State of Exile Episode 5: Meeta Chris Wilson!

"
rrtson wrote:
Hege really... uh... needs to... uh... work on the "uh"s

Meant in the nicest way possible, but it really gets annoying after 10 minutes or so.

its because i got distracted with the frustrations of a last minute power outages (being delayed 1 hour because the host podcaster lost all his power 15 minutes prior to us needing to go live). I want to personally apologize for this.

The mouth breathing, the wind tunnel noise, the reverb all got me very very distracted.
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
So dont be too quick to dismiss, if you love the game and have the time then take that time to hear it out and maybe youll pick up more than you realise.

Don't want to hear about trading and racing and such BSes, when they will discuss some aRPG aspects then?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Cant wait to watch. Last episode was great already. Good job guys, keep it up!
Great Respect for Zeno & Hegy for what they do for PoE with this Podcast-Series! You really did a great Job knowing what crazy Situation You were in at this Time.

The Talk with Chris was nice, You only missed some more Reaction or Interaction (like Zeno did some Times), in Parts it seems a little Bit awkwardly 'silent' after he answered the Questions.

All in all the Podcasts are great & it is awesome that Chris did this :)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
^no respect for terrex? Shame on you.

I found his questions quite well put together around his main concerning issue. (racing)

Apart from looking like a really stand-up nice guy.
(this goes equally for hegy and zeno btw )
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
So dont be too quick to dismiss, if you love the game and have the time then take that time to hear it out and maybe youll pick up more than you realise.

Don't want to hear about trading and racing and such BSes, when they will discuss some aRPG aspects then?

those are arpg aspects, those things have been a part of arpgs since the original Diablo games. You dont 'want' to hear about it? Well thats your choice man, no ones forcing you, but imo you are missing out on good info.

I dont race, but I can start a new char right now and be mapping this time tomorrow. First time I played this game at the start of open beta I think it took me about a month before I could even properly clear a map on my own. Im not a racer but I learnt so much from listening to and watching racers on twitch. Not about how to be a racer, but just about the game in general, play strats, leveling etc.

My job is an auido engineer, I sound design, arrange and engineer the mix on peoples music. I really dont like country music, but if theres a show on tv about the making of a country album Ill watch it, because knowledge in my field is ALWAYS healthy to have. There was a time in my life where I would have said I hate country, fuck country music I dont want to watch anything to do with it. But negativity for its own sake like that is not healthy, esp when there are things I can learn that can help me in the areas I do enjoy.

If you always look to the negative you will miss out on a lot of what life has to offer, thats true in all things. It shuts down thought and isolates. A lot of the best insights Ive gained about making music have come from watching shows on interior design, painting, fashion... When you dont shut down your mind youll find that good understanding reflects in all things.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

those are arpg aspects, those things have been a part of arpgs since the original Diablo games. You dont 'want' to hear about it? Well thats your choice man, no ones forcing you, but imo you are missing out on good info.

I dont race, but I can start a new char right now and be mapping this time tomorrow. First time I played this game at the start of open beta I think it took me about a month before I could even properly clear a map on my own. Im not a racer but I learnt so much from listening to and watching racers on twitch. Not about how to be a racer, but just about the game in general, play strats, leveling etc.

My job is an auido engineer, I sound design, arrange and engineer the mix on peoples music. I really dont like country music, but if theres a show on tv about the making of a country album Ill watch it, because knowledge in my field is ALWAYS healthy to have. There was a time in my life where I would have said I hate country, fuck country music I dont want to watch anything to do with it. But negativity for its own sake like that is not healthy, esp when there are things I can learn that can help me in the areas I do enjoy.

If you always look to the negative you will miss out on a lot of what life has to offer, thats true in all things. It shuts down thought and isolates. A lot of the best insights Ive gained about making music have come from watching shows on interior design, painting, fashion... When you dont shut down your mind youll find that good understanding reflects in all things.

This is one of the best random posts I've read in quite some time.

The only good thing I saw was they are considering making 6L easier to attain... or should I say "different" to attain maybe.
I know you guys had just about everything go wrong that could. Considering that, I think you did well. Everything that was under your control was handled well.

Much appreciated.
Last edited by Consequence on May 5, 2014, 4:35:42 PM
idk how they cant even bring SFL in there...
no wonder why they have such low views

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info