Why is it impossible to condense POE into a couple of acts and port that into POE2?

title
~
The Mirror of Kalandra and user retention (view-thread/3489839)
Why not throw the ring into the sea? (view-thread/3488268)
Beware of misinformation on good leagues (view-thread/3514952)
Last edited by BlackMarshes212 on Apr 25, 2024, 5:03:52 PM
Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 1:14:24 PM
No one said it was impossible, but it would be a waste of development time since PoE1 isn't going anywhere.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
You wanna go play PoE1, go play PoE1
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
You wanna go play PoE1, go play PoE1
Woah relax the toxicity. Too much of that nowadays.
Imo 5 acts would be fine to tell the whole stroy imo.

Act 6-10 is the same old but with a different paint and a shitty redemption arc.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
kyobusa wrote:
Woah relax the toxicity. Too much of that nowadays

His every interaction with me is like that. Just ignore.
~
Last edited by BlackMarshes212 on Apr 25, 2024, 7:35:51 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Spoiler
Imo 5 acts would be fine to tell the whole stroy imo.

Act 6-10 is the same old but with a different paint and a shitty redemption arc.

We know from the PoE 2 website that it's going to have a six-act campaign. Well then, they can condense POE 1 (like Dragon ball Z kai) and we can all stay toghether. No community split. Win Win.

Maybe they like to keep the style... they can do what Diablo 2 : Resurrected did or Diablo 4 (when it was testing D2R concept).

One could play POE1 then the style and graphis could change for POE2 as soon as one transitions from one campaign to the next OR maybe just two different starting points that meet at the same endgame.

Idk.

TL;DR = last ditch attempt to prevent a Community split.
~
"
We know from the PoE 2 website that it's going to have a six-act campaign. Well then, they can condense POE 1 (like Dragon ball Z kai) and we can all stay toghether. No community split. Win Win.

Maybe they like to keep the style... they can do what Diablo 2 : Resurrected did or Diablo 4 (when it was testing D2R concept).

One could play POE1 then the style and graphis could change for POE2 as soon as one transitions from one campaign to the next OR maybe just two different starting points that meet at the same endgame.

Idk.

TL;DR = last ditch attempt to prevent a Community split.
But...surely the people who would be "split" (ie. adamant they'd prefer to keep playing POE1 and not POE2) won't be doing so because they miss the story? This isn't going to keep any of them around. They'll be staying with POE1 for the ways POE1 plays that POE2 doesn't, whatever those ways end up being. You can't fix that with a story catch-up.

Look, if this were more like Starcraft going into Starcraft 2, where there had been a long time between many fans playing the first and second games (and it would cost people money to go back and play the first one), I'd really like the idea of a little playable catch-up. You could cover a lot of the filler with voiceover and just throw in some of the more important fights, "retold" in POE2's gameplay. But it's not like that. There's no gap between them, and POE is still free and right there.

"Community split" is not scary. There are lots of different games in the world, it's normal that not everyone plays the ones you like.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Apr 25, 2024, 8:34:08 PM
"
title

I want PoE 1 and 2 to be different games now. I previously wanted my OP nonsense gear to carry over and was disappointed at the announcement of the split. Now that I have no passion for PoE1 left and I'm just giving away divines every time I log in for 5 minutes, a fresh start sounds nice.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I want PoE 1 and 2 to be different games now. I previously wanted my OP nonsense gear to carry over and was disappointed at the announcement of the split. Now that I have no passion for PoE1 left and I'm just giving away divines every time I log in for 5 minutes, a fresh start sounds nice.

That's fair and I think I'm leaning towards your opinion or maybe I'm just burnt out from the past league.

Speaking of burnout, you think it's bad with POE? Wait until the cycle between POE <---> POE 2 begins. Streamers are going to love that! more content they can zoom-zoom across and when things get stale the "new league" on the other game will be close to launching.

THAT is not going to go the way streamers and GGG think it's going to go.

If we see all this negativity, toxicity, and stress with one game. Can you imagine what it's going to be like with 2 games? Either simultaneously or one after another?

[W][A][S][D] game-play? I mean, don't get me wrong the movement looks GOOD and I trust everyone's opinion so far that it feels amazing. That being said, those where all short tests. We are Path of Exile players. We don't short test. A lot of us play for 5-8 hours per gaming session. Some of us go for 9-15 hours per gaming session. How is THAT going to feel like ?

I hope they have talked to an impartial third party (not a yes-man) that has published many peer reviewed papers as well as an extensive and acclaimed career about all these issues.

"
The good news is, you came a long way
The bad news is, you went the wrong way

J. Cole
- Love Yourz

I truly hope J. Cole's words never come true when it comes to POE.

Maybe, they should release the C.B., as it was planned for June 7. Let the people try [W][A][S][D] for 8-15 hours per gaming session (though they would have to release ACT 1-2 + maps or else we will get bored and not test much)... you'll get your answers quick.

GGG could also beta test league cycles... Same POE 1 game client, but we can create a shortcut to the game's executable file with an argument for "beta-test" that would launch a version of the game with a completely different league... you'll get your answers quick.
~
Last edited by BlackMarshes212 on Apr 25, 2024, 9:25:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info