[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

A lot of thanks to Kelvynn for managing the changes and variants in the build
and to WinterHiko for discussion about details and improvements.

Now i have 2470 INT, 10k ES and yesterday i killed Hydra, Eater of the Worlds and Searing Exarch . Still i feel a lack of dps while encountering Eater and Exarch.
Died 4 times from fireball walls in battle with Exarch and on f*ckn infinite ray skill on Eater.
Perhaps crafting the +10% increase int chest can help to maximize the DPS but i have such a good chest armour now, don't want to change it :D

As for corrupting Blood, i took such jewels in nothern cluster path of tree :
Rare with + int , immune to CB and other rare with efficiency for reserved auras and int.
No megalomaniacs are used.
Thinking about changing 1 conversion jewel into Emperors'wit.
Taking now nodes near Safeguard : i hope it will strengthen my survivability...

Idk about Punishment curse : there is no information about constant damage , only on LOW LIFE. EW gives us +to DPS from full to low stages.
I want to kill Maven and Shaper, hope i will do it...

"
civillis wrote:
Hi
Are these jewels ''Forbidden flesh and flame'' only for ubers? I I do mapping I would rather stay with 'Fertile mind' & 'Brute force solution'?

The +25% dmg is still excellent against tankier rares, as you rarely encounter multiple at a time. Plus, you get the bonus against map bosses, gaurdians and conquerors.

When mapping, the defense upgrade is also useful when you have a high rare density (such as abyss or breach) or for Maven invitations.

If you do not plan on doing any bossing and do not need the extra tankiness, then you can stay on conversion jewels.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
civillis wrote:
Hi
Are these jewels ''Forbidden flesh and flame'' only for ubers? I I do mapping I would rather stay with 'Fertile mind' & 'Brute force solution'?

The +25% dmg is still excellent against tankier rares, as you rarely encounter multiple at a time. Plus, you get the bonus against map bosses, gaurdians and conquerors.

When mapping, the defense upgrade is also useful when you have a high rare density (such as abyss or breach) or for Maven invitations.

If you do not plan on doing any bossing and do not need the extra tankiness, then you can stay on conversion jewels.

what does do forbidden flesh and flame ? they grant ascendance passives? I already have these passives in shadow ascendance branch. Idk where these 2 gems get 25% to damage.... And they don't work separately? i need to change 2 jewels?
If i drop 2 fertile minds i loose ES and int
"
Ghost285 wrote:

Now i have 2470 INT, 10k ES and yesterday i killed Hydra, Eater of the Worlds and Searing Exarch . Still i feel a lack of dps while encountering Eater and Exarch.
Died 4 times from fireball walls in battle with Exarch and on f*ckn infinite ray skill on Eater.
Perhaps crafting the +10% increase int chest can help to maximize the DPS but i have such a good chest armour now, don't want to change it :D

Gratz on the progress! Don't get discouraged, Pinnacle fights are the most difficult of the game and require quite a bit of practice.

Those fireball walls are quite a pain, especially since they provide no leech after a few seconds. I still die multiple times to those every time! You could switch to Flamedash for that fight.

On Eater, I died often on the invulnerability phases. I found that Frostblinking directly on the balls (put cursor on ball and hit button without left-clicking) instead of walking there helped me not overshoot and have to fumble around. I can't seem to stay on target if I'm walking for some reason.

Those are nice stats on your body armour, but I think the upgrade is worth it. A well-rolled Sadist Garb could probably get you 1kES with the extra base stats and the +10% int would help the DPS.

Don't forget Unnerve implicit on gloves, it makes quite a bit of difference.

Damn those are some nice rings. Nice find.

There could also be switching the amulet, but that's quite the costly endeavor, especially since it would require you to find some dex and strength elsewhere. Then there's the possiblity of adding in Hatred or a CttC Megalo.

You seem to have both Rumi's and a Granite flask. The +1500 armor does not stack.

Solid equipment you got there! That helmet is fire and two T1 res on gloves has to be very nice.
"
Ghost285 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
civillis wrote:
Hi

what does do forbidden flesh and flame ? they grant ascendance passives? I already have these passives in shadow ascendance branch. Idk where these 2 gems get 25% to damage.... And they don't work separately? i need to change 2 jewels?
If i drop 2 fertile minds i loose ES and int

Forbidden Flesh and Flame work together. If you have both corresponding variants equipped, you get an additionnal ascendant passive from your class. There's also a passive that is only attainable via those jewels for each class.

In this case, we use them to get Opportunistic, an ascendant passive from the Assassin ascendancy. It gives 25% more damage when there's no more than one rare/unique nearby and 20% reduced damage taken when there's two or more. As the first modifier is 25% *more*, it's an amazing boss-killer, which are usually alone and unique.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 21, 2022, 3:42:38 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Good point, I missed that. How do you calculate the damage increase from 100% to 0%?

With my current gear vs a Guardian/Pinnacle boss:

Avg hit with EW is 524k
Avg hit with Punishment vs low life is 599k
Avg hit with Punishment vs non-low life is 456k
Avg hit with Punishment from 100% to 0% is (456 + 599) / 2 = 527k
Avg hit with Punishment from 100% to 10% is (456*5 + 599*4) / 9 = 519k

So it's basically the same during the whole fight. But against targets that do extra stuff at low life (such as Sirus) it's awesome. Plus they are debilitated.

