Remote Mine

"
Valnar01 wrote:
"
Revolutionary wrote:
how does remote mine work when linked with lightning trap and multiple traps?

You spawn a mine that when triggered spawns three traps as a line in a random direction if there is room enough. If there isn't room enough (such as an environment wall) less traps will spawn.

A big thing to note is that as others said mine damage stacks with trap damage and so you can get pretty ridiculous damage at the cost of being able to throw your traps.

I have tested remote with lightning trap (without multiple traps), and the trap is not thrown in a random direction or placed at the mine location. It is thrown at an enemy in the mine trigger range when the mine is detonated.

However, this behavior is not consistent across other spells, and the devs have yet to respond / clarify anything in the bug forums.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549336
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/563456
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/662616
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Needs to be reduced to 3 mines. Damage scales waaay too high.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
h3rp3s wrote:

If you consider the fact that:

1) The mine must be placed underneath your feet
2) There's a setup delay

Then the bonus damage is made up by inconvenience in positioning. Additionally, non-mined abilities can be spammed in the duration that the setup is occurring. So the DPS probably balances out in most cases.
"
994125010 wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:

If you consider the fact that:

1) The mine must be placed underneath your feet
2) There's a setup delay

Then the bonus damage is made up by inconvenience in positioning. Additionally, non-mined abilities can be spammed in the duration that the setup is occurring. So the DPS probably balances out in most cases.

No the skill needs to have the modifier "MORE" changed to increased that is the only way I see to balance this skill. Balance scales too high I mean 100K EK for reals..
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Feb 24, 2014, 10:05:33 AM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
No the skill needs to have the modifier "MORE" changed to increased that is the only way I see to balance this skill. Balance scales too high I mean 100K EK for reals..

Most damage supports give 'more', with no real downsides besides increased mana cost and using up a support slot. Look at Added Fire Damage for instance. Remote Mine on the other hand has two significant downsides: you've got to spend extra time detonating it, and you don't choose the target. I think that justifies a highish multiplier.

Where it gets a little cheesy is not with EK as such, but when linked with minions or totems, where the added inconvenience of Remote Mine is practically nil.
mine laying speed is extremely effective on remote mine build

My remote mine EK build have 48% laying speed (38% from passive, 10% from 20Q remote mine)
and the playstyle just like self-casted EK with high casting speed (0.4~0.5s per cast) and huge damage

now my Lv 18 EK linked with added fire dmg - increased projectile speed - remote mine
dealing avg. 7370 total spell dmg (dps around 18K) , one shot killing every trash mobs in 70 map

passive trees
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABH4FQgX5B2MI9A5IEZYRwhXwGYYZihqPGtsc3B6UHvAjXyP2JDwnqSmlLJwtHy2DL286WDqzQZZEq0YrRnFJUUp9TC1OKk6bVa5WLVb6VytaSFptW69bu2KsZ6BtGW-ecFFwu3NTeQN-sH_GghCCHoMJhxmHdot6j6aTJ5cGm7Wdqp3Zn3ugQ6EioqOnK6dcrD-sR6x_rrO0DLd1wFTB88M6xKLKStad2FTZE9ng2wvcV90N37DhiOOE7g7uFe_w9tr5Y_sJ_MU=

video
http://youtu.be/VghpvtTy94Y

Last edited by SnowingAsh on May 6, 2014, 11:11:44 PM

Any update if Multiple Traps + Remote Mine targeting is getting fixed?

I tried this combo in my unique Deerstalkers boots with some randoms spells and HOLY POTATOES does the targeting suck!

Traps sometimes line up behind you or left/right from you but almost never in front of you, towards the enemy.

Even Remote Mine + single Trap supported spell had had bad targeting.

I hope this gets fixed, plus the like mentioned before in this thread Firestorm for example should be cast at a nearby enemy after detonating, not always targeting the Mine location self.

p.s. great to see traps got love after 1 year of nagging ggg employees xD
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
"
Starball wrote:

Any update if Multiple Traps + Remote Mine targeting is getting fixed?

I tried this combo in my unique Deerstalkers boots with some randoms spells and HOLY POTATOES does the targeting suck!

From experience, it's a problem with the targeting system used for mines and traps and the result depends entirely on the specific spell/attack your trap or mine is supportig.

Examples:

-Ice Spear from a trap will be shot in a random direction.

-Arctic Breath from a trap will explode on the triggering mob, even with LMP (I guess having large projectiles helps since there's a larger hitbox).

-Bow skills seem the most unpredictable. Some work fine from a Mine OR from a Trap but when you add both Mine AND Trap they shoot in a random direction.

I'm guessing that it's a problem with the hitboxes being really small and the projectile coming exactly from the same spot where the target is, causing collision detection shenanigans.
If that's the case, overriding the detection with an auto-hit if the source is a trap should be enough.

I hope this will be fixed somehow since a lot of skills are a nightmare to land with traps/mines.
Last edited by Darkwings83 on Jun 11, 2014, 9:00:39 PM
Do the passive nodes that increase mine damage, increase minion damage if im summoning them through remote mine? and if it does, how is it calculated? for example 9% increased mine damage is calculated as 9% increased minion damage in this case?
"
Nevski8989 wrote:
Do the passive nodes that increase mine damage, increase minion damage if im summoning them through remote mine? and if it does, how is it calculated? for example 9% increased mine damage is calculated as 9% increased minion damage in this case?
yes, it is 1 to 1... until the new leagues and thier respective patch comes out, then mine passives (most likely) won't apply to the minions.

if it still applies due to people/myself misreading announcements, then it'll still apply but only if the support gem is still in the chain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info