Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

If Betrayal going core im out.

RIP PoE

"
SouOu wrote:
Can't get decent gear to progress, can't get maps, and now we can't even do dailies or get sulpur for delves... what's the point?

Feeling not punished enough?
Play PoE!
All that crying going on in the comments.
Either the game is too hard or not hard at all.
GGG pls just stick to your point of view and not to the community.
The game is great and it works very well.

I for one enjoyed betrayal very much and liked the though fights for it made me replan characters and focus more on defenses and life.
That is a good thing.

Those people crying just want to have the cake and eat it too.
Playing zoom zoom chars with 5 k life and then wondering why they do get oneshot.

Betrayal is a decent way to start making the game slower again and also harder. You should feel the impact of an enemy and in certain situations fear that enemy. That is a good thing.

Its bad enough that there is no real increase in difficulty in the later stages of mapping. With a good build you wont notice the difference between t11 and t16. Hell maybe you even farm the hardest endgameboss available while basiclly afking. Thats not how it is supposed to work. So at least from my point of view hard encouters are very appreciated and requested.

Also thanks for the amazing work GGG
"
wanted131 wrote:
All that crying going on in the comments.
Either the game is too hard or not hard at all.
GGG pls just stick to your point of view and not to the community.
The game is great and it works very well.

I for one enjoyed betrayal very much and liked the though fights for it made me replan characters and focus more on defenses and life.
That is a good thing.

Those people crying just want to have the cake and eat it too.
Playing zoom zoom chars with 5 k life and then wondering why they do get oneshot.

Betrayal is a decent way to start making the game slower again and also harder. You should feel the impact of an enemy and in certain situations fear that enemy. That is a good thing.

Its bad enough that there is no real increase in difficulty in the later stages of mapping. With a good build you wont notice the difference between t11 and t16. Hell maybe you even farm the hardest endgameboss available while basiclly afking. Thats not how it is supposed to work. So at least from my point of view hard encouters are very appreciated and requested.

Also thanks for the amazing work GGG

i must agree with all, i miss a bit times were the game was much harder than now. but delve is very good to test your limits and habilities too (if you don't use gluttony of course).
said by a player than die very ofter but for distracting :P
Are the scarab nerfs retroactive, or there will be legacy ones in Standard? I may sell all my scarabs now if the changes are retroactive.
Stop whinning here on Betrayal going to core!!!

It's great...Dont want it!? Just skip it in maps like I skip damn delve! If i think this way I want crying here to erase whole delve from damn game...because I hate it and almost not play it - only a part necessary for a challenge depth(275-300)...

Start whinning about nerfs of scarabs and breachtones...Because betrayal in core with all rewards nerfed so strongly is not worth anything and nerfed pure breachstones not compensate experience lost from dying by syndicate members...

With so strong nerfs betrayal will be not worth anything...I can uderstand reducing pure's experience from 250% to 200% but to 100% ,-1 monster level ,less monster density - it's a catastrophe and worst developers decision from 2,5 years(when i start playing) - nothing p...s me off so much to date....

Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
"
PromaG wrote:
Stop whinning here on Betrayal going to core!!!

It's great...Dont want it!? Just skip it in maps like I skip damn delve! If i think this way I want crying here to erase whole delve from damn game...because I hate it and almost not play it - only a part necessary for a challenge depth(275-300)...

I think the point is you can't skip it (or lock it out) since 3 encounters on a map and the ambush encounter is what people hate (cause it can ruin your day fast). I doubt anyone would care if you could still lock them up in lab or if it was a zana mod.

Re: working lost lore back in through future content, why not let us access some dialog options for Syndicate members while they're in the interrogation slots on the syndicate board? It might not be the right place to return ALL of that lore, but it'd fit thematically to be able to ask them about certain topics then.
Best league you ever made ggg, greate job and thx
"
WarHogg wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Great game, but god damn the direction is going in leaves me more depressed by the day.

Exactly my feeling.

My feeling too!
Being forced to do content (Lab,Masters on Atlas,Betrayal encounters,etc) isn't
really what I want to do..And instead of incorporating a buggy mechanic like Betrayal into core?? Whyyy??
Make it a Zana mod if you really need to leave it in the game,but if it can't be avoided,I may be done with the game..I locked Jun up after dying to syndicate more than on any 3 or 4 previous leagues,and went to standard. We'll see what synthesis brings,and how the sydicate encounters are re-tuned,but I'm not hopeful..

Hmm..... adding my 2 cents.

Been with PoE since 2012 beta. Enjoyed the mindless hack and slash at first, and then the depth of fine-tuning and build and skill diversity.

But yeah something went wrong. It started with the lab. Everyone was forced to do the lab for the Ascendancy points. Traps added an element to the game that I personally despise and became a "necessary evil" required to suffer in order to enjoy the PoE.

Delve, Bestiary, Breach, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Talisman, Legacy (my favorite) and many other leagues later here we are.

I find myself that in order to play the content that I want to play and enjoy to play - now i have to do some tasks, almost feels like work-related. The feeling of the GAME is going away, and being replaced with feeling of having to jump through an ever increasing number of hoops to get to where you wanna be and enjoy the game.

Игра не стоит свеч - The game is becoming not worth the price of candle that is required to keep it going.

mb a bit more than 2 cents

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info