Animate Guardian

Last edited by Anshu_ on Nov 12, 2013, 5:06:28 AM
"
"
Anshu_ wrote:
Supposing you are using MF gear on your charecter, and you give your guardian MF gear.... will the MF stack when the guardian makes the kills?

Need an answer on this!!!!

Naturally, it should (that's true for every other minions we had before 1.0.0). If it really works or not, I don't know.

So if have 200 Item rarity on me, and I give 100% rarity to my guardian, then when it kills a mob its 300% rarity?
Would it be possible at all to have the guardian have it's own screen much like a character does in which it has slots to manually put it's armor pieces and weapons in? Also to show his resists, armour,evasion, ES, DPS etc. And lastly could their be a slider or buttons giving you options of how it functions, varying from aggressive to defender/tank or something to control how close he stays to the caster?

As far as it's survivability I think it should have a base of zero resistance(including chaos) in every difficulty level. I also think that it's stats( int, stre, dex) should be derived from from the highest stat requirement it is currently equipped with. I think this would be beneficial not only to it's survivability but to it's worth in combat as well.

Lastly I believe it should have an option of making the items it is using indestructible(reusable) or destructible(destroyed on death). Either making the destructible option have some sort of buff or the indestructible have some sort of debuff or nerf. That way players can have the option of either having unwanted whites to unwanted rares used and get more benefit than just summoning multiple skeletons. Or people can use Uniques and rare items that they would rather not part with and it still come with a price( the debuff).

thanks for reading and any further comments

Hey devs

Do you guys have further plans for the guardian? Making it's HP recoverable is nice, but that wasn't really the problem I and most others had with it. Assuming it hadn't run offscreen to die by itself, it was already easy to recover it's life between fights with rejuvenation totems and/or vitality.

I'm just wondering whether it's design is considered "done" or not.
Last edited by Crocodarrel on Nov 12, 2013, 4:01:02 PM
"
Hey devs

Do you guys have further plans for the guardian? Making it's HP recoverable is nice, but that wasn't really the problem I and most others had with it. Assuming it hadn't run offscreen to die by itself, it was already easy to recover it's life between fights with rejuvenation totems and/or vitality.

I'm just wondering whether it's design is considered "done" or not.

Yeah, It's really underpowered currently for a minion with a Max Cap of 1, and it has so much potential but is currently being held back by clunky mechanics and items being lost on death.
Just make it work as the Iron golem worked in D2.
I would gladly use an Ambu to make a minion with higher ele res and selfbuffing endurance charges on crit.
"
sx777 wrote:
I would gladly use an Ambu to make a minion with higher ele res and selfbuffing endurance charges on crit.
Ummmm... Yo ucan already do that.

The issue is some base stat disparity adn requirement to provide gear in other slots.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
sx777 wrote:
Ummmm... Yo ucan already do that.

The issue is some base stat disparity adn requirement to provide gear in other slots.

"

Would it be possible at all to have the guardian have it's own screen much like a character does in which it has slots to manually put it's armor pieces and weapons in? Also to show his resists, armour,evasion, ES, DPS etc. And lastly could their be a slider or buttons giving you options of how it functions, varying from aggressive to defender/tank or something to control how close he stays to the caster?

As far as it's survivability I think it should have a base of zero resistance(including chaos) in every difficulty level. I also think that it's stats( int, stre, dex) should be derived from from the highest stat requirement it is currently equipped with. I think this would be beneficial not only to it's survivability but to it's worth in combat as well.

Lastly I believe it should have an option of making the items it is using indestructible(reusable) or destructible(destroyed on death). Either making the destructible option have some sort of buff or the indestructible have some sort of debuff or nerf. That way players can have the option of either having unwanted whites to unwanted rares used and get more benefit than just summoning multiple skeletons. Or people can use Uniques and rare items that they would rather not part with and it still come with a price( the debuff).

I believe my post covers all of what you both stated.
L15 GEM:
56% increased maximum life

Nice, but... wait! Increased life of what? 1 life? 10 life? 100 life?
How much life??????? Instead showing "56% increased", show how much life it is!!!
Sorry, my english is not nativ! ;-)
"
tedthegrouch wrote:

I believe my post covers all of what you both stated.
[/quote]Ehhhh... A way to see whats on the guardian yes, but summons in general need a stats tab. Making gear indestructible a and whatnot not so much.

I'd rather see the base stats significantly buffed (so that "white gear" of the right level isn't totally suicidal) and an AI tweak to make him smarter.

If the worry is that the base stats get too high, a "Reduced Damage" modifier and making increased life just a massive increase to the on gem modifier fixes that. I'd also like the ability to "animate" a skillgem to attach to him,or see him made into a support gem for melee attacks. Or ranged. Whichever.

"
Percles wrote:
L15 GEM:
56% increased maximum life

Nice, but... wait! Increased life of what? 1 life? 10 life? 100 life?
How much life??????? Instead showing "56% increased", show how much life it is!!!
56% increased life for items he has equipped (and his base life, which is meh).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Nov 14, 2013, 11:13:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info