why did you bring this game to ps4 in this state?

"
fLekkZ wrote:

I checked your profile and you are not using a movement skill which causes the most rubberbanding to happen so no wonder why you didnt experienced it more. Flame Dash, Phase Run, Blink Arrow, Lwarp and Charged Dash are the only viable movement skills which dont cause an absurf amount of rubberbanding. Leap Slam, Whirling and Shield Charge are the worst and almost make them unplayable with a lot of "Attack Speed". You haven't progressed into maps like I can tell and the peformance through Acts is good but in maps (yellow upwards) its aweful and I mean really really aweful. So don't take it personal but you haven't followed why people think the performance is bad and people like you are not helping fixing the problem by making this statements without knwoing what they are talking about. It's nothing personal but it makes people which infested a lot of time into the game and know what they are talking about look like they are "lying"..

rubberbanding is a latency issue, are you playing wired or wifi and have you tried reinstalling the game?
"
"
fLekkZ wrote:

I checked your profile and you are not using a movement skill which causes the most rubberbanding to happen so no wonder why you didnt experienced it more. Flame Dash, Phase Run, Blink Arrow, Lwarp and Charged Dash are the only viable movement skills which dont cause an absurf amount of rubberbanding. Leap Slam, Whirling and Shield Charge are the worst and almost make them unplayable with a lot of "Attack Speed". You haven't progressed into maps like I can tell and the peformance through Acts is good but in maps (yellow upwards) its aweful and I mean really really aweful. So don't take it personal but you haven't followed why people think the performance is bad and people like you are not helping fixing the problem by making this statements without knwoing what they are talking about. It's nothing personal but it makes people which infested a lot of time into the game and know what they are talking about look like they are "lying"..

rubberbanding is a latency issue, are you playing wired or wifi and have you tried reinstalling the game?

Its not an latency issue, its because there is no "Lockstep" in the PS4 version.. please dont spread misinformation about rubberbanding mechanics.
Game could be amazing community already established console wise gettung replys from people sharing the same frustrastions seems theres is a crucial lack of support on the console end if any at all im patiently waiting for answers aswell, I completely agree with the initial poster about it not being ready for console in it's current state, ive been browsing the past few days before posting to see if anyone has recieved any support from a forum mod or dev, not trying to stir negativity seems the only feed-back and responses are coming from those with shared frustrations and bad experiences with the many unaddressed issues. Anyone other than us listening? Someone please?? Im not ready to give up on PoE just yet....
"
Vital2408 wrote:
Game could be amazing community already established console wise gettung replys from people sharing the same frustrastions seems theres is a crucial lack of support on the console end if any at all im patiently waiting for answers aswell, I completely agree with the initial poster about it not being ready for console in it's current state, ive been browsing the past few days before posting to see if anyone has recieved any support from a forum mod or dev, not trying to stir negativity seems the only feed-back and responses are coming from those with shared frustrations and bad experiences with the many unaddressed issues. Anyone other than us listening? Someone please?? Im not ready to give up on PoE just yet....

Chris (lead dev) released a statement pertaining to this current leagues issues and other matters on reddit a day or two ago. He also stated they know consoles are having issues and theyre working on solutions.
Last edited by Musicopia on May 4, 2019, 8:50:59 PM
"
Musicopia wrote:
"
Vital2408 wrote:

Chris (lead dev) released a statement pertaining to this current leagues issues and other matters on reddit a day or two ago. He also stated they know consoles are having issues and theyre working on solutions.

Xbox got the same issues PS4 got for almost two years, what we learned: "Dont believe everything they say."
What I find mildly puzzling is that the problems are obvious and apparent within only a few hours of play. So on the one hand it seems bizarre that QA didn't encounter all these problems, on the other we have so many players posting angry threads about the state of the game, and basically all of them have spent hundreds of dollars on MTX.

So above all else let this be a lesson: never ever buy MTX, expecially hundreds of dollars of MTX, for a game you haven't played for yourself. Confirming the game actually works first is kind of important.

And unfortumately it's behavior like this which encourages developers to release games in this state. It's an endemic problem across the entire industry: a game is hyped-up for months or years, millions of people throw their money at the game in advance through preorders or overeager purchase, the game ends up being a mess for some reason by which point the developer already has your money and doesn't care about the game any more.

If "every* player gave every game a month to prove itelf, every player would have been fully aware of the state of PoE and probably not bought any MTX at all - meaning fixing the problems would have been far higher on GGG's priority list. Right now it kind of looks like they don't care because they already made more money from the game on release than they'll make from it's remaining lifetime.
My major issue with the state of the PS4/Console version is that I find it very difficult to believe that GGG did not know there were serious/on the verge of catastrophic performance issues related to the game, yet they released it anyway.

even worse, is that the magnitude of the issues only become fully apparent when you hit end-game, at which point most people will have invested into MTX. Don't get me wrong. This game, in spite of its issues, is still the most fun I've had on a video game in years. But it is also the most frustrating.

The post Chris made on Reddit was very good, but it does not explain or excuse the business decision to launch a game that was so demonstrably not ready for public consumption, and again, assuming they actually tested end-game builds I cannot believe they did not know just how badly the performance tanks.

I'm not giving up on the game because do find it so much fun, but I'm not going to spend any further money on it until I see proper fixes coming down through the pipeline because to a certain degree, I feel like I have been played and I'm calling GGG out for it.

ps. to be clear, on the PS4 I bought a number of stash tabs because I felt I needed them as I hit end-game, but no cosmetics, and for that I'm genuinely glad I held back. Note I also have an XBox account and spent a fair whack on cosmetics during Betrayal League, so its not like I have not invested financially into the game I'm leveling criticism against. On that note, for multi platform players like myself, a unified approach to cosmetics would seem fair to me, especially given they are not exactly cheap.

Last edited by bendybruce on May 6, 2019, 5:49:41 PM
Last edited by johnsoigne on May 7, 2019, 1:07:09 AM
Remember guys the game was scheduled for like December 2018. They pushed it back until mid Feb and then again to late March to improve it XD
Last edited by Mattigator on May 7, 2019, 8:02:29 PM
"
bendybruce wrote:
a unified approach to cosmetics would seem fair to me, especially given they are not exactly cheap.

That can't happen until both sony and microsoft allow it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info