[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

"
dkowalch wrote:
How are you getting frenzy charges in your final POB for LC? I see in the OP you mention chest mod or legion jewel but the final POB doesn't have either.

Min Frenzy Craft / Unveil on Rings and Amulet.

[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Sep 8, 2022, 9:46:06 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
dkowalch wrote:
How are you getting frenzy charges in your final POB for LC? I see in the OP you mention chest mod or legion jewel but the final POB doesn't have either.

Min Frenzy Craft / Unveil on Rings and Amulet.

doh, I am dumb, thanks!
enjoying it so far
Last edited by FrankJones on Sep 9, 2022, 12:09:17 AM
I am currently level 71, but somehow my hits don't seem to shock anything, even though I am running Shaper of Storm.
Arcanist brand/hydrosphere seems to help, but I am not sure how.
You can check my character Juliana if you have tips on what I'm doing wrong/what I should improve upon.
Last edited by Rinoscope on Sep 10, 2022, 10:56:59 AM
"
Rinoscope wrote:
I am currently level 71, but somehow my hits don't seem to shock anything, even though I am running Shaper of Storm.
Arcanist brand/hydrosphere seems to help, but I am not sure how.
You can check my character Juliana if you have tips on what I'm doing wrong/what I should improve upon.

Do note you don't have any non-lightning damage to spells on anything. That means you can't shock. Ever. Get some.

So, I should get some fire damage to spells or cold damage to spells?
Would the ring craft: "add x to y fire and lightning damage" work?

Edit: I bought a cold damage to spell abyss jewel and that seems to have fixed the problem.

You might want to highlight the need for such a thing in your guide, as it's mentioned just in passing, and not as an essential of how you make the build work.
Thanks for the tip though, great guide, I am enjoying myself a lot, despite the state of the league.
Last edited by Rinoscope on Sep 10, 2022, 1:07:43 PM
Why do you recommend avoiding mana modifiers on gear?
"
iAsyrus wrote:
Why do you recommend avoiding mana modifiers on gear?

It raises the cost for Divine Blessing. Not a huge deal, but avoid it if you can.

"
Rinoscope wrote:

You might want to highlight the need for such a thing in your guide, as it's mentioned just in passing, and not as an essential of how you make the build work.

You might want to RTFM. It's mentioned so many times that I can only assume CantripN has repeated himself excessively in a vain attempt to stop people asking exactly this question.

"
CantripN wrote:
Important FAQ:
How am I Shocking for 50-65% if my helmet says I can't Shock with Lightning?
Simple. Elementalist *replaces* the Shock based on the damage with a 15% Base Shock.
This translates to 4 Cold Damage (or Fire/Phys/Chaos...) doing 50/65% Shock each and every hit for this build

Lightning Conduit is built somewhat differently, due to needing constant/reliable Shock, as well as needing % Shock to be as high as possible (even more than usual).

Important Notes for Gear and other things...
0) You'll get confused with this often, so here's a reminder. You can't Shock with Lightning Damage, but you *can* shock with any and all other types of damage.
3) You *MUST* have Flat Fire/Cold/Phys/Chaos damage somewhere on your gear to be able to Shock - I recommend a ring like I have here, or an Abyssal Jewel (Hypnotic Eye Base).
10) You'll get confused with this often, so here's a reminder. You can't Shock with Lightning Damage, but you *can* shock with any and all other types of damage.
20) You'll get confused with this often, so here's a reminder. You can't Shock with Lightning Damage, but you *can* shock with any and all other types of damage.

Shock Mechanics:
2) All Damage can Shock = Hey look! You can now Shock with all damage types. You dealt 5 Physical Damage? Shock. 12 Chaos? Shock. 42 Cold? Shock. The only damage type that won't be Shocking is Lightning, but as long as you have even 4 flat damage of any other type, which you do from any amount of flat non-lightning damage from a jewel/syndicate mod, all your hits Shock.

That's not 'mentioned just in passing', it's repeated several times, in sections labelled with the word 'Important' and then explained in detail in a dedicated section called "Shock" which is probably something you want to read and understand if you're going to roll a shock build.

Oh, and it's also explained in the PoB notes, too. I'm genuinely impressed that people seem to miss this mechanic!
Last edited by xw_ziggy on Sep 10, 2022, 8:37:30 PM
Be that as it may, made an update pass to fix minor issues and clarify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info