Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

I can't wait to see the new ground effects and the improved performance.
Thanks GGG for listening to useful feedbacks :)
"
Grendahl wrote:
Ok, you can go back to explaining why $40 broke the bank on a video game in 2020....is that really all it cost? I've spent more than that on this F2P

It actually cost I think $25 before release, and was on sale a few times for $15. I don't know if it was listed as cheaper than that but they did announce they were hiking the price when the game was going to be released. Anyways $40 is the final price (for now) they did announce free expansions etc but time will only tell.
"
Item Drop Vacuuming: No, sorry!

The reality is, if you don't solve this problem, the league is a failure, full stop. I'm not sure I buy the "we can't drop that many items in one place" reasoning given that drop vacuuming is in place for 6-node delves. Either way, right now players' options are:

-Stop to pick up loot and risk dying to death effects and straggling rare mobs.
-Kill stragglers, wait for death effects to finish, then pick up loot and quickly run out of time.
-Ignore loot and backtrack later.

The first option is not viable, and if you can't vacuum items to facilitate the third option, then the only fix is to enable the second, which means removing the delirium timer. Really, this solves every issue, including the interactions with past content, as well as the hugely disadvantageous indoor layouts (e.g. Maze map).
No change to map drops rate.

No improvements to rewards.

No functional improvements.
You guys are amazing, not because you never make mistakes; but because you own up to them and try to fix them.

Thanks for the info! Love the league
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
ty GGG !
POG
Great job GGG!

I am SO thankful for all the hard work you guys put into PoE. Unnrivaled really.

Also, it makes me so sad to se all the 'fans' who act so entitled and write 'fix this u mf:er' etc.

People and fellow exiles; you should be thankful for what GGG has created for us.

Thanks again and AWESOME artwork. Really, really fucking badass. Keep doing your thing.

Love from Sweden
I'll preface this comment by saying I am not a very good player. I dislike mapping so I tend to go back and play a new build by the time I reach level 80, but I did want to offer my perspective.

I personally like the mechanic. I had PC issues at the weekend so I am only now at T3 maps, but I am not having the issues that a lot seem to be with Delirium.

Having said that, I don't push really hard to get to the end of the map, so my loot stack is normally only around the 4 or 5 mark, and I just back off once it gets too hard for my (not very good) build. I also just pick up loot as I go, so I don't have the backtracking issues that others seem to have.

I know mine is not the "optimal" way to play if you're trying to get as much currency as possible, but then again I am having fun, which is why I play games, so it suits MY needs.

I am NOT telling you that you need to play like me (that would be a terrible idea), or that your complaints are not valid, I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of different types of players out there and GGG needs to appeal to as many of them as possible, so bear in mind that there could be a fair percentage that are relatively happy with how the league works.

Of course more loot is always nice, so I won't complain if GGG ups the drop rate :-)
Thanks for the report.
I'll be back once the performance issue is worked out. Currently it's almost impossible to play.
No fun is allowed (GGG, 2020).
You guys are SO defiant.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info