[3.22] Enki's Lightning Conduit Elementalist - a beginner-friendly Caster Build

Hi,
sorry I did not understand this:
"
‣ Use your secondary weapon slots to level 6x Lightning Conduit gems along with you.

Why?
Last edited by Aingeru_J_M on Aug 31, 2023, 3:24:31 PM
the guide says i should have a "247% lightning ailment effect" in the mapping phase. how can i check that?
"
I do not understand why hydrosphere is preferred over conductivity. Being completely new to the game it seems that conductivity is a more powerful debuff than hydrosphere. Is it better because hydrosphere applies exposure repeatedly ?

Conductivity is curse and you are already applying one with enfeeble (basic curse limit is 1). Also curses do not apply exposure. It's another debuff and is mentioned specifically in description of thing that will apply it.
Of course preferred application is from Eater of Worlds implicit on gloves
"
Aingeru_J_M wrote:
Hi,
sorry I did not understand this:
"
‣ Use your secondary weapon slots to level 6x Lightning Conduit gems along with you.

Why?

Once they level up to 20 you can corrupt them with a vaal orb for a chance to turn them into a level 21 gem. Spells especially gain damage with levels so a level 21 gem is ~11% more damage than a level 20.
I don't think this is beginner-friendly at all.
What I don't like about this build:

1. Lightning Warp, it's just too slow. If needed to escape from an attack you can if you aim close to yourself, but not all the time. Biggest setback with that skill is that its duration is based on your movement speed. Well when I have the Chilled debuff, it takes more than 1 sec, making my escape attempt futile. Yes, I could swap to something else, but I'm follow your build, because I'm a beginner and don't know any better.

2. Survivability, I think that I followed the build well, but I can't seem to survive even T1 normal maps without the flask effect, "that what the flasks are for"... yea, I know, but they don't have 24/7 uptime.

3. Auras, how are you running all four auras at the same time? I had to constantly swap between Arctic Armor or Enfeeble, because I don't have enough mana.

I know this is not a handholding guide like the super detailed Toxic Rain one that I started playing PoE with, but I think that some handholding still has to be done for this to be a beginner-friendly build, at least just linking to some other guide like you did with the Act 1 - 10 guide.

For now I will drop this character and start again with some other, preferably "easier", build.
Why isn't the build using Thunderfist?
"
sidrun321 wrote:
I don't think this is beginner-friendly at all.
What I don't like about this build:

1. Lightning Warp, it's just too slow. If needed to escape from an attack you can if you aim close to yourself, but not all the time. Biggest setback with that skill is that its duration is based on your movement speed. Well when I have the Chilled debuff, it takes more than 1 sec, making my escape attempt futile. Yes, I could swap to something else, but I'm follow your build, because I'm a beginner and don't know any better.

2. Survivability, I think that I followed the build well, but I can't seem to survive even T1 normal maps without the flask effect, "that what the flasks are for"... yea, I know, but they don't have 24/7 uptime.

3. Auras, how are you running all four auras at the same time? I had to constantly swap between Arctic Armor or Enfeeble, because I don't have enough mana.

I know this is not a handholding guide like the super detailed Toxic Rain one that I started playing PoE with, but I think that some handholding still has to be done for this to be a beginner-friendly build, at least just linking to some other guide like you did with the Act 1 - 10 guide.

For now I will drop this character and start again with some other, preferably "easier", build.

You haven’t followed the guide at all. If you read carefully, you’ll know how much mana shield you need to sustain your auras. It’ll also tell you that you won’t be able to sustain vitality on full level and that you’ll have to dial it back.

The example gear in the early mapping section will easily carry you to red maps, which is where playing the build becomes dangerous without doing the full transition. Dying on T1 maps is ridiculous though.

Playing lighting warp is not a requirement. It’s easy to switch. With the correct gem setup, it is fast enough. If the guide has a fault here than that it’s omitting swift affliction, which you got space for. It makes LW even better.

The build is not tanky, the author clearly states that. However it’s a far shot from what you describe.
Can I ask what filter you ran throughout mapping
Thanks for the build; it's really fun to play. I'm currently at the Annihilating Light Transfer (with all flask upgrades). However, there's one detail I couldn't understand. Normally, I have poison immunity in my flask. But after changing them to three elemental flasks, how am I going to protect against poison?
wow , this is very helpfull, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info