Banning people for exploits

"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
xaerobb wrote:
Why punish anyone? This is a game not a criminal case.
The bug is a consequence of irresponsibility and non-optimization of the game by the GGG team.

lol okay, should GGG stop making games then?

idc what GGG decides to do with the abusers at the end of the day, it's their game, it's up to them to keep a level playing field for anyone who spends time playing it.

and it's up to players to see if it's worth their time to play a game where exploit/bugs are rampant.

and it's never right to use something knowing it's an obvious oversight and transfer the blame to devs for having it in the first place. well sure, but you should understand that it's impossible as a programmer to cover all possible corner cases.

the users will break their product in one way or another, and devs will come and set it right. and if its against ToS, devs have all the right to ban the end users.

OK, and "at the end of the day" after 3.24.2 Hotfix 5, what did GGG do?
It is no longer possible to craft items, but they still exist and can be traded right now.
How many players who bought those items will be cheated by this?
Is it their fault that they bought something?
Is this responsible game owner ?
"
xaerobb wrote:

OK, and "at the end of the day" after 3.24.2 Hotfix 5, what did GGG do?
It is no longer possible to craft items, but they still exist and can be traded right now.
How many players who bought those items will be cheated by this?
Is it their fault that they bought something?
Is this responsible game owner ?

yes, it's the player's responsibility then. In the patch, they clearly stated that this is a bug. Meaning, the items that came out of the process are now game-illegal.

they also mentioned that they are working on a way to correct this.

It's a joke that people are still selling it and even more laughable that people are spending currency buying it. Tell you what, people are now going to lengths to preserve these precious game-breaking items by gift wrapping them to prevent them from going poof(or to normal) while they do DB sweep and wipe. LOL. pathetic.

Yes, this league has been a roller coaster of bugs and bug fixes, but again "at the end of the day", it's partly on the users before buying to suspect if something came out of an illegal process.

it's not that hard, eg. items having the "Have 1 socket" mod to have 4 sockets or items having the "have no sockets" mod to have 6 sockets. easy peezy.

just don't use/buy them.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
"
xaerobb wrote:
Why punish anyone? This is a game not a criminal case.
The bug is a consequence of irresponsibility and non-optimization of the game by the GGG team.

Because its against ToS. You know, that thing you never read.

"
Jadian wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Breach of ToS is breach of ToS. It DOES NOT matter whether your breach of ToS affected others, affected economy etc. Punishment needs to be the same for all cases.

The ToS is also the basis for giving chat bans. They may refer players to the Code of Conduct, but that itself says to see the ToS for more information.

Should GGG just get rid of chat bans entirely, and skip straight to banning accounts outright for "breach of ToS"?

Yes.
Last edited by Aynix on May 4, 2024, 4:46:36 PM
"
iParadoxG wrote:

yes, it's the player's responsibility then.....

On the other hand, people on this forum rightly give examples of bugged items in standard, which are legally used, sold or used for mirror services (with mirror fee) and none of them have been banned.
Punishing anyone now would be a selective approach by the GGG.
"
xaerobb wrote:
people on this forum

since when did "people on this forum" start dictating on what's allowed/disallowed in this game?

stop listening to whiners, play the game within the boundaries the dev set. simple logic.

if you think that's too tough for you without using 18-linked skills, then you're playing the wrong game. even if some items escape the purge and go to standard, good luck to you on getting one of those/ if you already have one, Have fun in standard I guess.

edit: my apologies, maybe I got personal. I don't mean to, but yes, I see your point. (I am a kinda filthy casual who believes mirror of k shouldn't exist, mirror fee is stupid, even mirror is stupid, having a currency with no downside? reeks of ar em tee to me, can't think of any other reason why mirror should stay, but that's whole another argument)

it's just getting pointless to play this game even, after these ridiculous items, I just hope GGG sets things right in a way that pleases them. I am already on the verge of burnout too. So again, I really don't care.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Last edited by iParadoxG on May 4, 2024, 5:21:55 PM
"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
xaerobb wrote:
people on this forum

since when did "people on this forum" start dictating on what's allowed/disallowed in this game?

stop listening to whiners, play the game within the boundaries the dev set. simple logic.

if you think that's too tough for you without using 18-linked skills, then you're playing the wrong game. even if some items escape the purge and go to standard, good luck to you on getting one of those/ if you already have one, Have fun in standard I guess.

edit: my apologies, maybe I got personal. I don't mean to, but yes, I see your point. (I am a kinda filthy casual who believes mirror of k shouldn't exist, mirror fee is stupid, even mirror is stupid, having a currency with no downside? reeks of ar em tee to me, can't think of any other reason why mirror should stay, but that's whole another argument)

it's just getting pointless to play this game even, after these ridiculous items, I just hope GGG sets things right in a way that pleases them. I am already on the verge of burnout too. So again, I really don't care.

People on this forum do not dictate the rules, the TOS governs that.
But people on this forum are citing examples of the TOS being selectively enforced for a reason, that shouldn't be happening.
There's no need to advise me, you've certainly strayed from the topic of this post "Banning people for exploits".

https://ibb.co/N7jdk8k
Last edited by xaerobb on May 5, 2024, 4:16:36 AM
People who are defending the items/exploits are dirty cheaters/exploiters/rmters themselves.

Plain and simple
Honestly, if you need a 6-link Squire to play the game that's telling a whooooole story. And if you defend the idea of these items existing that cannot be naturally acquired without exploits, you are no friend of mine. I sincerely hope GGG takes a hard stance on this and hands out a collective spanking for all the exploiters.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Honestly, if you need a 6-link Squire to play the game that's telling a whooooole story. And if you defend the idea of these items existing that cannot be naturally acquired without exploits, you are no friend of mine. I sincerely hope GGG takes a hard stance on this and hands out a collective spanking for all the exploiters.

Precisely as you write
GGG won't ban the elites and market setters. The whole game revolves around them.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info