T17 maps are making me want to quit the game

T17 maps are very much a case of cool idea absolutely terrible execution, even just on their lonesome. The new bosses are not fun, its literally unbreakable++, all expedition bosses in a row with some added iphases, unholy trinity + subordinate bosses buffed up and made ridiculously rippy to non CI builds, lycia given an utterly obnoxious iphase + miniboss that teleports around the map constantly and catarina with invisible ground degen. The mods on the map are also absolutely miserable, most of them are x fraction of builds cannot run this map and most of the ones that aren't are basically equivalent to you do 75% less damage or if an enemy hits you you die. The changes surrounding T17 took it from merely terribly executed to absolutely awful for the game. The massive general loot nerf everywhere except T17s and gating uber access behind t17 made most methods of farming a gamble as to whether they even break even and made it obnoxiously hard to access some of the most fun content in the game.
"
T17 maps are very much a case of cool idea absolutely terrible execution, even just on their lonesome. The new bosses are not fun, its literally unbreakable++, all expedition bosses in a row with some added iphases, unholy trinity + subordinate bosses buffed up and made ridiculously rippy to non CI builds, lycia given an utterly obnoxious iphase + miniboss that teleports around the map constantly and catarina with invisible ground degen. The mods on the map are also absolutely miserable, most of them are x fraction of builds cannot run this map and most of the ones that aren't are basically equivalent to you do 75% less damage or if an enemy hits you you die. The changes surrounding T17 took it from merely terribly executed to absolutely awful for the game. The massive general loot nerf everywhere except T17s and gating uber access behind t17 made most methods of farming a gamble as to whether they even break even and made it obnoxiously hard to access some of the most fun content in the game.

They're fine just play a better char or make one even.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I have chars that can do them fine, the simple fact is a lot of the t17 mods are roll past or just obnoxious and the actual maps are harder then ubers but do so by being obnoxiously rippy rather than actually interesting. They took league bosses with limited and honestly rather boring mechanics and buffed them up a bunch and then gated interesting content behind running a ton of them. That is not remotely ok and it is not the stated idea that t17s would serve as a bridge between pinnacles and ubers, even with no offensive mods a lot of the rares hit harder than ubers.
The problem with this league is a double problem. First of all because of this league mechanic most content has been rendered useless. Essences, harbingers, blight, it's all useless, also with the divination card nerf. It doesn't make any money. Next to that t17 is absolutely shocking design.
The league mechanic is also extremely boring. I quit this league and quitting this early is a record for me.
A HH is 9 divine and a mageblood is 80, and a defiance is 4D, what's the big fuss about it? If that's all you need for a map to print money you shouldnt be so sad about it.
The big fuss is that basically every strategy except mashing t17s got taken out back and turned into hamburger. Yes HH and MB are really cheap compared to last league in terms of raw divs, however last league 20 divs/hr was entirely achievable by basically everyone. This league you're lucky to make 5 divs/hr with the full atlas and people buying what you are selling unless you can mash t17s in which case you can do 40 divs/hr quite easily. prior to the gigantic pile of nerfs that came with 3.24 5 divs/hr was basically the benchmark basic for most farming strats, wandering path harvest produced that much when yellow juice wasn't worth much, just tossing a gilded harbinger scarab into every map with the harby nodes allocated gave a significant fraction of that by bulk selling ancients and annuls and there were a bunch of other strategies you could run or combine to get 5 to 10 divs/hr without too much effort.
"
and the actual maps are harder then ubers

Harder? The maps are a lot easier. My terrible and unoptimized meme build can run the maps just fine and even tank some hits. Meanwhile a small fart during a uber fight would cause the same char to die lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"

Harder? The maps are a lot easier. My terrible and unoptimized meme build can run the maps just fine and even tank some hits. Meanwhile a small fart during a uber fight would cause the same char to die lol.

That's kind of hard to believe, lol. I used to farm some t17 with and without back to basics and even with very tame mods sometimes rares or those magma orbs would just one shot my occultist with vaal molten shell on, while she can tank most ubers just fine.

The only ubers that are truly harder than t17s, are exarch and sirus, imo.
T16 are fine for profit, just dont expect raw divines raining left and right for free on every step like in affliction, because that league was an exception(or rather abomination).
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Pashid wrote:
"

Except its 1000000 times easier t ododge Ubers attacks than anything in T17. You can bring glass cannon to Ubers and kill it w/o getting hit once. They are MECHANICAL fights, you can learn them and outskill them. T17 are just gear check.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info