What Do You Think GGG's Stance is on These Bugged Items Being Made and Traded?

Very disappointed about GGG still haven’t taken any action about this.
Even tho this league is kind of dead but we are just 1 out of 4 months in the league
Guess I’m gonna quit this league and never gonna support them anymore in the future if they don’t remove those bug item and ban those players who abuse it
"
FlyingTurtleZ wrote:
Even tho this league is kind of dead but we are just 1 out of 4 months in the league
Guess I’m gonna quit this league and never gonna support them anymore in the future if they don’t remove those bug item and ban those players who abuse it

maybe read the forum before posting

-craft is disabled and they are thinking how to remove sockets
d:-D*
They will probably remove the extra-sockets and that's all. Most people expected this bug to be fixed in hours, whoever spent mirrors on 6L squires or socketed awakened gems in bugged sockets, tough luck.

The only people who abused this bug are the people who sold the bugged items. For people who actually used the items, I don't think having double dps for a few hours made that much impact.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on May 3, 2024, 8:49:42 PM
"
MediumCoffee wrote:
so still no word from ggg if this is not allowed? I dont want to be the only one without a nice 6 link item if they decide to patch it but let the items stay..

See now that's exactly why I'm wanting to know. Cause I don't want to do anything game illegal and I also don't want to be missing out on great profit, not just trade wise but even for use on my own chars. Cause trade wise we see what happened with the guys that created and retained the bugged 24k / 25k fire resist chests. They're making a killing.

"
PyleWarlord wrote:
"
FlyingTurtleZ wrote:

maybe read the forum before posting

-craft is disabled and they are thinking how to remove sockets

We're all here on the official forum / PoE website and GGG hasn't posted about it anywhere. Not sure where you're getting your info from but if they did disable it ok, wouldn't be hard to remove sockets and revert items to their normal state. Look how they changed / deleted the alt quality gems.

"
ShardFenix wrote:
GGG has been very lax in punishing cheaters in the past. That's why the same groups/people keep trying to cheat. Nobody is afraid of the consequences because there are none.

GGG needs to be way more aggressive in punishing people who abuse obvious bugs like this. First offenders should get a temporary ban or league ban, and second offenders need to lose their accounts.

You will never lose money by making trade leagues more fair. You lose money when people stop playing because the game becomes trivial and there's nothing to do.

Oh man, the way people have been acting in global and trade chat today regarding my and other players warnings against participating in any form or fashion with this bug exploit; is basically them taking a white glove and slapping it across GGG's face daring them to do something. "They can't ban all of us" "Wont be a ban wave" "The bugged fire chests still exist and they haven't done anything yet" Those are the general comments from the doubters today

As for GGG's history with handling bugs being exploited, well I wouldn't go that far to say they've been lax in puinshing cheaters in the past.......remember this?

"
20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse
Earlier today, we learned of a bug in Ultimatum that allows players to generate excessive rewards. Shortly after its discovery, we deployed a hotfix that capped the amount of experience and items that Ultimatums could yield.

We have banned 20 accounts that abused this exploit multiple times. These bans will last until Ultimatum ends in July. We will also void the characters they made in Ultimatum so that they (and their items) will not be transferred to their parent leagues.

If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.
Posted by Chris
on Apr 20, 2021, 5:43:37 AMGrinding Gear Games
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3087148

THAT right there, was a lesson I'm glad I didn't have to learn the hard way. In fact, ever since then I gave up any thoughts and dreams about enjoying any major exploits found. That was a great mix of fear and confusion cause on one hand we all know the obvious rules of the game like what NOT to do, RMT, 3rd party programs etc but that was totally different.

So now I'm wondering if GGG will continue to keep that same energy with everyone who used the exploit today. Shouldn't be hard to trace who beastcrafted and who made what trades involving the illegal items.

Strange thing, I remember there was a post from GGG not that long ago where they mentioned doing a ban wave but they never specifically said what the offensive was. People all assume it was RMT but could have been 3rd party programs too.

"
6_din_49 wrote:
They will probably remove the extra-sockets and that's all. Most people expected this bug to be fixed in hours, whoever spent mirrors on 6L squires or socketed awakened gems in bugged sockets, tough luck.

The only people who abused this bug are the people who sold the bugged items. For people who actually used the items, I don't think having double dps for a few hours made that much impact.

