Animate Guardian

"
Animate guardian should function like the diablo 2 mercenary.

I totally argee with that. Altar for resurrection might be placed to hideout and certain town.
"
SuoliPuikkari wrote:
"
Animate guardian should function like the diablo 2 mercenary.

I totally argee with that. Altar for resurrection might be placed to hideout and certain town.

That would be really cool and prevent people from spam summoning him by equipping the gem on and off
"

That would be really cool and prevent people from spam summoning him by equipping the gem on and off

Maybe I'm dumb, but in what world is that a problem?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Hello! Can AG receive IIR\IIQ from animated items or still not?
https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740943/page/1#p22777382 - переход на офф клиент.
Hi,

if I have AG lvl 20 with Empower lvl 2, which will give the AG +1 level and then Empower lvls up to lvl 3 - does AG will get +2 level, or do I have to cast AG again (with new items on the ground)?
you have to format yor harddisk, reinstall windows and POE and then and maybe then your animate guardian will be lvl 22 - no seriously, AG just becomes lvl 22 when empower goes up to level 3.

What makes you think it could be otherwise?
Would love to see some love given to Animate Guardian options wise... give us a way to make a ranged guardian or caster guardian as well.

Maybe add a tab in the character sheet that lists the Animate Guardians items and their affixes (although a separate equipment window for the AG would be better still).

Also I'd love an item or jewel that can make AG the primary focus of a build. Just needs to be designed in such a way that it's less about AG being another minion in a summoners army and more about 'I'm all in on this 1 super minion with some support fodder minions'.

EDIT: One other thing. Would anyone else be in favor of changing the 'increased physical damage AND additional physical damage' per level on AG to a decent overall MORE damage multiplier per level. I like playing things such as Oro's Sacrifice proliferate Guardian and Doryani's Fist zap Guardian but I feel like I'm fighting against the tide on this as they don't benefit from the phys damage bonuses.

Thanks and keep up the great work GGG.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Dec 1, 2017, 4:02:10 PM
I feel like It is one of those skills that do not age well.

No matter what uniques i give him,he will die at abyss lich and in high tier red map
and I give him max block,max hp,max resistance and fortify running necromancer build giving him all kinds of defense
the fact you lose all the items on his death make it the most expensive skill ingame
not the most frustrating one tho
I would be up for reducing his dmg by 90% and attack speed by by 50%_so 140%reduction) and increasing the hp 140%

Animated weapon would get dps buff instead,so ppl can pick between Defense and DPS

Altenatively,he would "fix" himself after 30minutes cooldown not losing the gear. This could be jewel or ring or just skill change.

Maybe I just do not know about some special combination that makes him immortal,if so I'll gladly learn from you guys but I tried everything from popular guides on forum and reddit to some of my own experiments.

What did not work so far: kaom,belly of the beast,advancing fortress,any item aura,enfeeble on hit,bringer of rain,voll's vision,zahndethus,death oath,dyadus,singularity,insburry,leer cast,blood dance,any unique shield ingame except the new ones that grand aegesis of ice,fire etc
Any ammount of life leech or hp regen

Big part of the issue is that it is melee monster,so it has to face tank 100k+dmg from end game bosses,something only people with specific builds can do with fully gemed gear all ring,necklace belt and passive tree
We can for example raise spectre of high level so it does survive well,but guardian is like zombie,and zombie die all the freaking time.

Let us give him slayer tree and vaal pact from uber lab and it is solved XD

Would be also nice to see tooltip dps and defense properly Before belly of beast it shows 30k hp after belly it shows 30k hp but i can feel the difference.

TL;dr He can not do end-game even with all 10%hp jewels 10% hp nodes and max hp gear because bosses 1shot him,giving him random trash items will keep him alive exactly as long as giving him 10exalts worth of items,it is another zombie in group

Suggestions: Every 20%hp lost giving him 1s dmg immunity so we can build him as hp regen/life leech
New unique,so he can respawn or just large % hp boost to gem base.

People should feel rewarded for giving him more expensive gear than they wear themselves,atm it is just cast on dmg taken trash collector.

Another thing that could help out the AG is if they could find a way to link an ability to the guardian to use instead of just using normal attacks. Find a 2hnder you won't ever use but is pretty nice, AG with a heavy strike or cleave linked to it for example.

So much could be done with AG to make it unique from other pets.
As the game grows more dangerous for minion AI, Animate Guardian fails to adapt, and becomes less, and less likely to survive encounters with any boss worth their salt; while the player is able to read telegraphed AoEs and get out of the way in time, an Animated Guardian will happily YOLO into a wood chipper, and get mulched into.. well, nothing, unless you're using an overpriced armor mod that drops ONLY the chest piece.

Currently, Animated Guardian exists exclusively as "Put support items on it and get a buff buddy", so we can't exactly make him invincible, because then everybody would have their very own support partner with no investment after the initial cost of the gear on a 0 link, so what do we do? Another avenue of choice is to make him drop items on death, or perhaps temporarily rendered inert, where any supportive effects it provided would not apply. Now, both of these options require an investment for the Animated Guardian to be used, as without minion life, minion life regeneration, and some links the AG would constantly be scrapped, and you would need to wait for them to "revive" before you receive their effects, or constantly it piece by piece. Skill tree, and gem socket investments are totally fine, but there's currently two other investments which make AG pretty unenjoyable.

Animated Guardian suffers from the problem of losing every single item on death, which is both a currency investment, and a time investment to get it back up and running, which makes me.. honestly not want to use it in this state. Now, it's not exactly a massive currency sink because a lot of the items used on Animated Guardian are cheap, but I mentioned it's a TIME investment as well, where - unless you have an endless supply of items stocked up for your AG in case it dies - you're probably going to need to buy them from another player, which can just be frustrating when you go through a list of 20 people trying to buy one piece of gear. Once or twice you might not mind, but repeated AG deaths just ends up with me not wanting to use it at all. So how do we deal with this?

Napkin Balance Idea: Upon reaching 0 hp AG becomes intangible, cannot attack, cannot provide buffs, and cannot be damaged, but will still follow you around (Maybe apply Phase Run, or Shade Form on it visually?); upon reaching 100% hp it will become active once more. The idea behind this is to prevent players from losing everything if it dies, but still requiring some skill gem, and tree investment so that it isn't just used as a free buff bot. Minion life would give it a larger health buffer to deal with to prevent being knocked down to 0 life - thus becoming temporarily useless - while minion life regeneration would help keep it alive, AND shorten the duration in which it is out of commission. Through this, we have managed to eliminate the problem of AG dying and requiring reassembling maintenance, while ensuring that some investment is required to run it, and without changing the numbers for some goofy fix like "increased animated guardian life by 5000%", which.. would help, and probably be easier, but it's not exactly an elegant fix, or interesting in the slightest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info