Development Manifesto: Legion as a Core Game Mechanic

"
iamnotspock wrote:
"
solidghost wrote:
Unlocking the 5 slot map device will take quite a lot of time considering legion spawns only 10% in maps?

No, Read it again, they are walling Legion, behind Syndicate / Delve etc. It wont spawn in maps.

(Which I think is a mistake, it should have a spawn chance in maps.).

I'd ask you to re-read it again because they specifically said that legion has a 10% chance to spawn in maps (similar to breach and abyss encounters). And, IN ADDITION to that, you can get splinters and scarabs relating to legion from Vagan during syndicate encoutners as well as from delving.

Which means there's actually a pretty decent chance of getting your 5 slots in a reasonable amount of time in a league.
RIP HC Maraketh offscreen one shit archers. But rewards was downed for same level as abyss and breach, so maybe just skip it.
Replace Alva with Legion instead of adding another core game mechanic imo
"
iamnotspock wrote:
"
solidghost wrote:
Unlocking the 5 slot map device will take quite a lot of time considering legion spawns only 10% in maps?

No, Read it again, they are walling Legion, behind Syndicate / Delve etc. It wont spawn in maps.

(Which I think is a mistake, it should have a spawn chance in maps.).

It specifically states that legion will spawn 10% in maps???
Well, that's good to hear.. I haven't been able to play much of legion cuz of work but 3.8 will be during the off season so i should be able to play more then :D
"Don't Tread on Me"
expected.

also expected the nerfs as well.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"

In Betrayal Safehouses, Vagan will give rewards based on Legion, including Legion Scarabs and Timeless Splinters

Cool to see that Betrayal is being updated with new mechanics. Though I suspect he's going to go from utterly useless to mostly useless unless he drops a significant number of shards.

For the scarabs, they could either go well or not. If they guarantee general/warchest spawns, they could be all right. If they are just another standard roll, no one will pay for them.

Though I'm a bit sad they are adding an Incursion room instead of replacing the Tormented Spirits one. Alva's mechanic seems the worst of the New Masters because there's so much out of the player's control.

"

In Legion we experimented with end game content that could be played endlessly. Players responded very positively...

Sound about right to me. I enjoyed it.
Last edited by FathomWheel on Aug 18, 2019, 7:51:02 PM
oh people are forgetting that in 3.8 you will see less safehouses since 1 board = account wide now.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
wow
"
Xystre wrote:
oh people are forgetting that in 3.8 you will see less safehouses since 1 board = account wide now.

I think you'll actually see more. Syndicate takes a non-negligible amount of time to set up (kick out the bad people, bring in the good people, get them into the right divisions, etc...). By making it a single account-wide board, you only have to do that once and your subsequent characters can use the same board without having to first set it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info