Withering Step

With the change to Withering Step's text, specifically "Using a (formerly movement, but now any) skill or losing the elusive buff ends this skill's effects", it is no longer usable on my build and thus I have been forced to drop it completely.

I am currently a Voltaxic Burst/Lightning Warp Trickster (STD), and my previous strategy revolved around resetting Wither/Elusive (Withering Step on left click) via timed Lightning Warp casts (cast order of 3-5x Voltaxic Burst > Lightning Warp 1-3x into a mob > left click to trigger Withering Step > repeat). Now with this change I can no longer have wither/elusive up while charging up VolBurst stacks.

Thanks again for screwing up players' builds GGG...

Edit: I've come to the realization that it is fruitless for myself (or anyone for that matter) to keep dealing with game companies (in this case GGG) devaluing the players' time by purposefully (and repeatedly) invalidating builds (and thus the hours of work put into such, for nothing mind you). As a result, it would be best if players such as myself either take a long break or completely drop PoE as such invalidation proves to be quite demoralizing.
It is a sad day indeed.
Last edited by shardklaw on Feb 7, 2023, 10:56:30 AM
Add Whithering Step back into Ruthless.
The Plague Bearer playstyle feels much worse without it. Maybe remove elusive from it, but keep phasing and wither stacks.
Hi,

since we will no longer be able to bind leftclick to abilitys which are instant in the next patch, the "blink" tag on the skillgem and the therefore shared cooldown with skills like flamedash will now prevent to ever be able to use any real blinkskill if using the new supportgem to automate withering step.

Withering step is almost identical to phaserun in how it works, still phaserun does not have the blink tag. There is not even any blinking/repositioning involved with withering step which would justify the blink tag.

Please have a look if that can be changed before leaguestart as it will be very inconvenient to either have to activate withering step every time you want to start moving or not being able to use flamedash because of automating withering step.

Before i could at least simply not pressing leftclick to be able to use flamedash or bind move to another key. For example in bossfights like searing exarch ballphase where i do not need withering step and focus on move only + flamedash. If i want to automate i would need to unsocket the support to be able to use other blink skills like flamedash.

As we should present usecases: I play as Death's Oath + Caustic arrow for singletarget. Examplecharacter would be Yvera_Affli.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info