[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
bigfatfrock wrote:
"
Bergerbrush wrote:

You mean the chaos damage you take when you kill something?

How much chaos resist do you have, because when I had 60% I didn't notice the damage :O

I'm at 16% in early maps now, that has to be it! I'll work on it stat.

Thanks for the lightning fast response, and all the work you put into this guide.

No problem :) And yeah you need atleast 60% chaos res for Death's oath not to eat you up haha, and when you get 75% it literally does no damage.

The Divine Flesh jewel is basicly to mitigage elemental damage :)
Hello! I had a question on the last ascendancy. What are we using as the extra curse? I saw temp chains in the guide but it's not on any of the POB's. Are we taking the ascendancy so we can hex hexproof enemies?
No more 30% despair on helmet
"
xtole wrote:
Hello! I had a question on the last ascendancy. What are we using as the extra curse? I saw temp chains in the guide but it's not on any of the POB's. Are we taking the ascendancy so we can hex hexproof enemies?

Sadly they nerfed Occultist a few leagues back, and our 4th ascendancy node is not that important anymore. So yeah basicly the last ascendancy is to curse hexproof enemies^^
"
Mangostan wrote:
No more 30% despair on helmet

Thank you! This is now fixed and added caustic arrow enchant suggestion as well :)
Does Asenath's explosions work with Death Aura? Tooltip on the gloves says that "Non-Aura Curses you inflict are not removed from Dying Enemies" and "Enemies Killed near corpses affected by your Curses explode", so we have to use Caustic Arrow to 'hit' mobs to apply curses to dead mobs and it would be clunky, or am i missing something?
"
bspace2 wrote:
Does Asenath's explosions work with Death Aura? Tooltip on the gloves says that "Non-Aura Curses you inflict are not removed from Dying Enemies" and "Enemies Killed near corpses affected by your Curses explode", so we have to use Caustic Arrow to 'hit' mobs to apply curses to dead mobs and it would be clunky, or am i missing something?

It does work and no, you don't have to use Caustic Arrow :) It works thanks to our Despair-Blasphemy setup.
Just curious what everyone else's DO tooltip damage is at so far :)

I'm sitting at a cool 54925.3 chaos damage per second. That seems... bad! :D

Not sure how I'm gonna push that up more. That's probably not actual damage cause of curses and things but I'd still like to double that if it were possible.

I've got 5.5k ES tho! Maxed resses. 2 auras and 3 curses. So, overall, sitting pretty solid for red maps, I think. Still die sometimes though
Do you have any suggestions for eldritch implicits? Also curious about how the new tattoos may help us out?
"
nathan0726 wrote:
Do you have any suggestions for eldritch implicits? Also curious about how the new tattoos may help us out?

I haven't seen anything build changing, but you might find that the +4 to all attributes lets you turn some 10 int nodes into 12 attribute nodes and help you reach the STR/DEX requirements and free up some space on gear. Likewise for hitting ele resists

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info