Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

I can understand nerfing too powerful damage options, but nerfing reasonable defensive layers is just braindead design. This happens every league, you make it really hard to defend the game sometimes. And NO, it was not 'little tp no investment' going for a GB or a DF setup, you sacrificed a lot of damage potential to be able to actually survive the clusterfuck which happens on the screen and also Single Target potential. Oh well.

Path of Glass cannnons.
Very modest nerfs sofar it seems. Pity stuff like vaal impurities gets changed for like the 10 people in standard that have the currency (hundreds of exalts) to actually run those builds, while the average joe would never come close. Then again, the average player wont notice the change too much most likely.
"
Souleus wrote:
"
Acemont wrote:
Oh for fuck sake.................
Every. Single. Fucking. League GGG goes - look at all this pretties! And here goes the *SLAP*! Every. Single. Time.... fuck...

The lesson is super obvious. If you don't want 'your' build to be nerfed, make it 'your' build and not the same as everyone else. I've been playing ~3 self designed builds per league since open beta and have one char in standard that is no longer viable due to nerfs.

While I agree in general, this game has become complicated with lots of mechanics affecting others so nerfs to op stuff sometimes end up nerfing other things as well. For example; i played with elemental warding (provided through geofri's devotion) which was buffed in 3.11 and viable for red map clear for the first time ever. Now with proj weakness no longer being multi target and the skill having limited scaling options since it is an item provided skill it is effectively a 44% damage nerf for map clear (not bosses).
"
benDammit wrote:
I can understand nerfing too powerful damage options, but nerfing reasonable defensive layers is just braindead design. This happens every league, you make it really hard to defend the game sometimes. And NO, it was not 'little tp no investment' going for a GB or a DF setup, you sacrificed a lot of damage potential to be able to actually survive the clusterfuck which happens on the screen and also Single Target potential. Oh well.

Path of Glass cannnons.

If you don't want to die a single time, yes it feels bad when they nerf defensive layers.

but for the main game, normalcore/softcore, It WAS an issue. Divine flesh and glancing blows both gave innormous defensive layers for very little effort. Double your block chance, take only 50% damage from blocked hits, Then Also combined with gain 5% es or life each block, The damage reduction was crazy.
great, ty ;)
i'm ok when they nerf super OP 100 mil dps bulds. i understand that

but when they nerf defensive layers that isnt OP and that allow us to try and to play more interesting new builds cause chars can survive and now they take this opportunity and that chars would feel squishy AF now

GGG, do you even play your own game?
or you just dumbly check poe ninja ststs and make NO ONE asked and NO ONE wanted changes?

ok
first time im gonna skip next league
FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE i dont care about new league, i dont want to play slot machine dumb game anymore (after so fun deterministic crafting) first time in my life i have 0 ZERO excitment about new league...

honestly devs are completely out of touch wtf is going on in the game in the meta and in the community

instead of balancing and giving community opportunity to play 400 interesting builds they force us to play 4 noone asked builds every new league

they really think that 3-4 meta builds every league is better than 400 actual fun to play BALANCED builds. and they FORCE us to move from one 3-4 builds in one league to another 3-4 builds on another league. not adding new shit. no. they KILL previous fun and FORCE us to move to another they wanted (not we wanted) fun.
and they fail even in this tactics cause remember how many leagues (or years) for example necro was op and always in meta.
what a joke.

i swear a little more of BS in this game and im gonna completely drop it. sadly we dont have any ANY other good competitive game in this area
Last edited by BlackBlackRainbow on Sep 15, 2020, 2:04:03 AM
"
i'm ok when they nerf super OP 100 mil dps bulds. i understand that

but when they nerf defensive layers that isnt OP and that allow us to try and to play more interesting new builds cause chars can survive and now they take this opportunity and that chars would feel squishy AF now

GGG, do you even play your own game?
or you just dumbly check poe ninja ststs and make NO ONE asked and NO ONE wanted changes?

ok
first time im gonna skip next league
FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE i dont care about new league, i dont want to play slot machine dumb game anymore (after so fun deterministic crafting) first time in my life i have 0 ZERO excitment about new league...

honestly devs are completely out of touch wtf is going on in the game in the meta and in the community

instead of balancing and giving community opportunity to play 400 interesting builds they force us to play 4 noone asked builds every new league

they really think that 3-4 meta builds every league is better than 400 actual fun to play BALANCED builds.
what a joke.

i swear a little more of BS in this game and im gonna completely drop it. sadly we dont have any ANY other good competitive game in this area

Build diversity is pretty dead since many leagues because of clueless balance
Trading still sucks
"
thep10xer wrote:
"
benDammit wrote:

Path of Glass cannnons.

If you don't want to die a single time, yes it feels bad when they nerf defensive layers.

but for the main game, normalcore/softcore, It WAS an issue. Divine flesh and glancing blows both gave innormous defensive layers for very little effort. Double your block chance, take only 50% damage from blocked hits, Then Also combined with gain 5% es or life each block, The damage reduction was crazy.

You had to build around them and sacrifice a ton of damage, it was very much balanced. Now I'm not sure of building any defense and just run around with a glass cannon.

They do this on purpose, the league mechanic doesn't let you to take any stuff if you die, so builds with high defenses will fluorish on higher tier heists.
"
thep10xer wrote:
"
benDammit wrote:

Path of Glass cannnons.

it allow us to try new good builds outside of dumb 4 meta builds box

it WASNT enormous and that mechanics didnt make unreal unkillable god mode chars.
if you like drop 100 bodies at enemy gameplay, a lot of ppl dont like that. especially on HC XD
GGG, stop nerfing things and #MakeHarvestCore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info