Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

This league is on Wolcen's level, trash
Stop clowning around and learn to game design
I think, that's great... so far, Delirium really has been a disappointment for me ( maybe because you guys spoiled me so much with Metamorph, which I absolutely loved !!! )
But of course, I am also not high level yet... please don't misunderstand, I absolutely appreciate your ( GGG ) creativity and listening to your players...My biggest pain so far, is running back and picking up all the good items ( which you addressed ), so Thank you :)

yay
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
All these attempts to make the game challenging for the meta players has really turned me off from the game. You struggle to make meaningful challenges for players so instead you make the entire game more difficult for everyone. The only issue is that the top players will stay at the same level of power because they understand your game's numbers far better than you. Constantly getting one shot and then having you explain it to me as "we aren't trying to hurt you, we are trying to hurt the 1%" doesn't instill confidence like you think it does. Make more late game challenges for difficulty instead of trying to take old content that people expect to consistently clear and making it 4x more difficult. Oh well, time to go play your competitors' games since they seem to understand one shots don't make arpg's fun.
"
Performance
It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet, but are investigating and will fix it. This is a high priority and we're really sorry that it was released like that. We were unaware of the issue from our internal testing but became quickly aware of it upon launch.

My god! Please start your investigation from sound processing please.
Ppl detected set sound to false not disable in config file improved performance massively a long time ago!

"
Visibility
We have various ideas to improve visibility such as investigating improving colour grading, adding clearer effects to monsters with mods, improving skill effects and so on. We don't know exactly which set of these experiments will be deployed yet, but we do want to make it easier to see what's going on. Expect to see some improvements soon.

Please read some feedback in https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fixn98/ggg_i_would_like_to_introduce_you_to_a_little/

The visibility become worse and worse each league, it's really a big problem to the game right now!

I feel that the fight become a mess of effects now, really want to have a question to GGG designer:
"Do GGG designers really play the game? Try what they created to make sure it work properly?"
"
KillerOwen wrote:
I appreciate the time taking the address these changes, but I still feel very underwhelmed by these changes. I'm hopeful these changes will make it fun and bearable to do the league content, but from what I've read I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm in the same boat. A little tweak isn't going to bring me back to the mirrors. Getting 1 shot without seeing the telegraph? I don't even know if half of the 1 shots I suffer even HAVE telegraphs.
"
Item Drop Vacuuming: No, sorry!

Sorry, no sorry PepeLaugh
I think you misunderstood the "damage" issue, GGG. Maybe I'm wrong, but was anyone squishy to the normal melee?

My 100+ deaths were from the one-shot and on-death mechanics. As a Flicker, I have to be tough enough for melee, but as a league start my life should be sufficient for mapping T3 without having to buy gear, since I have no money.

Sounds like I'm going to have to skip this whole league. For the record, I've played Flicker to 90+ several times, and by end of league I've never died as many times as I have in this league at only T3.
I'm sorry but you guys are majorly missing the mark on this one. There are a ton of problems with the league. I'm 4 days into the league and really losing the motivation to play.

Here's my feedback:
- League mechanic is not rewarding at all. Pushing a Delirium all the way to the boss (Level 6-7) and getting 5-8 rare rings feels HORRIBLE. Especially compared to Metamorph (A league I LOVED).
- Considering how the entire map is consumed - it's boring to fight the same monsters - in the same patterns over and over again. I'm already getting tired of it. What would be great are unique mobs, variety of monsters in Delirium and maybe clickable chests for extra rewards? Like legion chests?
- The workflow of Delirium is to rush rush rush and then you're forced to go back through the map and loot everything. I found the manifesto's wording kind of insulting to long term players. I know what a loot filter is and even with expert knowledge of the game lost time looting in Deliriums (not like the rewards I miss out on matter anyway). You can't vacuum? Fine. But figure something out - nobody wants to backtrack through a map. There has to be a more intelligent way of pushing players to rush and not have to slog through the map back tracking.

I was surprised by the tone of this manifesto and the disregard for player feedback. That's not like you guys. I hope you make these much more fun and rewarding! Like usual!
1. Nerfing delirium monster is deadly but tuning a bit their skills and attack could be ok. I saw some streamer manage to survive in Simulacrum up to 19 waves and fog monster just fine. The only thing is killing them is FPS drop and lag. One thing I have noticed is the attack animation of the monster because all their attack are grey and black which blended into the fog colour.

2. Reward system need to improve a bit, maybe increase the number of delirium pack or slow down the fog movement. Maybe you guys can add a mod "Delirium fog stays in the map".

3. Fixed FPS plz

That all. I always enjoying all of your 3.0 league since Harbinger. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info