[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
Haruko_ wrote:
Like the build so far one question I have is why not drop ele pen gem for greater multi and use fleshcrafter? If this has been addressed and I missed sorry.

GMP is a viable alternative.
It significantly speeds up clear, and significantly lowers single target dps.

My testing was it improves the clear a lot less than it hurts the single target.

But it's a choice you can make.

Fleshcrafter is better for end game content like uber bosses.
The more resists a boss has, the better fleshcrafter is.

I avoid it for my newbie guides because its expensive, only works when your minions have ES, and has a significant downside of instantly killing all your minions if their chaos resist is 50% or higher.

As with everything in my guides, feel free to alter it.
Last edited by Odif on Apr 17, 2023, 3:40:05 AM
"
Mumuzet wrote:
I can't get Anomalous Faster Projectiles is it a good idea to switch to Skele Mages combined with the skill that was previously on Anomalous' place? The Dead reckoning is affordable, but Anomalous is 1 Div atm.

E: I'm on Maps now. Managed to buy Tabula with +2 and helmet +1 to minion skills, but for now can't get good wand and other gear parts.
What's your recommendation - to buy Dead reckoning and switch to mages first or to farm for wand and stick to Skele fighters until my gear is ready (assuming I won't be able to buy the Anomalous any time soon)?"

Get mages asap.
The jewel is very cheap now.
Mages are just way better than melee skels.
Elemental penetration adds a lot to dps, but is not needed.
It can be crafted for not too expensive, and you will farm up the chaos for it soon enough.
"
demodread1975 wrote:
"
demodread1975 wrote:
"
Odif wrote:
Ok, I changed the recommended body armor upgrade.
Skin of the Loyal is way too expensive, so is Skin of the Lords.
But... a +2 duration gems Tabula is VERY cheap, only 24c as I write this.

what about fleshcrafter? does this still work ok with this build?
also, wouldnt it allow us to remove elemental penetration, and put something else in?

I wondered too, but reading into it, if you have more than 50% chaos resist on your minions, they die instantly with fleshcrafter. we would have to look at the tree i think. im reading 78% all resists when i mouse over my minions, i think that includes chaos? im not sure. haha not sure enough to drop divines on getting a fleshcrafter.

The way i have the build set up, minions have a lot more than 50% chaos resist, so you would have to change up the tree to use fleshcrafter.

Its a choice.
I dont think its needed, unless you are doing uber bosses.
"
Carcelero wrote:
Im at T16 and not having much issues but sometines i feel lack dps, i should change my helmet to +2 but not sure what more shall i swap except armor. Atm 5.5k hp but sometimes getting 1 shotted and dunno from where it came

To do t16 maps fast, you need more dps.
To get more dps, easiest way is through + gem levels.
+2 duration tabula
level 21 vaal skel gem
+1 gems ammy
+1 minion gems sheid
+1 minion gems wand
+2 minion gems helm.

You dont need all of those, but you need most of them, if you want to fast clear t16.

Getting minion damage/cast speed on rings, wand and shield is nice too.

As far as dying....
It happens to ALL builds, except for the most very tanky ones.
Much complaint about it on reddit.
This build has good defenses, but is not immortal.
I made it to level 90 this league with less than 10 deaths, MUCH better than most builds.

Getting a shield with some + to attack block helps a little, but you will never be completely free of one shots.
"
Odif wrote:
"
Haruko_ wrote:
Like the build so far one question I have is why not drop ele pen gem for greater multi and use fleshcrafter? If this has been addressed and I missed sorry.

GMP is a viable alternative.
It significantly speeds up clear, and significantly lowers single target dps.

My testing was it improves the clear a lot less than it hurts the single target.

But it's a choice you can make.

Fleshcrafter is better for end game content like uber bosses.
The more resists a boss has, the better fleshcrafter is.

I avoid it for my newbie guides because its expensive, only works when your minions have ES, and has a significant downside of instantly killing all your minions if their chaos resist is 50% or higher.

As with everything in my guides, feel free to alter it.

Now that I was finally able to get ele pen gem it is def better than GMP overall I see. Also like you had said I did not think of res when fleshcrafer came to mind.
By the time I'm writing this post Ele penetration support is being sold for 40 to 50 chaos, but Bitterdream worth 10 chaos.
Recipe requires patience, but I think these gems can be leveled for a shorter time then 50 chaos can be farmed (at least for me it's like this).
Last edited by Mumuzet on Apr 17, 2023, 1:32:45 PM
Did you ever kill shaper/uber elder with this build? It's viable?
Hey guys,

Do the lvl 20 skeleton gem for the Dead reckoning recipe needs to be a normal one or can it be Phantasmal/Divergent, etc?

Thanks!

lidi
proc mi nejdou oteevrit ty spoilery? muze mi nekdo pradit?

Last edited by tulinkosss1991 on Apr 20, 2023, 2:10:10 AM
Hello, i don't get why zeloutry + generosity, since minions can't proc consecrated ground.

is it only for the spell dmg% and spell %critical chance ?

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info