Characters sent to void league on death should NOT be a map mod

"
xjjanie wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i saw a streamer die in one of these maps and he didnt go to a void league...did they change it?

The SC character being sent to the Void on death is a very specific map mod - not every creator of a Valdo's map is that sadistic.

ah ok. i thought it was a mod on all of them

BTW, had one drop today.

"
"
RitualMurder wrote:
you realize this is a rare special map that is a supporter pack item and not a normal mod that will appear on maps right?

Yes, I get that people can pay to ruin the experience of other players.

You think everyone playing even fully comprehends what that modifier means? Even among those who do know what it means, do you think no one will ever miss or misread the modifier?

HC players die to reflect maps they know they can't run, there is video evidence of exactly that happening to numerous streamers, and those are expert players who definitely do pay attention to map modifiers, so no one who is actually being honest about this can claim that no one will ever miss or misread the modifiers.

There should be nothing in the game that threatens the very existence of a SC character. The very nature of SC is that you can die without significant consequence, the absolute worst that happens is some XP loss and the loss of the content you were running and its loot.

Even hardcore death isn't as extreme as this, so this has no place even in HC. If you die in HC, your character just goes to standard, it isn't lost forever.

The only way a character should ever go to void league is if it's a character in a voided event.

If you lose your HC character to reflect it's only your own fault

/Someone who has lost HC characters to reflect
"And yet... we do keep finding each other, don’t we?"

I love these things.

PS: Don't open the box!!!
Hi people
I was just googling this void league and got here, can't believe this is real - I read warning before entering this map but I just didn't believe my character will be completely unplayable. I didn't even know what the reward is. This mod is just stupid. For casual player like me there is nothing else to do other than uninstalling this game.
"
malum23 wrote:
Hi people
I was just googling this void league and got here, can't believe this is real - I read warning before entering this map but I just didn't believe my character will be completely unplayable. I didn't even know what the reward is. This mod is just stupid. For casual player like me there is nothing else to do other than uninstalling this game.

you fucked around and you found out
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
malum23 wrote:
Hi people

Im sorry for your loss.
I think GGG Made a big Mistake here and should not ever have implemented the void mod into softcore.
While doing so they are breaking their own softcore rules.
Im a man of simple rules and i Stick to it no matter what void-mod-defender or General GGG-defender think of it.
Hey man, you want a MB you need to risk. In a game like PoE it's normal to compliment positive effects with negative ones. A perfect example is map mods right? You got 40% increased pack size, 90% increased quantity and so on but you also have -13 to all elemental resistances and monsters blind on hit. You know what i mean? I love how people always complain about the things that they don't like but never complain about the things that they like. And one might ask "why would i complain about the things that i like, are you dumb?". Well i tell you why. You got 5 MB belts but you complain that you got sent to the void trying to get the 6th one. It's ridiculous. There is people with 30 MB and HH belts in their stash tabs right now, 2 weeks into the league. That's not ok at all. Even if their intentions were positive, GGG really messed up this league and i hope they wont do this ever again.
Last edited by MihaiFL on Dec 26, 2023, 9:49:21 AM
"
Surely nobody playing T17 content is so unfamiliar with the game as to just accidentally run a T17 map without reading it carefully.

i did ,right now didnt know what is void league and why should care in softcore... my bad :-) SC casual,died in few secs rip my char and nice waste of time on christmas , iam kinda sad :-)
Last edited by Martin9696 on Dec 26, 2023, 8:21:49 PM
Let's go a step further and add a section on supporter's profiles with a kill count for your personalized map. Doesn't have to be voided only, I'm sure you can keep track of all deaths. Spice it up!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I didn't read and just in map unfortunately I invested in my character over 3 mirror. how can I get the item back? This is technically shit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info