[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

update for 3.19? or is the same and nothing changed
it got a little nerf due to the ailment nerf on explosive arrow.
other than that all is the same
I am lvl 75 and my dmg is a little weak. What are the best gem links for this build? So far i have EA, ballista totem, faster attacks, brutality, and chance to bleed. are those optimal? and what should 6th link be? thanks!

Oh and how important is rain of splinters jewel?
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:
I am lvl 75 and my dmg is a little weak. What are the best gem links for this build? So far i have EA, ballista totem, faster attacks, brutality, and chance to bleed. are those optimal? and what should 6th link be? thanks!

if you can get enough attack speed from other source try to replace attack speed support with something else like deadly ailments
for the 6th link you can use Efficacy or Lifetab to get around mana cost

also note for the bleed the damage is coming from the Bow not the gem level so you need to have a good bow with high physical damage
"
ebadr wrote:
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:

if you can get enough attack speed from other source try to replace attack speed support with something else like deadly ailments

also note for the bleed the damage is coming from the Bow not the gem level so you need to have a good bow with high physical damage

Wow, thank you for the help. I'm using Crimson Storm at lvl 76... should I be changing to high phys bow at this point? Also wondering if it is worthwhile to try to make a run for bow clusters by Ranger side of the tree. I'm running a scion, currently have the Champion ascendancy/start point.

Thanks again!
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:
"
ebadr wrote:
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:

Wow, thank you for the help. I'm using Crimson Storm at lvl 76... should I be changing to high phys bow at this point? Also wondering if it is worthwhile to try to make a run for bow clusters by Ranger side of the tree. I'm running a scion, currently have the Champion ascendancy/start point.

Thanks again!

Well depending on your budget. High end bleed bow will always be better
To be honest I didn't play this build for a while as it was shadowed by the ignite version of EA (which uses to the same concept as this build so I maybe the first to make a EA guide using totems for ailments :) )

but if you still want to go the bleed path as change of pace you can check my PoB as it still gets to about 2m dps with tabula and trash gear
some points to look out for:
- do you have "The Siege"? if not do you have 100% bleed chance
- do you have enough attack speed and enough totems to reach 20 arrows during EA effect duration
- are you using Ensnaring Arrow on bosses

generally it is not worth it to go to the right side as the left side has most of the physical damage over time multi and faster bleeding
[/quote]

Well depending on your budget. High end bleed bow will always be better
To be honest I didn't play this build for a while as it was shadowed by the ignite version of EA (which uses to the same concept as this build so I maybe the first to make a EA guide using totems for ailments :) )

but if you still want to go the bleed path as change of pace you can check my PoB as it still gets to about 2m dps with tabula and trash gear
some points to look out for:
- do you have "The Siege"? if not do you have 100% bleed chance
- do you have enough attack speed and enough totems to reach 20 arrows during EA effect duration
- are you using Ensnaring Arrow on bosses

generally it is not worth it to go to the right side as the left side has most of the physical damage over time multi and faster bleeding[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm using "The Siege" with kineticism, and yeah my attk speed should be ~20 arrows. Haven't been using ensnaring arrow but ill give it a shot. I tried a 490 dps phys bow in place of the unique one but didn't help a whole lot. not sure what im doing wrong but build is feeling a little lackluster in t5-7 maps already...
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm using "The Siege" with kineticism, and yeah my attk speed should be ~20 arrows. Haven't been using ensnaring arrow but ill give it a shot. I tried a 490 dps phys bow in place of the unique one but didn't help a whole lot. not sure what im doing wrong but build is feeling a little lackluster in t5-7 maps already...

ensnaring arrow is huge for stationary targets that you cannot knockback.
maybe if you can share your PoB I can take a look
"
ebadr wrote:
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:

https://pastebin.com/fzJQmWjC

ty
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:
"
ebadr wrote:
"
ReggieBoykins wrote:

https://pastebin.com/fzJQmWjC

ty

the PoB seems invalid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info