Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards

I solved on my Realtek and Windows XP there are problems with hardware support for three-dimensional sound I think ( Blue screen stop***: 0x0000007f ).
Turned off Reverb in Sound options in the game fixed this.

I also had problems with change volume, move the slider one level to the left for acceleration sound fixed this too. I hear no missing sounds. Back this slider to the right after exit the game.
Bold soldier boy, you leave your home and heart today.
The lass you love leave weepin' at the door.
There is no joy when sweethearts roam so far away . . .
But the bold young soldier boy must go to war.
Hey guys

I dont know if the sound driver is the problem. I figured that the bad "Power Management" solution on Windows envolves the problem alot. Disabling it (USB and GPU) seems to reduce the BODS. On my side here at least.

USB:
Go to the driver manager. Right click on a usb hub device, properties, power management tab.
Now disable the checkbox "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Click ok.
Then do this for all the USB HUB's.

GPU:
The problem here is that the drivers lower the core speed to safe power. And thats just enought to let the game crash.
Install "Riva Tuner", got to the power user tab, click on RIVA TUNER \ NVIDIA \ Overclocking
set EnablePerfLevelForcing to one by typing the 1 into the filed.
Click ok.

That hopefully should reduce your BSOD frequency.
I had BSOD playing this game the first days and I solved updating creative drivers. I saw the problem was creative drivers using http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html because the error was caused by a creative file.

I think I had 2009 drivers creative gaming sound blaster and updating to 2010 drivers (I think was this date) it was solved :)

As you see I don't remember any detail but if anyone has the same problem can talk about it. Hope it helps!
hi all

I have an Audigy 2 ZS in beta everything was ok with the sound. Launched the game without problems.
But since the start of the final, game will only start with "- nosound" . Whats wrong?

there is no longer a new driver for the card. --softwareaudio will not work.
When will that fixed?
Since there were no problems in the beta, the fault is in the game.

Thanks for reading, I hope on assistance.

system:
win7/ 32bit
intel E8400
4gb ddr2
asus hd 6870 direct cu
audigy 2 zs

win and all drivers uptodate

edit:

WTF in compatibility mode for win98 / Me game starts properly with sound but without "- nosound / - software audio". not in compatibility mode for win 2000/ xp all/ vista all and win7.

What ye have in the final merely made​​?
Dark the other side is very dark. Shut up Yoda and eat your toast.
Last edited by Armaliona on Nov 8, 2013, 5:47:25 PM
Quit 8 months ago and still have this BS BSOD... seriously get your shit together
Any chance upcoming patch will fix this soundcard BSOD issue?..
Holy cow what a pain. I've played this game twice for 20 minutes each. Both sessions were ended by a BSOD. I've been down these roads before. I immediately check the forums to see if it was common. Yep. I'm not even screwing with trying to find out which fix might correct the issue. Any BSOD bug that's been around this long earns the kiss of death from me. Not worth the potential data loss on my system. Bye. I'm gone.
-swa as launch option worked for me
Soundcard is 2005 pci x-fi fatality
I am afraid any game that BSOD - and screws up my raid - is a deleter
I am so sad to this game looked so great :¬)
hope you bother to fix it :¬)
but for me its byeeeee
"
madusmacus1 wrote:
I am afraid any game that BSOD - and screws up my raid - is a deleter
I am so sad to this game looked so great :¬)
hope you bother to fix it :¬)
but for me its byeeeee

screws up your raid?

as for the BSOD, that's a driver problem, not a game problem (if you're following the thread).

just add -swa and it won't bluescreen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info