Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

"
Why did you delete the dodging cyclone from your guide list? It's such a wonderful build. And titally 3.9 viable.
Hey Caligula_Exile!

I really didn't want to get rid of the guide. It wasn't because of performance or inability. Well, not from a build perspective. But from a guide writer's perspective, 5/6 guides are too much for me. I just don't have the personal time to respond to guides with the frequency that I like. Though I set people's expectations to get a reply once a week, I don't want that the be the best-case scenario. I want it to be the worst-case scenario. Plus, with GGG changing the endgame life and resists of all the enemies, I need to consider how often I potentially have to revamp each guide/build based on changes GGG makes. (How often GGG may make major changes that impact builds and how much time is needed to test and min/max each guide.)

So, by deciding that 4 guides are my maximum (which is something I learned this league), I had to decide how I was going to categorize them to keep each build different. I decided on a: Minion, Spell, Attack, and RF guide (I also want at least one to be Life Based and at least one to be ES based). So, with that setup, I had to choose between my two remaining Attack guides (as the Scion got cut earlier in the league). I chose Trigger Happy over Dodging Cyclone because it's a slower pace (for my nausea), less demanding to level with, and its defence does damage (whereas Dodging doesn't deal damage).

It's hard to put so much effort into building, testing, and writing a guide (months)...and then all the effort/time of responses...just to end up cutting a guide. And it REALLY SUCKS when you know people are REALLY enjoying it. But for the sake of being an efficient and helpful guide writer, it was a choice I had to make after discovering what having 6 guides was like this league.

So it wasn't because I thought the guide/build was inadequate. It was simply a time and quality management choice as a whole.

I'll still be responding to all 6 of my guides for this league. I'll be treating them all equally. I know people are playing them and are enjoying and learning from them. But it terms of the little tweaks I make while thinking of, and planning for, 3.10 and beyond...those choices will only include the 4 guides mentioned above.

Sorry. I hope that makes sense. I didn't plan on the response being this long. So feel free to ask as many questions about the build, during 3.9 and afterwards! I'm happy to help.

I'm glad you noticed. It was a hard choice to make.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Spoiler
"
Why did you delete the dodging cyclone from your guide list? It's such a wonderful build. And titally 3.9 viable.
Hey Caligula_Exile!

I really didn't want to get rid of the guide. It wasn't because of performance or inability. Well, not from a build perspective. But from a guide writer's perspective, 5/6 guides are too much for me. I just don't have the personal time to respond to guides with the frequency that I like. Though I set people's expectations to get a reply once a week, I don't want that the be the best-case scenario. I want it to be the worst-case scenario. Plus, with GGG changing the endgame life and resists of all the enemies, I need to consider how often I potentially have to revamp each guide/build based on changes GGG makes. (How often GGG may make major changes that impact builds and how much time is needed to test and min/max each guide.)

So, by deciding that 4 guides are my maximum (which is something I learned this league), I had to decide how I was going to categorize them to keep each build different. I decided on a: Minion, Spell, Attack, and RF guide (I also want at least one to be Life Based and at least one to be ES based). So, with that setup, I had to choose between my two remaining Attack guides (as the Scion got cut earlier in the league). I chose Trigger Happy over Dodging Cyclone because it's a slower pace (for my nausea), less demanding to level with, and its defence does damage (whereas Dodging doesn't deal damage).

It's hard to put so much effort into building, testing, and writing a guide (months)...and then all the effort/time of responses...just to end up cutting a guide. And it REALLY SUCKS when you know people are REALLY enjoying it. But for the sake of being an efficient and helpful guide writer, it was a choice I had to make after discovering what having 6 guides was like this league.

So it wasn't because I thought the guide/build was inadequate. It was simply a time and quality management choice as a whole.

I'll still be responding to all 6 of my guides for this league. I'll be treating them all equally. I know people are playing them and are enjoying and learning from them. But it terms of the little tweaks I make while thinking of, and planning for, 3.10 and beyond...those choices will only include the 4 guides mentioned above.

Sorry. I hope that makes sense. I didn't plan on the response being this long. So feel free to ask as many questions about the build, during 3.9 and afterwards! I'm happy to help.

I'm glad you noticed. It was a hard choice to make.

Thank you very much for answering.

I do understand and - of course - do respect your decision. To be honest, I was wondering throughout the current league if you might end up burnt-out with the number of guides you were offering. Each and every one of these guides was and is a master-piece, made with lots of deep knowledge and passionate love. As someone who doesn't write guide I can only guess how much time and effort it takes to write prepare them, write them, update them and answer all the questions.

With the cyclone ranger being my shooting-star and surprising big love I am bit sad, personally, that she won't be continued after 3.9. But please don't feel bad about it. I don't want to make you feel bad. Quite the contrary. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work you put into all your guides. You helped me (and lots of others) to enjoy this game.

Please keep taking good care of yourself. You are such a precious person. It is a hard decision for oneself to decide how much one can do. But it is very good and mature that you decided for yourself to reduce the number of the guide for your health's sake.

Stay sane, exile! I will keep reading you :)
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Thank you very much for answering.

