Melee bad - Feels good and bad to have devs confirm it

Knowing GGG they will give us something like "Your Ancestor Totem is always active. You cannot move".
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Doesn't really change the fact that 90% of the problems people in this forum are having with melee including you come from bad builds and not whatever problems melee has.
But good for you. You finally got a proper excuse for not trying to improve yourself. Now you can just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.

Meanwhile i am doing t17 maps deathless with 3 fps on average cuz my cpu is 7 years old using melee builds. I wonder who is living in a fantasy here.

I think you're missing key things here. You can play the game and find measurable success no problem as melee. No one argues that. Melee is bad is a factual objective statement comparatively /relatively speaking. When you compare it to caster or ranged, it's bad.
While you're screwing around bonking a mob, ranged/caster has already moved on. Why run up to something and bonk it when you can pew pew. Also running up and bonking stuff is more dangerous. If you don't grasp this I don't know what else to say.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 25, 2024, 8:17:03 PM
"

I think you're missing key things here. You can play the game and find measurable success no problem as melee. No one argues that. Melee is bad is a factual objective statement comparatively /relatively speaking. When you compare it to caster or ranged, it's bad.
While you're screwing around bonking a mob, ranged/caster has already moved on. Why run up to something and bonk it when you can pew pew. Also running up and bonking stuff is more dangerous. If you don't grasp this I don't know what else to say.

You should read the posts of people i respond to. If all they were saying is that melee is slower in terms of map clear i wouldn't respond to them in the first place.
"
Melee is bad is a factual objective statement comparatively /relatively speaking. When you compare it to caster or ranged, it's bad.

Flicker Strike says hi.
"
Knowing GGG they will give us something like "Your Ancestor Totem is always active. You cannot move".

That's too generous given modern POE design. It will be more like:

- you do 50% less damage
- your ancestor totem gains your lost damage
- your ancestor totem now has a maximum life of 1
- you cannot move
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Doesn't really change the fact that 90% of the problems people in this forum are having with melee including you come from bad builds and not whatever problems melee has.
But good for you. You finally got a proper excuse for not trying to improve yourself. Now you can just keep on wailing nonstop and feel justified doing so.

Meanwhile i am doing t17 maps deathless with 3 fps on average cuz my cpu is 7 years old using melee builds. I wonder who is living in a fantasy here.

no you are not
Last edited by murdouken on Apr 26, 2024, 1:55:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info