[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Anyone else finding the CWDT curses bit less reliable with the higher evasion? I've switched my vortex over to my 6link and just use that to curse. It's felt a lot better.
"
Subdue121 wrote:
Anyone else finding the CWDT curses bit less reliable with the higher evasion? I've switched my vortex over to my 6link and just use that to curse. It's felt a lot better.

Consider you may be evading the damage that would otherwise trigger the CWDT!
New video: Uber Eater

This boss really shows the difference between the Trickster and the other versions.

When I did him on the Occultist and Ascendant in 3.18, they could not tank the tentacles even with 15k ES. I'd get 1-shot if I failed to blink out of them. No problem at all for the Trickster. The evasion is real (the tentacles are attacking). Between block, evasion and Heartstopper the tentacles are no longer a threat.

The biggest problem for the Occultist was the ball phase. She would just run out of ES too fast with GR, or a little slower without GR (and the Ascendant too). The Trickster pops a topaz flask and a few seconds later hits The Writhing Jar to heal up and re-trigger overleech. I don't even need to refund GR for this. Also, 50% of the time Heartstopper is in the DoT mode and I don't take almost any damage in that phase.

If/when GGG gives us a real reason to farm this guy, I'll just need to get better at dodging his 'Succumb' laser - the one that hit me for 10k damage. It has a weird timing, I kept blinking too early or too late. But that's just a matter of practice.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 2, 2022, 10:05:19 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Subdue121 wrote:

Not complaining that I'm not taking the damage, but my damage is also lower on account of the enemies not being cursed with frostbite/elemental weakness.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Subdue121 wrote:

That, and you lose the damage bonus from Bonechill. The purpose of the Vortex is to create a chilled ground that makes the enemy take extra cold damage from all sources (including Icestorm). Without Bonechill it's pointless.

A boss or a strong rare will hit you once in a while, and that's enough to apply the curses. Trash mobs don't really need to be cursed if they can't even hit you.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Subdue121 wrote:

That, and you lose the damage bonus from Bonechill. The purpose of the Vortex is to create a chilled ground that makes the enemy take extra cold damage from all sources (including Icestorm). Without Bonechill it's pointless.

A boss or a strong rare will hit you once in a while, and that's enough to apply the curses. Trash mobs don't really need to be cursed if they can't even hit you.

Right, my chest right now is:

Vortex
Hextouch
Frostbite
Elemental Weakness
Bonechill
Culling Strike
"
Subdue121 wrote:

Right, my chest right now is:

Vortex
Hextouch
Frostbite
Elemental Weakness
Bonechill
Culling Strike

So you can no longer curse an enemy that's not standing right next to you. Bad idea.
This isn't rhetorical as I've only just gotten to T16s and haven't done much bossing. Are there a lot of bosses you wouldn't be getting next to in order to drop vortex/bonechill under them anyway?
Anyone try a Reflection of Kalandra yet? I was wondering if I should try one of my spare 7% int synth rings in it.

Basically it seems like a no brainer, especially since the reflection doesn't add affixes.

So, if I have a +68 int ring and 1 safe affix, I have a 100% chance to get a double int ring, since I don't care about the affix.

I'm surprised I don't see any such rings for sale. Maybe the reflection doesn't work on influenced items?
"
Graiaule wrote:
Anyone try a Reflection of Kalandra yet? I was wondering if I should try one of my spare 7% int synth rings in it.

Basically it seems like a no brainer, especially since the reflection doesn't add affixes.

So, if I have a +68 int ring and 1 safe affix, I have a 100% chance to get a double int ring, since I don't care about the affix.

I'm surprised I don't see any such rings for sale. Maybe the reflection doesn't work on influenced items?

That part has been known since before the league launched, only base items can be used, no influenced items of any sort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info