[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Performance issues could also be an OS thing if you're still on Windows 7. I was for two weeks of this league but having ~20+ deaths to Conquerors spawning in to talk shit and freezing up my game for around 15 seconds got old. I bit the bullet on upgrading to Windows 10 with their free thing and suddenly my game started running a dozen times better. Take care of your software, folks!

Blighted Maps have only ever been an issue for me on ones where the host decides to alch the map for no tangible benefit (the +Quant/Rarity do nothing for the Blight chests, only the final loot explosion!!) and gets something like +Life/+Res to monsters on Awakener 8 and everything becomes a brick wall of hard-to-kill meat. It's especially painful on larger Blighted Maps like the Summit, which the group I was with nearly froze the instance because so many enemies were active in the area. Friends don't let friends alch Blight Maps!
Ok, so first I want to thank for this guide, it's well written and very detailed!

I test this build currently ((Lvl 88 now, no jewel slots yet, 1 claw, no enlighten (although I have my Fenumus Weave stored in stash), overall around 12 ex invested so far)).

My thoughts:

pros:

+ very fun to play, can't wait to test it with Aspect of the Spider enabled (still waiting for my Enlighten to lvlup)
+ ok in Delve during run through mine (but look at my cons)
+ can tank A LOT with Vaal Molten Shield enabled
+ Jade Flask 100% uptime helps a lot

cons: (and I will be more than happy for author's suggestions, you can see character in my profile)

- squishy (yes, when there's no Molten Shield available, this build, at least in my hands, is prone to be melted in 1 second - dunno really why) - any suggestions? I have res capped, 4,8k life, use Fortify and Jade Flask all the time
- sucks at killing bosses - really, I don't know if this is the new patch with overall more life for bosses (I play on awakened level 5, so it's just 15% more life), but bosses on red maps die slooooooooooooow - any suggestions here (except for second claw - I know)?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings now, considering that final build will cost me about 20-25 ex (and there will be rather minor improvements and item switches).

My league starter pure Bane lazy 2-button build still clears map at same or even slightly better speed, but also is much more tanky and melts bossed better (still slower than most builds, because I made her currency farmer, not boss killer with Essence Drain, but better).

BUT... maybe I do something wrong?

EDIT (!): It seems, that Fenumus Weave is a major upgrade. I'd say it's not luxury item, but mandatory upgrade to do red maps comfortably. So it look much better in terms of map clearing and being safe during the process. In terms of bossing I will update soon after some more testing.

EDIT2: Yeah, clearing with Fenumus is much safer, still bosses and red map metamorphs are pain in the a**. I simply cannot deal enough damage to kill them in few seconds... not to mention about Conquerors on Awakening lvl 5 :)
Last edited by deeveejay on Jan 1, 2020, 9:18:43 AM
does chill from vortex/bonechill stack with slow from aspect of the spider?

does multitotem support linked to wither double the chaos damage taken somehow? or what is the reasoning for taking it over increased duration or faster casting?

is anyone using frostbomb?

"
deeveejay wrote:
Ok, so first I want to thank for this guide, it's well written and very detailed!

I test this build currently ((Lvl 88 now, no jewel slots yet, 1 claw, no enlighten (although I have my Fenumus Weave stored in stash), overall around 12 ex invested so far)).

My thoughts:

pros:

+ very fun to play, can't wait to test it with Aspect of the Spider enabled (still waiting for my Enlighten to lvlup)

cons: (and I will be more than happy for author's suggestions, you can see character in my profile)

- squishy (yes, when there's no Molten Shield available, this build, at least in my hands, is prone to be melted in 1 second - dunno really why) - any suggestions? I have res capped, 4,8k life, use Fortify and Jade Flask all the time
- sucks at killing bosses - really, I don't know if this is the new patch with overall more life for bosses (I play on awakened level 5, so it's just 15% more life), but bosses on red maps die slooooooooooooow - any suggestions here (except for second claw - I know)?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings now, considering that final build will cost me about 20-25 ex (and there will be rather minor improvements and item switches).

My league starter pure Bane lazy 2-button build still clears map at same or even slightly better speed, but also is much more tanky and melts bossed better (still slower than most builds, because I made her currency farmer, not boss killer with Essence Drain, but better).

EDIT (!): It seems, that Fenumus Weave is a major upgrade. I'd say it's not luxury item, but mandatory upgrade to do red maps comfortably. So it look much better in terms of map clearing and being safe during the process. In terms of bossing I will update soon after some more testing.

