Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

I saw that we're getting metamorph scarabs and a spot in the fragment tab for those. Is Cassia getting one too, or no?
"
If there are any other problematic mods other than ailments, please let us know and we'll look at those too.

Rarely do I chime in, but today's the day.

First off, I don't know where you got your data/feedback from, but I really enjoyed the Awakening map bonus +1; and to me personally, it was really fun increasing my map drop rate despite what you say in your "Development Manifesto." I also really enjoy the new Atlas rework and the watchstones themselves, as-well as the conqueror fights. At the current moment, they feel exceptionally fresh, fun, and lucratively rewarding (Awakened Support Skill Gems).

Now lets discuss mods and other problematic game mechanics.

I've played for over seven years since the dawn of POE, I've lived through the "Phylacteral Link" days when it was a basic bloodline mod (now relegated to the Crystal Ore map boss), and I would say at this stage of the game that reflect mods are counter-intuitive, clunky, and downright unnecessarily aggravating to the majority of your playerbase.

There isn't a solid case to be made that reflect mods encourage player ingenuity or pragmatic counter-play, they exist solely to serve as a barrier to the uninitiated, and a minor (or major) annoyance to those well-versed in the myriad ruleset of the game. Unless you're running straight up immunity on a Slayer (Headsman), or your build is built for reflect maps, it's impossible to overcome. I shouldn't insta-rip on a low tier blue map at lvl 96 because my buddy I'm helping out forgot to check for a phys reflect mod on the map before he placed it in the map device. All these insta-gib mods do is cause your veteran players to become unnecessarily OCD and scan over all of the mods on a map with a fine-tooth comb before running them instead of slamming-and-go; but this is the current reality of the situation, and unlikely to change unless a strong chorus of voices object to such an inane game mechanic.

Corpse-explosion/detonate dead is another monster skill I would like to see reworked or removed entirely. Quite frequently, I painstakingly Id each strongbox so I don't get 'million dps'd one-shot'; but when I'm playing with inexperienced players, they will always click those strongboxes without hesitation, and without Id'ing them, which again, causes unnecessary levels of OCD amongst your player base. We should be able to "outplay" certain content without specific builds (corpse clearing or full reflect counters) there should always be a path to victory, no matter how small, instead of entirely hopeless if you roll the dice wrong. These are my chief complaints about corpse-explosion/detonate dead inside maps, and reflect mods attached to the maps themselves through modifications.

You simply have a sextant mod which allows you to take no reflected damage, play Slayer (Headsman), or run a build built around countering reflect; otherwise, you don't run the map at all.
Last edited by TheIronBankofBraavos on Mar 4, 2020, 12:57:40 AM
After reading this I want to thank GGG for acknowledging community feedback. Understand many of us have thousands of hours in this game and hundreds to thousands of dollars invested. We all just want a game we can continue to enjoy and continue to support. I hope the feedback didn't come across as just pure rage.

Just please remember to not force us to run delve or temples in order to sustain maps. Let those encounters be optional and rewarding in their own way but not mandatory. For example, people who run temples can use the corruption alter to make a solid profit. People who delve can make money from fossils and currency drops. Please don't make these or any zones MANDATORY.

Thanks, have a blessed day and remember we just want to continue to support GGG till the end of time. So just keep making a great game we can enjoy and do remember to follow community feedback :)
Good thing d3 season starts on friday as well. Ohh the irony.
Last edited by Kaivuri101 on Mar 4, 2020, 12:18:46 AM
Uhm... I guess PoE has always been designed to be Grindy Hell from Slow Kingdom. But atm it feels much slower and grindier than usual. To get to some good red maps you have to go through all this watchstones nonsense. As I said before, I find it particularly horrifying that the Atlas [in Standard] keeps resetting every league. And to add even more insult, now we have to grind a TON before getting any kind of useful map drops. I'm not getting anywhere near T15 this time around. All my maps are low tier garbage. The game is absurdly grindy and unfun and there's no point in playing only low tier maps forever. Are we going to have to regrind for these watchstones every 3 months? Cuz if that is the case, I will never reach red maps again, or do any end game content worth a sht.
i would say remove elem/phys reflect to be proportionally instead of % so we dont get 1 shotted by with those mods instead doing a various amount of damage.
40% phs damage reduction + endurance charges ruin any attempt on the map if you play phys or especially bleed
I can't run my Aul for example because of that (and some other scarry mods like onslaught)
Thank you very much for the clarifications!

I am very happy to hear that you are going to address the immunity issues for poison, bleed and ignite.

I for one have always felt reflect map is kinda the same as not being able to run the map for a lot of builds.
just allow 1 map sustane
Are we going to be able to use Shaper/Elder scarabs in conquerors influenced maps? (run double-influenced maps)

Any plans to make these scarabs more useful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info