Why is it impossible to condense POE into a couple of acts and port that into POE2?

1 & 2 will be different games...period.

If 2 is a big hit 1 will be allowed to go gently into that good night but more likely we will see both for some years.

Do peole ven realize that even tho PoE 2 will have less "acts" in campaign, it will take WAY more time to finish?
I doubt it's impossible, but at this point PoE 2 seems a very different game with a different design philosophy. If you merge them into one game either PoE 2 will swallow PoE 1 or vice-versa. Yes, they are splitting the community, but if they merge the games, it's even worse - they will alienate one part of the community (either those who love POE 1, or those who are burned-out of POE and want something fresh).

I don't see much harm in this split and for every side to be able to enjoy their version of the game or even switch between two games if they like both. Unless, devs abandon PoE 1 and leave it on a 'life-support' as some like to claim, I think it's a win-win situation for everyone.
"
kyobusa wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
You wanna go play PoE1, go play PoE1
Woah relax the toxicity. Too much of that nowadays.

He's not toxic, he's right. And he said it the way it needs to be said.
"
"
kyobusa wrote:
Woah relax the toxicity. Too much of that nowadays

His every interaction with me is like that. Just ignore.

PoE1 does not cease to exist with the launch of PoE2 so if you want to play PoE1 campaign, you can always go back to that. There's no need for the old campaign in a new game.

The old campaign is so outdated at this point that, to bring it up to the new standard they're setting with PoE2, they'd have to put in a lot of extra work to make it fit in. I'd rather they spend that time working on other things tbh.

I was neither rude, nor disrespectful in my remark, and what I said wasn't unreasonable either. Not sure what you are reading into it, but sometimes words just mean what they say
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
A campaign skip would be cool.

Tic a box and skip the campaign if you want to, but you also cannot participate in any races or ladders. Sounds like a fair exchange to me.
"
Glorfndel01 wrote:
1 & 2 will be different games...period.

If 2 is a big hit 1 will be allowed to go gently into that good night but more likely we will see both for some years.

its unlikely for poe1 to die, if anything poe2 might be the one that flops 5 years from now instead, click to move arpgs have been around for 30 years now, and they are here to stay
Personally, I don't think the PoE1 campaign is very good - which makes sense cause throughout early PoE they were released one at a time right. I played on Oriath launch and don't like how Act 6-10 is just Act 1-4 with one of the NPCs going missing and another turning evil.

Hopefully releasing an entire full campaign at once will give an opportunity for better writing that strings the acts together. I still don't really know why we chase Piety then Malachai then some random Gods into Malachai's students again. There's some really nice potential in the lore we get to read about but not experience, like the Expedition and TOTA lore, Vaal empire crumbling etc, hopefully the PoE2 campaign will be as memorable as Diablo 2's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info