I know that GGG has made it pretty clear they DGAF about standard

Note that the GGG employee couldn't be bothered to address the thread topic though...

Last edited by Celandine on Mar 30, 2024, 9:26:19 AM
I've been a standard only player since the end of Domination league back at the end of open beta.

I don't understand why anyone would just now be getting upset about this. If you play Standard, GGG has clearly signaled for over 10 years that you are playing a version of the game that they will keep functional, but they will not change their design decisions based on detrimental effects to Standard.

IMO if you are in this thread and upset, you must either be very new to the game, or you haven't been paying attention.

Don't like it? Play league.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
I've been a standard only player since the end of Domination league back at the end of open beta.

I don't understand why anyone would just now be getting upset about this. If you play Standard, GGG has clearly signaled for over 10 years that you are playing a version of the game that they will keep functional, but they will not change their design decisions based on detrimental effects to Standard.

IMO if you are in this thread and upset, you must either be very new to the game, or you haven't been paying attention.

Don't like it? Play league.

People get progressively more upset over time. Problems pile up over. Simple human nature.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Mar 31, 2024, 12:54:05 AM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Asking for stuff "for standard" has a direct impact on league play in multiple ways:

1) It would require dedicated attention from devs. Something they have clearly chosen NOT to do for reasons known only to them. But known to us...split focus isn't good. We have seen it overwhelmingly affect PoE 1 in the most recent few leagues, as the majority of the talent is off on PoE 2. Personally, it was my biggest beef with Ruthless becoming a thing. "side project" my arse...it clearly took development time and effort, and now continues to take development time and effort that COULD be going to balancing the actual game and fixing old problems.

2) It CHANGES how devs can approach leagues. If devs are required to consider how their league choices might affect standard 3-4 months down the line....it ties their hands and feet down. They saw long long long long time ago that the $$$ and the majority of players were in leagues, and made the decision NOT to tie themselves up by worrying about standard. Thank. God.

And not related to leagues:

3) It is ALREADY broken beyond repair. I mean....its been pretty much broken since 2015. Short of a complete wipe, NOTHING will "fix" standard. To suggest otherwise is to be blind. If they take one of these suggestions for standard seriously, then the next round of "fix this for standard" begins, and the next, and the next, etc. It has over a decade of trash and neglect in its design.

Asking for development power to go to standard-only changes and fixes and consideration is NOT a standard-only decision.

you brought up some real life implications to how standard changes can affect leagues. i was thinking more of in game changes rather than real life resources.

and since we're going there i have to agree with you. any effort taken to "improve" standard, will definitely take away effort that could have been placed into improving a new temp league.

despite saying that, i would point out that the things standard players ask for could possibly not take up too much resources.

if going by my "standard wishlist"

1. keeping legacy stuff with legacy mods.
- an already solved issue. they have the tech to do it and have been doing it but willingly chose to just retro actively change things.
- this extends to alt quality gems. after the alt quality gems got wrecked we got transfigured gems. GGG could have allowed the alt quality gems to exist but chose to get rid of them. i have a legacy increased QTY support gem, and even have a legacy variant despair which uses a red coloured gem art.

2. Stance on borrowed power
- I went from "there should be no borrowed power" to "GGG needs to let us know if things are borrowed power or not from day 1".
- I'm now at the point that if GGG announces "in all our future temp leagues, we will have league exclusive power/gear that will be voided at the end of the league" i will be FINE with that. GGG would have FREE REIGN to be as creative as possible and without worrying about STD players being salty that their hard work got poofed. The only drawback is STD players like myself who go into temp leagues to farm for standard will not play those leagues. It takes essentially ZERO effort to put their feet down and announce this on day one.

3. Temporary vendor recipes or conversions
- What i mean by this is not poofing anything we have of value. Recently GGG did exactly this by making awakened sextants convert into veiled scarabs. honestly I am happy that GGG actually did this. on top of that GGG allowed us to vendor the veiled scarabs to have them unveiled easily. GGG can definitely implement stuff like this IF they wanted to.
- Does it take effort? I don't know if it takes a lot of effort or not but the fact that they did shows some level of care towards standard.

On your last point of standard being unfixable, standard players are asking for permanence. not "fixing". based of the 3 things i posted on my wishlist that i believe most STD players would be happy with, only the 3rd one would require the most perceived effort. i would even go on to say all the issues are "solved" issues, GGG has the ability to solve them, just its up to them to implement.

if you're talking about fixing STD economy? yeah thats busted. but i dont think anyone is asking for that to be fixed.

if you're talking about power balance, the entire allure of STD is to play using broken OP gear so I don't know why this would be an issue.

not to criticize you too much but it seems you're spiteful for the very existence of standard. you're worried any effort that can improve standard can take away from improving temp leagues (via IRL effort/resources) rather than in game changes.

i can understand not wanting company resources to flow out on a league/game mode you dont enjoy. i really do (hence why i dislike ruthless), but STD is part of POE from the very beginning and was there even before temp leagues were a thing.

based on how you articulate yourself in this forum i can see you are an intelligent person, tho i will point out that your attitude against anything standard is not out of "will it make standard better or not" but more out of spite not wanting resources being taken away from your preferred game mode, which actively is not contributing to the conversation.

feedback is to discuss on how things can be better. whether the devs decide to implement stuff or devote resources towards it is a separate matter and should not factor into our discussion. it is in fact in bad faith to "contribute negativity" just because you dont want the devs looking into it.

i m a melee enjoyer. i see a lot of posts about people complaining about their spells/skills being wrecked by changes. GGG would need to take resources to look into their claims or to fix em. but i dont go on their topics and just telling them that they should just accept it and everything is fine just because i dont want ggg to take resources to fix it. even if ggg does fix it and leave melee in the gutter, i bear no ill will towards the people who complained. the decision to fix it was made by GGG. will i be upset? maybe. if i get upset enough i ll just simply quit the game. i've "quit the game" many times and am very near leaving again.

in fact, i am more vocal now as i m trying hard to enjoy the game as much as possible before i write it off as a game i no longer care about.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info