I do understand and - of course - do respect your decision. To be honest, I was wondering throughout the current league if you might end up burnt-out with the number of guides you were offering. Each and every one of these guides was and is a master-piece, made with lots of deep knowledge and passionate love. As someone who doesn't write guide I can only guess how much time and effort it takes to write prepare them, write them, update them and answer all the questions.

With the cyclone ranger being my shooting-star and surprising big love I am bit sad, personally, that she won't be continued after 3.9. But please don't feel bad about it. I don't want to make you feel bad. Quite the contrary. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work you put into all your guides. You helped me (and lots of others) to enjoy this game.

Please keep taking good care of yourself. You are such a precious person. It is a hard decision for oneself to decide how much one can do. But it is very good and mature that you decided for yourself to reduce the number of the guide for your health's sake.

Stay sane, exile! I will keep reading you :)
That is such a kind message. Thank you. I wish I could put into words how encouraging it is to read. Thank you so very much for every sentence you wrote. Thanks for taking the time to write it out and pass it on. And thanks for being so great to everyone you speak to. You're a bright light in this community and we're lucky to have you.

God Bless you Caligula_Exile. Thank you.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Im 77 and your builds are my way of enjoying this great game. first one was slo-mo zombies,still gr8 thank you very much. fan forever. mike
"
torrance2 wrote:
Im 77 and your builds are my way of enjoying this great game. first one was slo-mo zombies,still gr8 thank you very much. fan forever. mike
Hey torrance2 (Mike)!

That's very kind of you. I really appreciate you taking the time to be thoughtful and encouraging. Thank you. I'm glad you like the build(s). I'll likely be keeping only 4 guides per league from this point on. We'll see how they change with PoE 2's Ascendancy additions and changes. But I'm excited for sure.

Thanks again. If you have any suggestions for any of the guides or builds, please let me know. It's people's feedback that has really honed them to what they are now. I appreciate your time :).

Annnnnd

Hello, TY for all the hard work,

I have played the RF and the Zombie, and love the guides. Currently on Sirius with the Righteous fire.

I have a question, I have a bone helmet(+2) that supports minion life(16) and damage(20), I put the zombies in this link, and put the skeletons in my chest.
I have a red and blue gem slot open. what gems would you recommend? I put in burning damage support(red) and minion speed(blue). Thoughts and suggestions?

Again ty for the hard work,

"
franklsw3mc wrote:
Hello, TY for all the hard work,

I have played the RF and the Zombie, and love the guides. Currently on Sirius with the Righteous fire.

I have a question, I have a bone helmet(+2) that supports minion life(16) and damage(20), I put the zombies in this link, and put the skeletons in my chest.
I have a red and blue gem slot open. what gems would you recommend? I put in burning damage support(red) and minion speed(blue). Thoughts and suggestions?

Again ty for the hard work,

Hey franklsw3mc!

That's very kind of you. Thank you. It is a lot of work, but I really enjoy it, and kindness like yours keeps it going. Thank you.

Red Gem - With Skeletons, Melee Physical Support will greatly increase Skeleton damage. It won't however, impact the mage skeletons that are randomly summoned when you hit Vaal Skeletons. Burning Damage Support really increases the damage of the "Righteous Fire" of Infernal Legion which is on every skeleton no matter how they're summoned.

Blue Gem - I'd personally select Feeding Frenzy Support. The faster your skeletons get around, the more effective they are. It makes them really aggressive too. The sooner they die, the sooner they explode for huge damage. Minion Speed is also good. It doesn't give damage, but it gives more speed than Feeding Frenzy.

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm glad you're liking the builds you've tried :).

Annnnnd

Hey Wrecker.

Your guides are terrific. I've tried most, but not quite all of them so far. I know you're trying to reduce the number of guides you're updating and I understand why you're only sticking with 4 right now, but I was wondering if you could still link to your old guides on your main guide page (with a big caveat that you're no longer going to be updating them.) Even if you're not updating them, they are still excellent templates and gives some good ideas for other builds. It would be handy if we could easily find/access some of your older builds. (I'm a big fan of your Dodging Cyclone build, for example.)

Thanks!
"
Koeii wrote:
Hey Wrecker.

Your guides are terrific. I've tried most, but not quite all of them so far. I know you're trying to reduce the number of guides you're updating and I understand why you're only sticking with 4 right now, but I was wondering if you could still link to your old guides on your main guide page (with a big caveat that you're no longer going to be updating them.) Even if you're not updating them, they are still excellent templates and gives some good ideas for other builds. It would be handy if we could easily find/access some of your older builds. (I'm a big fan of your Dodging Cyclone build, for example.)

Thanks!
Thanks Koeii! That's very kind of you. Thanks for taking the time to be encouraging.

You know, that's not a bad idea. I could just make a list of old guides and have a disclaimer that lets people know that the guides are outdated but they can do what they like with them. Good call. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again for your kindness. I really appreciate it. I hope you've enjoyed the builds you've played. And please, if you have any other suggestions about a guide or build, please let me know.

Annnnnd

"
That's very kind of you. Thanks for taking the time to be encouraging.

You know, that's not a bad idea. I could just make a list of old guides and have a disclaimer that lets people know that the guides are outdated but they can do what they like with them. Good call. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again for your kindness. I really appreciate it. I hope you've enjoyed the builds you've played. And please, if you have any other suggestions about a guide or build, please let me know.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info