Bear Trap

The character sheet shows the same stat set for all skills, as such it can't handle skills that are technically spells (due to not being attacks) but deal non-spell damage.

The actual skill popup will show the correct damage, because that's different and customised to each skill, so knows which stats to look at.
To clarify, Bear trap can crit, it is physical, and it is neither an attack nor a spell?

So I can't block it, I can't spell block it, its damage cuts through armor, where does the counterplay come into effect in PvP? Hope they don't throw it under your feet?
its physical, so armor defends against it.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
its physical, so armor defends against it.

A high level bear trap (1k-1.5k ish damage) after a crit of 400% (some builds hit upwards of 700% Crit modifiers) hits hard enough to ignore even granite flasks.
Last edited by DiscOH on Jan 27, 2013, 1:31:30 AM
To add to the confusion, the dmg value on the gem is at 100%, but since the trap has 150% dmgeffectivness the real value (mouseover on the skillbar) is 150% of that. So you basically have 3 possible dmgvalues, with one fake, one actual and one base.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The character sheet shows the same stat set for all skills, as such it can't handle skills that are technically spells (due to not being attacks) but deal non-spell damage.

The actual skill popup will show the correct damage, because that's different and customised to each skill, so knows which stats to look at.

this is way too confusing. When I put on spell damage wands modifiers it clearly affected bear trap skill popup. same as spell crit chance/spell dmg multiplier on the character sheet.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
yep just tested it. the tool tip lies. does not scale with spell dmg.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
So what is the best way to increase its damage? Besides the trap passives..
uniques with "increased physical damage" that isn't on weapons or say weapons and thus are global/general.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
uniques with "increased physical damage" that isn't on weapons or say weapons and thus are global/general.

Ah I see now, like Haste aura. So pretty much just item mods with "increased physical damage" and Haste will boost Bear Trap.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info