as Cleave contains.
I got partially 2 split dmg numbers when I use 2 1handers but some of the nombers are at both columns.
If it Really alternates the weapons, why would anyone ever use dualwielding? The 15% Block and little bit more attackspeed can simply not justify the dmg loss per impact.

Also, the attackspeed scales really bad with the number of impacts. It should get tweaked or the movement penalty lowered. As for Singletarget in bossfights, the gem feels pretty mediocree + you have to stand still and channel (stuns/heavy blows exposure etc.) If you just do small tabs (1 impact charge) the dmg is only tickling.

GGG or any VP, please explain me what I am not seeing here. I planned on Dual Wielding, but when I change to 2 H and see the impact dmg is so much higher... I will reroll, I wanted to play Dualwield, but not accepting to gimp myself.
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Charged Dash confusion!

I tried a lot of searches (via search engines) and could not find a single thread, where following is answered:

Uses Charged Dash both weapons at the same time!? If so, there is no malus same as Cleave contains.
I got partially 2 split dmg numbers when I use 2 1handers but some of the nombers are at both columns.
If it Really alternates the weapons, why would anyone ever use dualwielding? The 15% Block and little bit more attackspeed can simply not justify the dmg loss per impact.

Also, the attackspeed scales really bad with the number of impacts. It should get tweaked or the movement penalty lowered. As for Singletarget in bossfights, the gem feels pretty mediocree + you have to stand still and channel (stuns/heavy blows exposure etc.) If you just do small tabs (1 impact charge) the dmg is only tickling.

GGG or any VP, please explain me what I am not seeing here. I planned on Dual Wielding, but when I change to 2 H and see the impact dmg is so much higher... I will reroll, I wanted to play Dualwield, but not accepting to gimp myself.

dude, this is feedback for anger gem thread.. i think this kind of stuff should be posted on charged dash feedback
"
maLcious wrote:
I guess this gem has been forgotten about. I'm making an attack based fire build and was looking at this. The aura needs a little buff. Guess I'll just go with pyre+hatred combo.

I agree,it not worth the 50 % mana reservation.

Even herald of ash do more than this.
It would be nice to have the added damage to spells removed, so far it's the only malicious aura for party play because of interaction with EE.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
I feel like that the big 50% auras should be about *more multipliers* - wrath and hatred do that with More Lightning SpellDamage and Extra Phys as Cold. Haste's attack/casting speed is one inherently for most builds. (DoT builds need some love in that regard in general I feel like - but thats a seperate topic.)

Those 'more' multipliers are conditional; true (either due to only profiting lighting *spell* damage or giving extra cold *based* on phys) but Anger does not do anything along those lines.

If Anger would give flat FirePen it would be really good for a lot of the strength based melee skills and either synergise well with xophs blood/kaoms or open up the ability to run other things then xophs blood as a strength based melee - since it would be pen thats easy to aquire via skillgem (and not linked up with your skills) as opposed to a breachlord rare-drop.

Anyhow: I am a big fan of the assymetrical skill design between the three main types of gems (int; dex; strength) but I feel like that some sort of 'similiar value' should exist between the three big offensive elemental 50% auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info