The league is uber unfair

"
JulianTesla wrote:
PoE isn't hard. It's just knowledge.
Now making league mechanic not skippable (in campaign and end game) is stupid.

GGG thinks new and casual players like hard content from the start?
GGG thinks veteran players want to take more time doing the same f***** campaign?

"we cannot change/improve things for newbies at all because current dedicated playerbase and 0.00001%, junroan and empyrean will trivialize game mechanics even easier and maybe don't like it"

"There is currently no arpg genre video game on the market that competes with Path of Exile to the point of generating an incentive to implement some kind of act skip"

On the first one I don't need to go that far in time, I'm based on what Jonathan mentioned recently in the interview/Q&A, when talking about the first impression of a new player to the skill tree, although it is true that Jonathan had interesting ideas to mitigate its impact, he dropped on several occasions something in the side of "We can't do it because current playerbase may not like it". And based on my own experience, the only help I felt is that chest at the beginning of The Prison, that contains flasks, I'm about to reach my 5k hours of play and truly the only thing I noticed was that, since not even considering the change to the vendors not good not bad,

On the second one, you have Jonathan who literally said really recently, that the industry is evolving to one where having Action House is more of a necessity and those that don't have them are becoming obsolete, and is able to weigh more the benefit for the player against the negative. And while it is true that games with Action Houses have been releasing out lately, the biggest hit of the last decade was undeniably Last Epoch, and it is no coincidence that Last Epoch once came out with its Action House and its reception by the players Jonathan said that, it is no coincidence, if there are more games with mechanics that are lacking or weak in the current Path Of Exile, they will obviously be in the best interest of implementing them. And I say Path of Exile and not 2, since in the same line it was said that it would be seen what its reception would be like, and thus implement something in the current. And I wouldn't be surprised if a game comes along that has some kind of act skip that does a good hit that "market is evolving to act skip I guess".

And being personal here, I don't mind to repeat acts, I just found them boring asf and a waste of time, but I also understand the hard work it could be to code some act skips knowing the fact that currently they do not have that many working on poe
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝
The league is horrible for casuals like me . Maps 15-16 drop absolutely nothing with 120 quantity and 3 scarabs..
since they refuse to have 2 different difficulties, at least, we get those kind of push to more difficult content from time to time.
did they kept the state where they had increased difficulty for just act 1 or act 1-3 not the rest of the acts ? cant remember how this story ended
Last edited by SerialF on Apr 29, 2024, 2:31:05 PM
"
CanelayAzucar wrote:
the biggest hit of the last decade was undeniably Last Epoch, and it is no coincidence that Last Epoch once came out with its Action House

1) The auction house is terrible. go play the actual game and read some of the critical reviews that aren't luke-warm
2) Are you sure about calling it the biggest hit of the decade? https://steamcharts.com/app/899770 - the game peaked on the official release which got a lot of attention with 260k players and it's down to 9k right now. Pretty fast dropoff too, and the recent reviews are "Mixed"

Here, from an actual Steam review by someone who played for 300 hours since launch (Zloy Zai):

"Your build matters little when it comes down to fighting bosses since their HP is, wait for it.... dynamic, and is linked to your assumed DPS. The developers claim it is to ensure you follow tactics on the bosses and don't kill them too fast with some builds. So now everyone is equal [...]"

If stuff like "dynamic DPS" is the evolution of the genre, I know what game I'll be playing
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
SerialF wrote:
since they refuse to have 2 different difficulties, at least, we get those kind of push to more difficult content from time to time.
did they kept the state where they had increased difficulty for just act 1 or act 1-3 not the rest of the acts ? cant remember how this story ended

From what I remember they got huge backlash from playerbase for making Act 1 and 2 harder so they decided to not do it with the rest.
They decided to make the opening acts - aka the absolute worst part of any ARPG and even more so for PoE given the way the game works much harder, the community was rightly very unhappy and they decided to not continue to dig themselves further in the hole on that, its why once you've past act 2 with a workable build its basically smooth sailing if slow from there to maps.
Campaign is still a breeze
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CanelayAzucar wrote:
the biggest hit of the last decade was undeniably Last Epoch, and it is no coincidence that Last Epoch once came out with its Action House

1) The auction house is terrible. go play the actual game and read some of the critical reviews that aren't luke-warm
2) Are you sure about calling it the biggest hit of the decade? https://steamcharts.com/app/899770 - the game peaked on the official release which got a lot of attention with 260k players and it's down to 9k right now. Pretty fast dropoff too, and the recent reviews are "Mixed"

Here, from an actual Steam review by someone who played for 300 hours since launch (Zloy Zai):

"Your build matters little when it comes down to fighting bosses since their HP is, wait for it.... dynamic, and is linked to your assumed DPS. The developers claim it is to ensure you follow tactics on the bosses and don't kill them too fast with some builds. So now everyone is equal [...]"

If stuff like "dynamic DPS" is the evolution of the genre, I know what game I'll be playing

Do some research about how PoE started and then show us the charts again.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Campaign is still a breeze

Yes, especially after Act I. I still don't think Act I is too hard. However, a friend of mine who brought me to PoE all these years ago, has quit for good after trying Necropolis after a hiatus because he found it was ridiculously difficult.

Firefury sure is a bitch that needs to be adjusted. I tried her with a character with 75% fire res and she dealt about 35 damage/s. This translates to around 140 damage/s for a character without fire res - very likely when you just come out of town. Add to that possible burning damage and it is really easy to see that she'll massacre many a low level char.
Yes, I know to just avoid her firestorms and keep moving. For new or returning players it can be a problem.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
JulianTesla wrote:
Do some research about how PoE started and then show us the charts again.

Do you mean research on how GGG started developing the game in a garage with almost no budget vs EHG which got a huge Tencent investment 2 years prior to the release and was ramping up considerably even before that?

Nice cherry picking btw. Guess you can't say much about the rest of what I said. :-)
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 30, 2024, 5:22:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info