[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

Hi Deadandlivin,

Just wanted to thank you for this build. I've just "arrived" to the map stage, and even though my Necromancer is SUPER squishy, I took your "never stop moving" to heart. Ultimatums are touch and go, as long as I keep running in circles.

I don't even have the low budget gear sorted.
I don't even have a 5 link (LOL).
I don't even have the carrion golem set up in the helm (still unable to create the proper sockets).
I don't even have the zombies linked properly.
I'm still using shit spectres.
And most of my gear is still lvl 50ish...

But man I'm destroying bosses, finished act 10 deathless, I've just run my second juiced map (tier 2 :P), and mobs are just melting.

10/10 recommend. A lot of fun for people who love summons.
Last edited by LBC_Immortality on Apr 19, 2021, 4:30:24 AM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
Great build, i'm trying it right now.. lvl 84 already !

I got like 4 ex now ~

Can you check me out and tell me what i should put efforts in upgrading now?
Gems/Jewels/Items/Etc (What ever will make me stronger quick)
and also if i did mistakes :)

Hey! Your build is starting to look good. I see that you've already started to transition into cold which is great. (I'm still running pure Phys, waiting for prices on Skin of the Loyal to drop)

Your absolute biggest priority right now is to make your Triad Grips 4 green. This is extremely important to make the cold conversion work. You're currently running 2 green, 2 blue which only allows 50% of the dmg to be cold.

This will make you lose Convocation which feels kinda bad. If you absolutely want to run convocation I would swap out Frost Bomb for it I think. Especially if you haven't done the Uber Lab yet as it means Frost Bomb only gives -15% cold resistance and not -40% since the ascendency provides -25% extra.

For upgrades I would just pull the bandage and get Primordial Jewels asap.
They WILL continue to rise in price everyday. Don't make the mistake of wanting to buy them at a later date when they're cheaper. It's not uncommon for Mights to peak at ~320 chaos so get your Anima Stone and Might ASAP.
I bought 2 mights for 50 chaos each on day 2 this league.

Once you have those jewels I would go for boots -> Skin of the Loyal -> +3 Helm -> 21 spectre gem -> Trigger Wand + Frostbite ring -> 21 Golem Gem -> Amulet -> Cluster Jewels -> Medium budget AG

Something like that, it's hard to tell. I personally don't follow a strict upgrade path, I usually just go with the flow and buy what I feel like.
I personally have a tendency to push my last itteration of a build as much as I can farming dozens of exalteds and when I feel it's getting iffy, I upgrade everything in one swoop.

But if you manage to fix your gloves the build is really going to start come together.

wow man that was awesome review !!!!!
I am gonna fix some stuff and meanwhile i got might and skin :)
i keep upgrading and buying what i can :)
HOT TIP:

Buy the body armour I'm using with the same colors early on. I bought it in Act5. Literally 1 chaos chest and I'm still using it in yellow maps. This is unless you've transitioned to cold which I haven't yet. I'll put spectres in chest and golems in helm once I make the transition.

Last edited by Deadandlivin on Apr 19, 2021, 5:10:26 AM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Kaevar wrote:
How do you guys feel about your survivability? I am 4100 HP, 500 ES and pitiful amount of armor, but capped res. And I die very often, especially during Ultimatums. I am running with phasing/Quicksilver/Dash constantly, but sometimes I just get bursted down in 1 second. It happens too often it feels to me.

Ultimatum's are really rippy.
I don't have any problem with them so far though, I just run around in a circle and cast curse/Storm Brand occasionally in the middle. I've had 3 deaths this league, all to Ultimatums because of random oneshots when I've flamed dash into a group, gotten stunned and onetapped.
I always go all the way against ultimatums. This will be the strategy the entire league and we'll try to scale our damage to make our minions keep stuff off from us.

I haven't reached red maps yet, I'll see how it looks then but I think it'll get easier as the damage starts to scale cause I already find them very easy.

