[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Nabster wrote:
I like this build, currently level 91. But now I’m having the problem that I’m just dying way too often, and the suggested gear upgrades, while not only quite expensive, would make me even less tanky, like the skin of lords or the belt, or even the helmet. How do I die less or is there a way to build/play this to be more tanky?
Edit: my budget is around 3 div and 300c

Skin of the Lords will cause you to be more tanky. The EV and AR boost is huge. It more than offsets the loss in life because so much incoming damage is mitigated.

Looking at the character in your profile, you are missing quite a lot of evasion in general and recovery from the helmet. Phasing is also quite important, as it helps you to avoid a lot of hits from the monsters.

Defenses:
1. Buy Devouring Diadem - This helm is essential for this build.
2. Once 1 is done, you want to socket your auras into your helmet and run Grace which provides evasion.
3. See the flask section of the guide. Modern PoE mapping involves having 4 utility flasks up all the time which provides you with a range of boosts. The evasion from jade mitigates a lot of damage. The phasing from Quartz allows you to walk through enemies, thereby preventing some of them from hitting you at all.
4. You can get a belt that provides positive resistances, it will relief resistances pressure from your other items.
5. With 4, you can get a high life roll shield.

DPS:
1. Buy lvl 21 Vortex, Vaal Cold Snap and Creeping Frost >> instant 14% overall DPS boost
2. Buy Legacy of Fury, your clear will be so much faster and Scorch will scale your DPS
3. Buy a cheap 6L chest, focus on high life roll
4. After you combine Vortex and Creeping Frost in the 6L chest, you will have more sockets. Then you can run Hatred + Divine Blessing combo.
5. Anoint Ash Frost Storm on your amulet. It is quite cheap as the highest tier oil required is Crimson.

All of the above can be done with 3 div 300c. The most expensive item is Devouring Diadem. Let us know how it goes~
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
"
Nabster wrote:
I like this build, currently level 91. But now I’m having the problem that I’m just dying way too often, and the suggested gear upgrades, while not only quite expensive, would make me even less tanky, like the skin of lords or the belt, or even the helmet. How do I die less or is there a way to build/play this to be more tanky?
Edit: my budget is around 3 div and 300c

Skin of the Lords will cause you to be more tanky. The EV and AR boost is huge. It more than offsets the loss in life because so much incoming damage is mitigated.

Looking at the character in your profile, you are missing quite a lot of evasion in general and recovery from the helmet. Phasing is also quite important, as it helps you to avoid a lot of hits from the monsters.

Defenses:
1. Buy Devouring Diadem - This helm is essential for this build.
2. Once 1 is done, you want to socket your auras into your helmet and run Grace which provides evasion.
3. See the flask section of the guide. Modern PoE mapping involves having 4 utility flasks up all the time which provides you with a range of boosts. The evasion from jade mitigates a lot of damage. The phasing from Quartz allows you to walk through enemies, thereby preventing some of them from hitting you at all.
4. You can get a belt that provides positive resistances, it will relief resistances pressure from your other items.
5. With 4, you can get a high life roll shield.

DPS:
1. Buy lvl 21 Vortex, Vaal Cold Snap and Creeping Frost >> instant 14% overall DPS boost
2. Buy Legacy of Fury, your clear will be so much faster and Scorch will scale your DPS
3. Buy a cheap 6L chest, focus on high life roll
4. After you combine Vortex and Creeping Frost in the 6L chest, you will have more sockets. Then you can run Hatred + Divine Blessing combo.
5. Anoint Ash Frost Storm on your amulet. It is quite cheap as the highest tier oil required is Crimson.

All of the above can be done with 3 div 300c. The most expensive item is Devouring Diadem. Let us know how it goes~

Thanks for your feedback, I will try to implement as many of your suggestions as possible and then report back.

Edit:
Have upgraded the helmet and belt so far, and found a random shield in my staff thats a slight upgrade. So far its definetly more tanky and a bit more dps than before too, so thanks a lot for your advice. I'll see how the build improves once I add parts to complete the set.
Last edited by Nabster on Jun 19, 2023, 2:51:54 PM
Can someone knowledgeable please inspect my char, what should be my next upgrade? I dropped 2x the squire card and a few other notables, also got some divs from a friend who was quitting the league, so on top of my current gear I think I could get another 20 divs for an upgrade.

I just don't know if I should upgrade my weapon/shield/amulet/gloves/rings?

I just feel like I'd like more defense to not get one shot when doing T16 deli maps. Another option is to invest in 5ways for lvl 100...
Not sure what to do :D Halp!
Last edited by shabanotti on Jun 26, 2023, 3:52:06 AM
^get a vaal cold snap ASAP...we dont even use the regular cold snap

also if you have that much currency then basically every piece of non unique can be upgraded

amulet can have +1 to all cold skill gems and +1 to all skill gems
shield can have +1 all cold spell skill gems and high spell damage with good crucible mods

ring can be either death rush or mark of the shaper

weapon is a big upgrade. take a look at what OP has and look for those mods on trade
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 26, 2023, 5:03:42 AM
Done many of the suggestions you said, and got my Vortex/Creeping Frost to lvl 32 now. My gear is far from ideal, but I almost doubled my damage. Also, optimized the tree so now I have more survivability too.