"
EDIT : To be more precise, I'm trying to reconciliate the fact that PoB tells me that the increase in damage is about the same with EW and Punishment while the enemy is low life (25% more). I'm not even running Aspect of the Spider, so it should be 110% to 170%, or a rougly 55% more multiplier. With PoB's calculation, that would be a 25% dmg loss while above 50% and no DPS gain under 50%. We'd be trading that 25% dmg while over 50% for the defensive capabilities.

I might be missing something obvious.

Did you forget to check the box "Is the enemy on Low Life? [x]" in Configuration?
"
Ghost285 wrote:
what does do forbidden flesh and flame ? they grant ascendance passives? I already have these passives in shadow ascendance branch. Idk where these 2 gems get 25% to damage.... And they don't work separately? i need to change 2 jewels? If i drop 2 fertile minds i loose ES and int

You get 4 Ascendancies from the labs. These jewels let you add a 5th Ascendancy.

They work only as a pair.

Yes, you lose Int and ES from 2 jewels. But the 5th Ascendancy more than compensates for it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 21, 2022, 4:26:05 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Ghost285 wrote:

Gratz on the progress! Don't get discouraged, Pinnacle fights are the most difficult of the game and require quite a bit of practice.

Those fireball walls are quite a pain, especially since they provide no leech after a few seconds. I still die multiple times to those every time! You could switch to Flamedash for that fight.

On Eater, I died often on the invulnerability phases. I found that Frostblinking directly on the balls (put cursor on ball and hit button without left-clicking) instead of walking there helped me not overshoot and have to fumble around. I can't seem to stay on target if I'm walking for some reason.

Those are nice stats on your body armour, but I think the upgrade is worth it. A well-rolled Sadist Garb could probably get you 1kES with the extra base stats and the +10% int would help the DPS.

Don't forget Unnerve implicit on gloves, it makes quite a bit of difference.

Damn those are some nice rings. Nice find.

There could also be switching the amulet, but that's quite the costly endeavor, especially since it would require you to find some dex and strength elsewhere. Then there's the possiblity of adding in Hatred or a CttC Megalo.

You seem to have both Rumi's and a Granite flask. The +1500 armor does not stack.

Solid equipment you got there! That helmet is fire and two T1 res on gloves has to be very nice.

Thanks man!!
I got this equipment just crafting with Deafening Essence of Spite + exas + annuls.
40 essences spent at all on crafting all this gear!
Just now i have a massive upgrade!
Bought a chest armour with increase int and flat int for 8 chaos and crafted my gloves with Unnerve bought for 15 chaos.

Crafting took me 1 divine and 20 chaos. (bought 32 , 5 ess spent and 27 essences left! )

Yes, i lost 560 ES in comparing with my old high-es 6linked chest armour BUT i have now 2650 int and decent DPS.. I think it worth it.
Last edited by Ghost285 on Dec 21, 2022, 5:00:02 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Good point, I missed that. How do you calculate the damage increase from 100% to 0%?

With my current gear vs a Guardian/Pinnacle boss:

Avg hit with EW is 524k
Avg hit with Punishment vs low life is 599k
Avg hit with Punishment vs non-low life is 456k
Avg hit with Punishment from 100% to 0% is (456 + 599) / 2 = 527k
Avg hit with Punishment from 100% to 10% is (456*5 + 599*4) / 9 = 519k

So it's basically the same during the whole fight. But against targets that do extra stuff at low life (such as Sirus) it's awesome. Plus they are debilitated.

"
EDIT : To be more precise, I'm trying to reconciliate the fact that PoB tells me that the increase in damage is about the same with EW and Punishment while the enemy is low life (25% more). I'm not even running Aspect of the Spider, so it should be 110% to 170%, or a rougly 55% more multiplier. With PoB's calculation, that would be a 25% dmg loss while above 50% and no DPS gain under 50%. We'd be trading that 25% dmg while over 50% for the defensive capabilities.

I might be missing something obvious.

Did you forget to check the box "Is the enemy on Low Life? [x]" in Configuration?

I did check thebox (else there would be no change in DPS). I'll check again when I have access to PoB. I'll try to figure it out, because your calculations make so much sense.
"
Ghost285 wrote:

Thanks man!!
I got this equipment just crafting with Deafening Essence of Spite + exas + annuls.
40 essences spent at all on crafting all this gear!
Just now i have a massive upgrade!
Bought a chest armour with increase int and flat int for 8 chaos and crafted my gloves with Unnerve bought for 15 chaos.

Crafting took me 1 divine and 20 chaos. (bought 32 , 5 ess spent and 27 essences left! )

Yes, i lost 560 ES in comparing with my old high-es 6linked chest armour BUT i have now 2650 int and decent DPS.. I think it worth it.

You got an armor with +10% int and +52 int for *8C*? That's an awesome find! Just the Crusader slam costs 50C. Congrats!

When you're rich as all hell, you can still upgrade it to get the 500ES back, but honestly, that's already very high-tier. What's your DPS upgrade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info