Here's a video of me running Ultimatum's at T8 maps, this is how you're supposed to play them. Keep in mind my gear is absolute garbage:
Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=174cjGr1Fsc

I took a look at your gear and specc btw.
Your spectres are 3-linked right now making them borderline useless. You need to atleast a 5-link for them ASAP. Put feeding frenzy on your zombies, they're support minions who deal zero damage eitherway.

Also, you need to spend 1 skill tree point into Elemental Equilibirum since you've already gone through with scaling cold conversion.
Also, you should sort your flasks out asap, you need a Basalt Flask immediately to help with your phys damage reduction.

You're also running Necromancer which is quite squishy compared to Elementalist early on, but if fix the above stuff I think you'll be fine.
Try to follow the gem links I suggested as close as possible.

hey man, thx a lot for going through my char. I am struggling with gem colors, zombie colors were lower priority than others. As for Spectres, They still clear very fast for where I am, but maybe I cna get the cheap 5-link with how common they are now. Skin of the Loyal is too expensive for now
"
Kaevar wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Kaevar wrote:
How do you guys feel about your survivability? I am 4100 HP, 500 ES and pitiful amount of armor, but capped res. And I die very often, especially during Ultimatums. I am running with phasing/Quicksilver/Dash constantly, but sometimes I just get bursted down in 1 second. It happens too often it feels to me.

Ultimatum's are really rippy.
I don't have any problem with them so far though, I just run around in a circle and cast curse/Storm Brand occasionally in the middle. I've had 3 deaths this league, all to Ultimatums because of random oneshots when I've flamed dash into a group, gotten stunned and onetapped.
I always go all the way against ultimatums. This will be the strategy the entire league and we'll try to scale our damage to make our minions keep stuff off from us.

I haven't reached red maps yet, I'll see how it looks then but I think it'll get easier as the damage starts to scale cause I already find them very easy.

Here's a video of me running Ultimatum's at T8 maps, this is how you're supposed to play them. Keep in mind my gear is absolute garbage:
Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=174cjGr1Fsc

I took a look at your gear and specc btw.
Your spectres are 3-linked right now making them borderline useless. You need to atleast a 5-link for them ASAP. Put feeding frenzy on your zombies, they're support minions who deal zero damage eitherway.

Also, you need to spend 1 skill tree point into Elemental Equilibirum since you've already gone through with scaling cold conversion.
Also, you should sort your flasks out asap, you need a Basalt Flask immediately to help with your phys damage reduction.

You're also running Necromancer which is quite squishy compared to Elementalist early on, but if fix the above stuff I think you'll be fine.
Try to follow the gem links I suggested as close as possible.

hey man, thx a lot for going through my char. I am struggling with gem colors, zombie colors were lower priority than others. As for Spectres, They still clear very fast for where I am, but maybe I cna get the cheap 5-link with how common they are now. Skin of the Loyal is too expensive for now

I suggest getting gear close to what I have. I paid ~1 chaos for most of those pieces. The 3-res unset ring was like ~10 chaos.
Check the post you replied too to see my gear.
It's hot garbage.
When looking for the items, look for them already colored and linked, helps alot.
Hi,

First, thank you for the nice and most complete guide ever made :) It's my very first summoner character (playing since Synthesis league) and it's kinda smooth once you get used to it.

Just one thing that bothers me, seeing your gear.

Right now, I'm using your lightning elementalist version. Which works fine except maybe the squeashiness of the slave driver spectres.

I've just reached maps (about Tier 5 now, level 81 or so) and I don't get what I should do about my gear. I mean I'm trying to transition to your low budget version, as I've bought my triad grip (4 greens), and I also got clayshaper, victario's charity.

Can I transition into your cold conversion low budget ? And should I socket my spectres in my chest (buying a 6-link like tabula rasa) or should I buy your cheap helmet (+2 minions, +1000 to spectres' life) and still running with my carrion golem in the chest ?

I hope it's clear enough and I thank you in advance.
I have another question. Got a nice Abyss Jewel with Life, minion taunt and minion blind. Is that worth putting in the Stygian for extra survivability or should I just move to the one with %dmg after minion skill use?
"
killeca wrote:
Hi,

First, thank you for the nice and most complete guide ever made :) It's my very first summoner character (playing since Synthesis league) and it's kinda smooth once you get used to it.