I've been warning people all afternoon the moment this mess hit trade chat and global. Still plenty of doubters who were willing to create the items, sell and even buy them. As for me, NOPE! I stayed so far away from it, I didn't even touch my crafting bench; let alone go into the menegarie (beastiary area).

Idk about others but for me, it just doesn't seem worth risking my 12 year account just for a few extra links. Apparently others feel differently and were clearly willing to take that risk.

"
Aynix wrote:
They dont care. Its not first time it happens. Its not even 10th time it happened.

10th for this same thing or any exploit in general? Cause they seemed to let a dozen or so bugged 24k / 25k fire res chests slide for a while but today's exploit was on a different scale and literally broke the basic rules of the game. Remember they banned that other streamer and group from the Ultimatium bug exploit and that was only 3 years ago

IF GGG let's this slide with no banning and simple deletions / poofs; NOW we'd be in a very spooky place. Cause that'd be literally the go ahead with the next exploits, with no regard to GGG's possible actions. Their usual silence on things immediately gave people just enough rope.......let's see what happens. In any case this will set a precedent for future actions one way or another.

"
Astroknight wrote:
The only acceptable answer is to slam the hammer on the streamers (especially Sushi) and delete the items; I don't even want the economy regurgitating a bricked version back. Completely out of the game imo.
I think rollbacks are really only viable within an hour of things happening.
We're way too far at this point to even bother with a roll back without actively affecting people's gamestates pretty hard.

Rollback? I certainly hope not! I made 150 divines earlier selling 3x legacy ES % rings. Anyways, I honestly doubt a rollback would happen cause a few months ago when the servers were super buggy MANY of us asked and some demanded a rollback to be done but GGG firmly said no. Even I was one of them that emailed GGG asking for one cause I lost 2 good corrupted items due to the servers having super heavy loading times during whatever patch that was that affected us all.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure they'll either

A) Convert all bugged items to regular forms

B) Outright poof / delete the bugged items (might be unlikely but who knows)

C) Ban anyone who crafted such items

D) Trace and ban everyone who even touched the bugged items, whether they crafted them or bought them; due to everyone outright knowing 100% well it's a bug and was exploited

It'd serve people rightly so if GGG went with option D here. Time will tell...next week might bring in a flood of tears to those people. They all have been laughing at GGG today with doubts of any consequences happening. Right now I wouldnt doubt that GGG employees are like "time to put in some overtime boys!" Should be quite the weekend......

I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Last edited by WoT_Seanchan on May 3, 2024, 11:08:10 PM
WoT_Seanchan you obviously missed this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3519943
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Bestiary is easily the #1 mechanic when it comes to amount of exploits we had with it in PoE history. Usually it was with split beasts and people mass-duping their items, now its time for new guy on the block - 6 link beast.
"
Factually untrue, i've seen streamers banned for actual cheats they were using on stream

Cool story bro, facts not in evidence. Got some links to back that up? Such an occurrence would have been HUGE news.

How much exact accurate map traversal and perfect item picki(t)ng do they have to do before it becomes statistacaly impossible to conclude anything other than they are cheating? And no those cheats do not have to be visible on the screen they are streaming.
Bruh Empyrian (and his entire team), one of bigger PoE streamer got banned in Ultimatum for using exploit to get more loot from them. It wasnt even any 3rd party tools, he just used "bug" that was in the game, that he also reported.
Ultimatum group ban case has been brought often in multiple threads recently, I just wish to point out that one of the reasons for such harsh GGG response back then could have been technical implications of infinite ultimatum bug. More and more mobs spawning, leaving corpses, dropping more and more loot on the same tiny space would increase instance replication load far beyond usual levels, multiply that by 6 clients too.

So 1 party going brrr with that ultimatum abuse could cause other instances in same physical server to have performance issues. Many parties doing that could jeopardize whole backend stability.

With 6-links-everywhere bug, only collateral damage is economic (which is already a mess with how many holes this league had) and GGG trust bank/reputation of upholding their own rules (some could say this trust evaporated long time ago anyway:).

So while I never doubted items will get converted, doubt the bans will take place, the bug became too widespread before hotfix, a lot of people participated in it one way or another.
Oh I totally agree that people wont get banned for 6link bug because we had several cases in the past where people would abuse split beast to dupe their items and no one got banned. Im just saying there are rare cases where people do ghet banned for using exploits (like streamer showing exploit to everyone)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info