EDIT2: Yeah, clearing with Fenumus is much safer, still bosses and red map metamorphs are pain in the a**. I simply cannot deal enough damage to kill them in few seconds... not to mention about Conquerors on Awakening lvl 5 :)

I haven't made it as far as you yet but why not just craft aspect of the spider on another piece of gear and use other gloves. Much cheaper. Fenumus arachnid is only 24 chaos and fenumus gloves is over 1 exa.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 1, 2020, 12:05:04 PM
"
Archernick wrote:
Whelp. After going Cold Vortex Occultist, and then Power Siphon Inquisitor, I can now say I'm coming home to my Viper/Pestilent League Starter.

Sorry Torstien, I should have never have left!

Welcome back xD
"
deeveejay wrote:

My thoughts:

pros:

I should have stopped reading right there ^^^

So you are playing with 1 claw in a build where passive tree has half dual wield damage nodes and 50% block that comes also from that... And it's squishy?
I mean, wtf rly?

Not 100% what all you did wrong because I can't see your char but pls follow the guide. You can see from the comments that players have Sirius 8 on farm even with lower damage than projected.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 1, 2020, 12:05:20 PM
"
ArkamHatchet wrote:
what does the +1 to min frenzy charges on the amulet do? I have always 1 frenzy charge?
wouldn't endurance charge be better for defense in that case?

also which flask setup for the sirius fight, I don't think I will need quicksilver there

Yeah, perma charges.
You can go with Endurance if you want too.

For the Sirius fight you should have these in your build:
1. "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corrupted jewel
2. you wont need Quicksilver or warding. Get instead Chemist's Basalt flask of Iron Skin/Reflexes(don't double this suffix in flask setup). Flask should have at least 23% reduced charges used so you can have 2 full uses.
Alternatively if you are missing chaos res get Amethyst flask of Iron Skin/Reflexes.

that's what I would do...

"
Provin915 wrote:
What do you guys think about crafting +1 melee range on helm and necklace?

Not worth
"
kompaniet wrote:
does chill from vortex/bonechill stack with slow from aspect of the spider?

does multitotem support linked to wither double the chaos damage taken somehow? or what is the reasoning for taking it over increased duration or faster casting?

is anyone using frostbomb?

Yes it stacks.

Multiple totems stack Wither faster.

Use it if you feel like you need it.
"
deeveejay wrote:
Struggles with murdering dudes via poison.

It's very hard to make suggestions or critiques without seeing your character properly (go under Account -> Privacy Settings -> Uncheck 'Hide Character Tab'), but I do not run Fenumus gloves and bosses absolutely melt from my variant of the build. The only things that actually feel like real boss fights are when a map rolls '80% chance to Avoid Poisons'. Even the conquerors on Awakening 8 die in roughly 10 seconds tops, save Veritania.

Get a second claw for sure. Even just the Chaos Damage + Chance for double Poison Damage combo is more than enough to clear reds on Awakener 8.

Edit: As for being squishy outside of molten shell, it definitely is relatively speaking. Most people run 50-60% dodge vs. all with 8k eHP via Mind over Matter, but if you don't try to facetank things when your shield's down, you're borderline unkillable.
Last edited by Sandevasfootball on Jan 1, 2020, 7:38:10 PM
Any suggestions on crafting the Claws? yes I've read the guide, but maybe I'm just having awful luck. I cannot, for the life of me get the adds # to # chaos damage AND the chance for poisons to do 100% more damage to roll at the same time. Probably spent like 150C on Corroded fossils at this point. Maybe I'm just venting lol. Any weapon I've found worth a damn is at least 6 ex rn. I'll keep checking though.
"
JayCy wrote:
Any suggestions on crafting the Claws? yes I've read the guide, but maybe I'm just having awful luck. I cannot, for the life of me get the adds # to # chaos damage AND the chance for poisons to do 100% more damage to roll at the same time. Probably spent like 150C on Corroded fossils at this point. Maybe I'm just venting lol. Any weapon I've found worth a damn is at least 6 ex rn. I'll keep checking though.

My best results came after I started using Aberrant, Corroded and Metallic in a 3. Blocks so many unwanted mods and narrows the pool down a ton. Maybe give that a go.

Also, make sure the claws are ilvl 83+.

Sorry if you're already doing all of the above. Good luck!
Last edited by Dubstorm on Jan 1, 2020, 10:03:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info