Melee enjoyers?

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I mean i also play SC but i would feel REALLY silly investing a mirrors worth of currency into a build like that only to get instagibbed by trash mobs in t16 maps. But each their own i guess...

Those are usually bossers, to kill boss before it can even attack.
I'm a scrub casual who largely plays melee in this game. On a masochism scale I'm probably 93/100.

Obligatory: melee is fine as long as you don't play melee
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 24, 2024, 10:15:55 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why people think str stackers are such a big deal?

Between eyes of the great wolf, replica alberons, original sin, elevated rare helmet, mageblood and all the implicit attribute stuff they are crazy expensive and, at least judging by POE ninja, they are complete glass cannons. More often than not they don't even have capped chaos res. ~5k life, base ele res and ~15k armor that's pretty much it on most of them.
Zerker ascendancy on top of it all and you are barely better than a bow deadeye defensively just with low range.

Even if their damage ceiling is higher at the top end they aren't exactly what i'd call a well balanced build.

you can check my str stacker. Its not super tanky per say, but it does not die in t16s at all and I brought it to 640 delve. I play it only because I wanted to play EQ nothing else.

You don't even need original sin for basic strength stacker to clear t16s, but it helps to bring it from 10m to 40m+ easily. I played it from day3 for like 2 weeks and got bored by this league and got way too much work irl atm. Upgrade path would obviously be better ammy + original sin + replica alberons, but whats the point?
GGG remove ancestral totem buffs and buff base gems instead. It is annoying to have to press:

4 warcries, totem, berserk, banner, bloodrage, focus, curse to cast a slam

result: 1/5th of normal build damage and 1/4th of POB dps for slam build in real scenario.
I always enjoy melee.

Dual Strike of Ambidexterity and Boneshatter are both good examples of the possibilities that open up when you add enough damage scaling on the gem itself, letting melee players build good defenses. If T17 maps stay as they are, I'm very curious about the variety of melee builds doing those maps safely, without access to easilly crafted gravecrafts.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Prepare for the era of "Melee is fine, just dont do T17" ^ ^
"
Aynix wrote:

That's what you've been doing for the last years, talking up melee every chance you get, but keep excluding every piece of content above T16 maps from the conversation :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

That's what you've been doing for the last years, talking up melee every chance you get, but keep excluding every piece of content above T16 maps from the conversation :)

So you mean ubers? WHo cares about ubers, its shit content anyway.
"
Aynix wrote:
So you mean ubers? WHo cares about ubers, its shit content anyway.

People wanting to do ubers care about ubers - and all archetypes should be on the table for those people. What YOU feel about ubers should be irrelevant to a discussion about balance. And the more content they keep adding that is harder than T16s, the more relevant it becomes.

First, lets look at the greater variety: Is melee fairly represented amongst T17 farmers/uber killers?

If yes; is the different types of melee builds fairly represented, or are they all based on the same scaling options?

If no; why?

If you keep debating from a "melee is good enough for the content I, subjectively, personally like to run" perspective, you're not really grasping what this debate is (or should be) about.
"
Sameen_Shaw wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why people think str stackers are such a big deal?

Between eyes of the great wolf, replica alberons, original sin, elevated rare helmet, mageblood and all the implicit attribute stuff they are crazy expensive and, at least judging by POE ninja, they are complete glass cannons. More often than not they don't even have capped chaos res. ~5k life, base ele res and ~15k armor that's pretty much it on most of them.
Zerker ascendancy on top of it all and you are barely better than a bow deadeye defensively just with low range.

Even if their damage ceiling is higher at the top end they aren't exactly what i'd call a well balanced build.

you can check my str stacker. Its not super tanky per say, but it does not die in t16s at all and I brought it to 640 delve. I play it only because I wanted to play EQ nothing else.

You don't even need original sin for basic strength stacker to clear t16s, but it helps to bring it from 10m to 40m+ easily. I played it from day3 for like 2 weeks and got bored by this league and got way too much work irl atm. Upgrade path would obviously be better ammy + original sin + replica alberons, but whats the point?

No offense, but you've got like 6 mio dps with mageblood and kalandras touch. Sure, survivability is ok since you play chieftain rather than zerker but if we talk bang per buck this is kinda lacking to put it mildly. In my book anyway.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

That's pretty rich coming from you, i vividly remember you doing the exact same thing every time i brought up ubers or simulacrum.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 25, 2024, 10:47:21 AM
10 million dps on a mageblood build is abysmal, for that to be remotely reasonable your build needs to be either invulnerable or so fast that it blasts through maps in about 2 to 3 minutes a piece. Melee builds suffer from poor damage scaling and being too fragile for the damage they can deal. High budget variations can do decent damage and skills with super high damage scaling like dual strike of ambidexterity and boneshatter are workable but most of the rest just do not do enough damage to be competitive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info