Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"
Phenomena wrote:
Over my 25 years online gaming I've almost never complaint about changes but...

I see and get the rework on the melee skills. I was heavily needed, what I don't get is the nerf's.

Your prime trademark was don't nerf make the other stuff better.

The skills you are nerfing have been accepted by the community already and people likes the gameplay. It's the underpreforming skills you need to look at and do something about. Not the working ones.

Just wait and see on next patch when you have made some to fun strong melee skill options what what will happen then?

At the end of the day this is a game you kill stuff loot and have fun. A skill and build must be fun to play thats what is important for everyone. If someone find that and you nerf it, look at yourself how would you ract?

A majority never see a headhunter or get the currancy to buy one or gets pass level 95 like the stupid level thing you added back in 3.0 or so. Those nerfs are to satisfy a very small player basis but has a big impact for players that have a work, family and can only play 40hrs a week or a bit less.

Once again Don't nerf things, make the other stuff better!

did you buy your account? because you sound like you have played this game for a week. "...trademark was don't nerf..." is a load of bull. GGG has literally said that they will nerf things sometimes just to change the meta. Besides this has been coming since power creep started in 3.0.
For the enchantments discussion. Why not have the enchantments you can get more heavily weighted toward skills that you currently have equipped in any slot on your gear when you touch the font and choose helmet enchant? You can have what, 32 total gems slotted in gear max? Including weapons on swap that is. Maybe 30% or 50% of the time you have a 1/32 chance to roll an enchant for one of those gems. No gem may have more than a 1/32 chance so if you have less gems equipped, repeats, or supports and gems with no enchantments, that chance would roll back to the general mod pool. You could balance this however you like to achieve the desired weighting and chances. Just a thought I had.
"
Iskandur wrote:
Why not just remove offending skills like winter orb and storm brand instead of "offering" players a nerfed version that is going to feel crippled compared to what they've been playing? Aren't the nerfs supposed to get people to play something else? Just delete them. A new FOTM will take their place, then...yeah back on the nerfcycle.

Regarding the elemenatalist and those "bad" skills, if you're going to pull its wings off, why not be merciful and just kill it off outright. Are elementalists supposed to play Arc instead, the freshly nerfed version we have now? What's left for the elementalist?

Maybe is is all down to removing things that kill console performance. Whatever it is, it feel like a no fun manifesto to me.

'cause GGG is trying to 'balance' stuff again - kinda the ongoing theme here, balance stuff by making it unplayable. By just removing offending skills they are admitting defeat - all the work that went into the skills creation down the drain. So, GGG does what they are doing again, and again...patch after patch, league after league - balance by destruction?
🐢
Mulistrike nerf and cyclone skill-type buffs feel like a deterministic push towards those skills.

Attacking fast and moving quickly is the only way to play well in a league like Legion.

Channeling through all the mobs seems to be the way they want us to explore the melee changes.

bleh
Nerf Manifesto PogChamp
"
AShugars wrote:
Been playing since late Delve league. Have never seen a HH belt drop, and at this rate, I will NEVER SEE ONE DROP...EVER. Gotta hand it to you guys for keeping it real though. Not everyone can enjoy the finer things in life.

Headhunter is a league specific item. It can only drop in maps w Nemesis mod or chanced via chance orb (base type leather belt) in Zana mod Nemesis.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Headhunter

"
Acquisition

League(s): Nemesis

Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Jun 3, 2019, 11:58:12 PM
"
"
dragonpowi wrote:
"
Well , the hype is dead , anyone knows a good game to play until 4.0 is released and they revert all these BS changes?

oh no my meta build is gone what im gonna do now :(. seriously, HOA nerf = deserved, Winter orb = deserved, occultist and ES = deserved. the only thing i see that maybe wasnt needed is beacon of ruin and warlord mark. im not sure if aurabot nerf is deserved tho, anyway i play solo.

Of all those builds the only one i played was Hoag, not even mad about it , is just that they nerf everything to the ground and force meleeshit down our throats.

lol. you can play what you want. but saying "force meleeshit down our throats." is literally saying you will only play meta builds. So that's your choice. You aren't forced to play anything. You didn't complain when they buffed spells and traps and left melee out of it did you? Did you say you were being forced to play spells?
<sarcasm>

I'm seeing some replies here that say things like "Winter Orb nerfed into the ground" and such.

Can someone direct me to the post that goes into detail on the actual numbers for the Winter Orb nerf? I've only heard that they're reducing its cast frequency, I haven't heard how much.

Unless that information hasn't been released and people are just pre-combusting.

</sarcasm>

I like the changes GGG, watching the new meta unfold and experimenting with it will be fun, thank you for all your hard work :D
"
Justjoshin wrote:
For the enchantments discussion. Why not have the enchantments you can get more heavily weighted toward skills that you currently have equipped in any slot on your gear when you touch the font and choose helmet enchant? You can have what, 32 total gems slotted in gear max? Including weapons on swap that is. Maybe 30% or 50% of the time you have a 1/32 chance to roll an enchant for one of those gems. No gem may have more than a 1/32 chance so if you have less gems equipped, repeats, or supports and gems with no enchantments, that chance would roll back to the general mod pool. You could balance this however you like to achieve the desired weighting and chances. Just a thought I had.

They don't want any system that even remotely looks like D3 smart loot, and that is what you are proposing.
"
The Occultist now only has a single Energy Shield based notable, with a condensed and limited version of the previous Energy Shield notables. The ability for energy shield to be uninterruptible if recovery has started recently has moved to a new Keystone found near the Witch, making the mechanic available to a broader selection of characters, though with a new downside.

"
We've made a number of changes to bonuses to Energy Shield on the passive tree. The value of increases to energy shield on various passive clusters have been lowered, with some flat energy shield available early in the passive tree. This will let energy shield have some extra defensive benefits at early levels, while reducing the potential Energy Shield that a fully invested late game character can achieve.

Well that's a fucking gut punch. I don't know WTF you consider "too powerful" but I have a 9,142 ES fireball occultist that I find, with the current ES and occultist skills, can reliably do normal Atziri and yellow Elder, but not reliably without dying.

I guess I should be buying a new computer every six months, investing in a T1 line (are those still a thing?), and playing one of the "THREE MILLION DAMAGE" meta builds instead of trying to experiment, enjoy the game, and develop characters with a consistent, satisfying flavor or theme.
Awakened Combustion Support when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info