It's a really good build and I could sink so much more currency into it, if I play enough and earn it :P

Thanks for suggestions.
"
shabanotti wrote:
Done many of the suggestions you said, and got my Vortex/Creeping Frost to lvl 32 now. My gear is far from ideal, but I almost doubled my damage. Also, optimized the tree so now I have more survivability too.

It's a really good build and I could sink so much more currency into it, if I play enough and earn it :P

Thanks for suggestions.

Not sure what your budget is, but some suggestions looking at your current character:

1. Helmet: Purchase one with frostbite/ele weakness effect enchant or get a lab runner
2. Amulet: Non-damaging ailments craft > increased cold damage craft
3. I won't comment on replacing weapon/shield since it heavily depends on budget and what is available on the market. However, if you have the budget you can harvest craft your weapon for AoE or Elemental damage.
4. Boots: Consider getting one with a useful implicit, e.g. 6% life if you want to reduce the chance of one shots

Gems:
1. Get 20% quality on ele weakness for more DPS
2. Get lvl 21 Frostbite for more DPS
3. Get 20% quality on Divine Blessing for more DPS
4. Get 20% quality on Flame Dash, Shield Charge and Faster Attacks for more mobility
5. Get 20% quality on Efficacy for more DPS
6. Replace controlled destruction on VCS with Awakened Controlled Destruction or Awakened Ele Focus

Lastly, 5 ways to lvl 99/100 for 2-3 more SP will definitely be beneficial too.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
I've further upgraded some stuff, but now I'm unsure how to proceed. I've got 9 divines and 800c more chaos worth equivalent. My dps feels okay, but I'm still worried about survivability.
I think I've min maxed the gem sockets with a -2% reserve that I'm now also running defiance banner, which helps quite a bit.
Maybe its also just a playstyle thing and I'm playing it wrong, since I'm still dying to bosses/ 100% crucible mobs/soul eaters
I think my physical defences are fine now, but if I upgrade into another unique like skin of the lords i feel like the hp loss will just kill me.
Whats the best course of action for further upgrades here? Get even more hp on the rings/shield, get a better amulet/belt?
"
Nabster wrote:
I've further upgraded some stuff, but now I'm unsure how to proceed. I've got 9 divines and 800c more chaos worth equivalent. My dps feels okay, but I'm still worried about survivability.
I think I've min maxed the gem sockets with a -2% reserve that I'm now also running defiance banner, which helps quite a bit.
Maybe its also just a playstyle thing and I'm playing it wrong, since I'm still dying to bosses/ 100% crucible mobs/soul eaters
I think my physical defences are fine now, but if I upgrade into another unique like skin of the lords i feel like the hp loss will just kill me.
Whats the best course of action for further upgrades here? Get even more hp on the rings/shield, get a better amulet/belt?

1. You can get more life on your gloves (look for double life roll) and both rings. Your shield has 105 life which is fine for now.

2. Get a pair of boots with 6% life corrupted implicit. You can get one without the required sockets and modify the sockets and links using benchcraft.

3. As for flasks, you want increased evasion and armour suffixes. Does not have to be armour on granite flask and evasion on jade flask (the effects are global).

4. Further on flasks, drop one life flask and get Quartz flask for phasing. Phasing supports the playstyle where you can dash through mobs, thereby forcing the mobs to turn around to hit you. If you cannot walk through mobs, you are stuck and the mobs get to attack you directly. The 3rd useful suffix is reduced curse effect (which u will lose after dropping one flask). If you find the phasing from the wand sufficient, then consider a basalt flask.

5. You eventually want to save up for a Skin of the Lords with a non-detrimental keystone. The +100% evasion and +100% armour is a huge buff to physical damage mitigation and will more than offset the loss in life.

6. Lastly, buy 5-way carries to lvl 97. The +4 levels will boost your survivability. With 4 more SP you can equip two 7% life jewels, and you get base hp from levels too.

As for bossing playstyle, once you have casted your spells, run in circles around the boss as our damage output is DoT. The initial damage from the spell cast is negligible.
Last edited by LkGGz on Jun 28, 2023, 7:29:26 AM
Thanks for your reply, I found some cheap 5% implicit ones for 30c, a lot cheaper than I expected, it will do for now.
I also rerolled my flask and have armour/evasion on them now.

Also swapped my ring to slightly more hp and a lot more chaos res, with the dex slot free.

Regarding the flask, although the phasing from the wand is mostly sufficient, I think ill try out a quartz and get a better crucible tree.
I'll try saving up for a skin of the lords, but a 1r1g4b seems to be very expensive right now. Offline offers seem decent with 6-10 div, but i've never seen any online under like 40 div.
I guess its a bit late to start wondering how dps is calcaulated but here goes.

In the build I see
3.21 Standard End-game (with items):
1. 13.2m DoT DPS, 85k EHP: https://pobb.in/W4TB8O8vUWxm
2. 19.2m DoT DPS, 83k EHP: https://pobb.in/jWaa0sxBti51

On the character page in the game my dps is 354.2
Does this mean that my damage is still way off? How do I calculate my actual dps and how do I get to 13.2m DoT , 85k EHP?

https://pobb.in/sKzrmIv8kkro
Last edited by OnrahTheMysterious on Jun 29, 2023, 10:58:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info