3.24.2 Hotfix 5

"
vacii wrote:
"
Synitare wrote:

The world isn't so black and white as you would love to believe. There are absolutely grey areas, and just as absolutely cases in which ignorance is in fact a valid reason.

This is also a completely different situation. People love comparing it to the Ultimatum thing, but the reality is that all this did was allow some extra links. One generated an absurd amount of currency, the other adds +1 to your infinity damage. People screaming for blood over this are beyond unreasonable, to the point that it's genuinely concerning. In the league with a straight up item editor, people are literally losing their minds over some extra power with a negligible impact on...anything.

In the context of rules and laws, specifically in video games, things are EXACTLY black and white.
Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such.

In real life criminals are prosecuted and go to prison. In video games they get suspended for a period of time.

Lol Lawful Good people are annoying.
"
Osirius wrote:
"
vacii wrote:
"
Synitare wrote:

The world isn't so black and white as you would love to believe. There are absolutely grey areas, and just as absolutely cases in which ignorance is in fact a valid reason.

This is also a completely different situation. People love comparing it to the Ultimatum thing, but the reality is that all this did was allow some extra links. One generated an absurd amount of currency, the other adds +1 to your infinity damage. People screaming for blood over this are beyond unreasonable, to the point that it's genuinely concerning. In the league with a straight up item editor, people are literally losing their minds over some extra power with a negligible impact on...anything.

In the context of rules and laws, specifically in video games, things are EXACTLY black and white.
Anyone who argues differently is potentially driven by malicious intent, to either commit, aid and abet crime or evade prosecution for such.

In real life criminals are prosecuted and go to prison. In video games they get suspended for a period of time.

Lol Lawful Good people are annoying.

Self-righteous people are annoying too.
All i do is argue against the justification of exploits.

Go back several pages and get the full context, the forum allows maximum of 3 nested quotes.
Move on with your lives, it's a video game that is supposed to be fun. This was fun for many while it lasted.
"
lordmach wrote:
Move on with your lives, it's a video game that is supposed to be fun. This was fun for many while it lasted.

I agree.
i think yalls should just let the stuff stay, will be in standard in a few months anyway. let them eat cake. not like the economy could be any more weird this league lol.
I have no idea what world that vacii guy live in but its not the real world. The law especially isnt black and white or we wouldnt have judges and juries to determine if someone broke the law or not. Its all a sliding scale almost never 0 or 1 but in between.
"
vacii wrote:
"
Synitare wrote:

I am arguing that this is not black and white because I want to be safe while I play. Why you labeling others that think from a different perspective must be criminal or malicious?

Not knowing the law and breaking it is not an excuse. But what about when you ask the law and get contradicting answers like we have? I am trying to follow the instructions yet the instructions change without communication. I have no ill intent yet could easily cause harm just as every other player.

This is a problem that every single new thing I learn about PoE for years is measured in "could be an exploit or not." Rather than "is worth my time or not."
"
vacii wrote:

You are assuming an analogy is the same as straight comparison.
If you've read carefully, you would have understood that IF intent to exploit is proven, the whole situation gets black and white pretty fast.

An analogy is literally, by definition, a comparison. What are you even talking about? And no, it still doesn't get black and white at all. There's a post on the subreddit of someone that has a full set of Kaom's gear all fully linked and socketed with either portal gems or detonate mines. They intentionally exploited this bug to do something clearly against the rules. Not a single reasonable person would conclude that they're exactly the same as anyone else exploiting any other bug.

Again, there's a reason suspensions exist instead of terminations. There's a reason appeals exist. There's a reason they're fixing the bug instead of banning people. There's a reason other bugged items are allowed to continue to exist without consequence.

Just in case it's not clear; that reason is because these things are not even a little bit black and white. The term "case by case basis" exists precisely for these situations.

Also I'd like to point out that your entire argument is flawed from the beginning. Laws are rules, but not all rules are laws. The very idea of viewing a video game service policy as "law" is unhinged.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Pfffffft.

What a crock of shit.

Not because I made any one of these items (dipped early, too late to come back?), but because...

IT'S AN UNINTENTIONAL TEST OF THE POE 2 GEM SYSTEM.

THINK ABOUT IT.

A bunch of extra 6Ls--including multiples for 1H builds.

With this exploit, you could run a 6L frost blades and molten strike on the same build!

Dear GGG: **KEEP** this in the game as an emergent test of Path of Exile 2's gem system, in some small way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info