Just one thing that bothers me, seeing your gear.

Right now, I'm using your lightning elementalist version. Which works fine except maybe the squeashiness of the slave driver spectres.

I've just reached maps (about Tier 5 now, level 81 or so) and I don't get what I should do about my gear. I mean I'm trying to transition to your low budget version, as I've bought my triad grip (4 greens), and I also got clayshaper, victario's charity.

Can I transition into your cold conversion low budget ? And should I socket my spectres in my chest (buying a 6-link like tabula rasa) or should I buy your cheap helmet (+2 minions, +1000 to spectres' life) and still running with my carrion golem in the chest ?

I hope it's clear enough and I thank you in advance.

The lightning elementalist is only a substitute for day 1 of the league when we couldn't access the Operatives, or simply just for leveling. Slave Drivers are super squishy which is why you can't progress with them in maps. They're also inferior to SO.

You want to swap to Carrion + SO as fast as possible, it will boost your build alot. It's great that you already got the gloves, you should transition into cold conversion asap.

I would suggest that you get a cheap 5-link, Ambus Charge is great and costs 1 chaos. I would also use Golems in chest and spectres in head until we're able to get a proper 6-link and helm.

Look at the gear I'm using and use the same helm and body armour early on. It will seriously carry you into red maps.

For links use:

Helm: Spectre - Minion Dmg - Elemental dmg with attacks/Vicious Proj - GMP
If you get 2blue/red/green use EDWAT, if you get 2blue/2green use vicious proj.

Chest: Carrion Golem - Min dmg - Multistrike - Melee phys - Elemental dmg with attacks (3 red, 2 blue).
If you make this swap you will feel the power difference.

EDIT: A blind and Taunt jewel with life is a very nice defensive option early on if you put it into a stygian vise.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Apr 19, 2021, 9:31:14 AM
Hey Deadandlivin,
I just wanted to take a minute out of my work day to thank you for this build. I played all weekend and have been really enjoying the increments in power as my gear starts coming together. I was just able to transition to trigger wand late last night and unfortunately cant run equilibrium till i replace it with a different one, but it still feels great!! (currently in low tier red). Loving the blade vortex curse application- especially with the league content. Cant wait to see what this build can do as I complete mid budget and work towards high. Thank you thank you!

So I was wondering if someone could look at my build. I've been comparing my PoB with the Low Budget one and I've getting no where near the numbers the Low Version PoB shows. (i've tried a few different combo. of gear/skills/ect) My DPS feels MUCH higher than what PoB shows So i've confused.

My PoB (has the LB Tree in tabs along with LB Armor in the Armor drop down) = https://pastebin.com/3SrQStrs

( I have a clayshaper That i've waiting to get the correct colors on atm and i know I still need some gem levels)
I was looking thru the numbers and my avg hit is still at least half of what it should be. I've noticed in the LB PoB that Master of Discord is Procing, but on my PoB it's not. Even when I slot in Frost Bomb which seems to be the source in the LB version.

I was trying to figure out what the best DPS upgrade might be. I have another 1ex to put into it. I was thinking of going clusters, or buying more jewels.

So far I'm loving this build! Haven't been dying to much YET. One thing I'd like to see is a bit more of a breakdown for the low level stuff and "what to run" if we can't afford a 4/5 link, or a path of upgrade type thing. Also a mechanics for the lower budget build. (where the dps comes from, what order to cast in ect). The PoB for the Low budget version has that but nothing is explained as far as what gem to drop and I had to use some trial and error. Thank you for the guide none the less. It's insanely detailed. I personally just had a hard time figuring out the transition to the higher end which seems like it's described in much greater detail.

Edit: Also had a question about Dash. Is there any problem with switching it to Flame Dash instead?(assuming its not on the gloves?) I figured it'd help with applying EB, plus i have a cool mtx for it lol.
Last edited by Tree1 on Apr 19, 2021, 11:36:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info