[3.15] Gryph's Burning Vengeance! Cast on Crit Bladefall + Blade Blast!

This is not a league starter build. It costs a mirror for almost all of the required pieces.

If you want a good leaguestarter, play scion exsanguinate - it was tanky as hell, did all content, and only cost 5-10 ex to get going.
Last edited by Kadamose on Jun 2, 2021, 4:40:41 PM
"
Kadamose wrote:
This is not a league starter build. It costs a mirror for almost all of the required pieces.

If you want a good leaguestarter, play scion exsanguinate - it was tanky as hell, did all content, and only cost 5-10 ex to get going.

Thanks! Will look into it)
"
Kadamose wrote:

I mean...

I'm planning to league start with it. :P Just because the gear that I have now is expensive doesn't mean it won't work on lesser budgets.

All that you need for the build to *work* are:

-Eye of Innocence for self hitting
-Replica Reckless Defense or Sunspite boots for Chance to BE ignited.
-A staff with links and mods. Obviously a Martyr is BIS and recommended. For league starter you can use 5L Div Card and Vengeance Gem. Turns out, Bladefall does a lot of damage on its own. But really, shouldn't be hard to get a 5L Martyr in first couple days.
-Ngamahu's Sign ring for the life gain on ignite.

That's it. That's all you *need*

All that said I might not recommend it as a league starter build unless you really know what you're doing and how to approach it. You could definitely play my Exsanguinate Scion as a league starter (designed to be a league starter) and respec later though.

My build guide for the Exsanguinate Scion

Also worth mentioning, for league starter I am planning to go Assassin + Champion for this. lack of available gear makes these both very well rounded choices. Assassin giving a nice chunk of crit chance, PC generation, and free elusive while Champion gives a free source of Fortify and some damage via taunt mechanics in the ascendancy. Using Pure Talent for some extra crit on shadow start is also an option with this. I'll go full block with Bone Offering when I've crafted a decent chest. They are pretty easy to make though thankfully.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 2, 2021, 6:46:13 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Also worth mentioning, for league starter I am planning to go Assassin + Champion for this. lack of available gear makes these both very well rounded choices. Assassin giving a nice chunk of crit chance, PC generation, and free elusive while Champion gives a free source of Fortify and some damage via taunt mechanics in the ascendancy. Using Pure Talent for some extra crit on shadow start is also an option with this. I'll go full block with Bone Offering when I've crafted a decent chest. They are pretty easy to make though thankfully.

I'm also thinking on doing this next league.

Eye of Innocence is probably the hardest part to come by at league start.

I might go self-cast Blade Blast with Scold's CDWT Bladefall initially, or Spellslinger with both.

Have you pushed the build any further since? Would be keen to see your PoB now.
Last edited by CrackAndCat on Jun 3, 2021, 11:12:43 PM
"
CrackAndCat wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I'm also thinking on doing this next league.

Eye of Innocence is probably the hardest part to come by at league start.

I might go self-cast Blade Blast with Scold's CDWT Bladefall initially, or Spellslinger with both.

Have you pushed the build any further since? Would be keen to see your PoB now.

Well, it is no longer a Phoenix only drop. This league the amulet was super cheap within a few days of league start. But yes, I was also thinking to just use Scold's until Eye was readily available.

My leveling strategy for this is to path through the phys nodes->constitution->Relentless->Magmatic Strikes->Avatar of Fire->Elemental Overload->Divine Fury+Judgement. This should be around level 50 or so at that point.

Can use Holy Flame Totem and Explosive Trap to level to 38 pretty easily as they are phys based spells. At 38 swap to self cast BF+BB until maps.

https://pastebin.com/vSh7DEYE

That's my POB as of right now.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 4, 2021, 2:23:44 AM
I know people are going to ask so I'm going to put my initial thoughts here regarding the triggered spell mana costs.

IT'S FINE I PROMISE!

We might want to use Essence Glutton instead of Commander of Darkness if mana costs and consumption are too great. This would help a lot. There are also Enduring mana flasks and Inspiration Support, Reduced mana costs on tree and ring can help a lot as well.

It's fine. We'll wait for the manifesto/patch notes for all the pertinent information.
Hey gryph, loved the vd coc build and was planning on league starting bfbb coc already when i saw u made this guide haha. I tested this on an elementalist last league and it seems strong pretty much right away on set up.

I was thinking of going assassin though for easier access to crit early since i wasnt sure if scion would provide enough, not sure if you had planned out an early version of this yet?

Also my plan is scolds bridle+flesh and stone+effigon early since good accuracy on gear can be a pain. It seems this was quite popular last league but with a crafted blind chest instead of flesh and stone. Once i can craft good gear, i’ll switch to self ignite with eye of innocence sinces its going to be reaaally good if they keep the chill/freeze full immunity on martyr of innocence with the ailment immunity nerfs.

But maybe now that inquistor wont get full ailment immunity, this can be used with scion?

Do you think inspiration support will be necessary or can that slot still be used for conc effect? I was thinking of starting with lvl 1 BF and enduring mana flask to start if i can sustain it fully.
"
Hey gryph, loved the vd coc build and was planning on league starting bfbb coc already when i saw u made this guide haha. I tested this on an elementalist last league and it seems strong pretty much right away on set up.

I was thinking of going assassin though for easier access to crit early since i wasnt sure if scion would provide enough, not sure if you had planned out an early version of this yet?

Also my plan is scolds bridle+flesh and stone+effigon early since good accuracy on gear can be a pain. It seems this was quite popular last league but with a crafted blind chest instead of flesh and stone. Once i can craft good gear, i’ll switch to self ignite with eye of innocence sinces its going to be reaaally good if they keep the chill/freeze full immunity on martyr of innocence with the ailment immunity nerfs.

But maybe now that inquistor wont get full ailment immunity, this can be used with scion?

Do you think inspiration support will be necessary or can that slot still be used for conc effect? I was thinking of starting with lvl 1 BF and enduring mana flask to start if i can sustain it fully.

Well, i'd never want to use conc effect on Blade Blast....

But yeah, you can still start this with Scion and just take Assassin Ascendancy for crit+power charges+Elusive at the beginning. That's what I'm planning to do (that or start with my self cast exsanguinate Scion and respecc later...patch notes pending)

Enduring mana flask and/or some mana reduction gear/inspiration support should make it pretty easy to do.

Patch notes pending! :D
Oh i meant conc effect on blade fall! I was assuming my links would be BF-Cyclone-coc-spellcascade-increased crits-conc effect. At some point i guess we can swap out increased crits for inspiration?
Last edited by SniggidyDiggidy on Jul 17, 2021, 11:12:10 PM
"
Oh i meant conc effect on blade fall! I was assuming my links would be BF-Cyclone-coc-spellcascade-increased crits-conc effect. At some point i guess we can swap out increased crits for inspiration?

Yeah basically that. maybe even inspiration instead of conc effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info